Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 16, 2014, 07:37:12 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Subject: Persona 3: FES
Prize: $20 eShop, PSN or Steam code
Date: 3rd October 2014 Time: 16:00 EST
331403 Posts in 13572 Topics by 2191 Members
Latest Member: Zaltys
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  The Official Final Fantasy XIII Japanese Release Topic
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] Print
Author Topic: The Official Final Fantasy XIII Japanese Release Topic  (Read 24722 times)
Akanbe-

Cheap? I paid a lot for this hat!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #180 on: February 08, 2010, 11:26:57 PM »

Let's see it: you save the world and everyone in your party dies, no afterlife.

"Thanks for playing"

Gee. I hope you didn't just spoiler the ending without making it. Or, did you?

Kinda hard to have a meta-game post final boss if everyone's dead.. so I'd hope not.

"Karma is...secret top tier"~Starmongoose
PSN ID: Akanbe9
CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #181 on: February 09, 2010, 04:15:15 AM »

It doesn't mean that nobody dies. But seriously, was anyone expecting they would ALL die? How many main characters died in FF games? I guess that revealing that feature is indeed a spoiler but it didn't strike me as one because I really wasn't considering the possibility.

Currently playing: Uncharted 3, Dark Souls, Team ICO Collection, Atelier Totori, Child of eden.
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #182 on: February 09, 2010, 01:48:13 PM »

Let's see it: you save the world and everyone in your party dies, no afterlife.

"Thanks for playing"

Gee. I hope you didn't just spoiler the ending without making it. Or, did you?

Kinda hard to have a meta-game post final boss if everyone's dead.. so I'd hope not.

You never know. Someone could end up sparing them a couple of Fenix Downs like Dawn of Souls sort of did (more like it took place after life). But then again, FFXIII's cast doesn't strike me as the Dirty Dozen type so they're probably safe from a TPW.

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
bigdeath

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #183 on: February 09, 2010, 05:26:19 PM »

Optima Cancel is part of the game as are the other tips. They are advance tactics that you pretty much need to use unless you want to make the game quite difficult.

Well that's interesting.  Do you have a source that it's not a bug?  Is it listed in a manual, in game tutorial, or developer interview?  It seems like a very unusual and hard to figure out 'feature'.  Why does it only activate when you switch back to optima config 1 and not some other config?

No, but I've not heard any thing about it being a bug except here. I also don't see how you could get 5 stars in a lot of battles without using it.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2010, 05:35:46 PM by bigdeath » Logged
mjrpgfan

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #184 on: February 10, 2010, 03:24:18 AM »

Optima Cancel is part of the game as are the other tips. They are advance tactics that you pretty much need to use unless you want to make the game quite difficult.

Well that's interesting.  Do you have a source that it's not a bug?  Is it listed in a manual, in game tutorial, or developer interview?  It seems like a very unusual and hard to figure out 'feature'.  Why does it only activate when you switch back to optima config 1 and not some other config?

No, but I've not heard any thing about it being a bug except here. I also don't see how you could get 5 stars in a lot of battles without using it.

Interesting.  It's unusual to put an undocumented, unintuitive yet important game mechanic in a game of this caliber.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: