Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 18, 2014, 11:49:56 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Congratulations to Andrew Barker! RPGfan Editor of the Year and now Chief News Editor!
340913 Posts in 13932 Topics by 2222 Members
Latest Member: XanTehMan
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Contact
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Contact  (Read 2621 times)
CluelessWonder

View Profile

Ignore
« on: March 03, 2006, 12:53:52 PM »

Wooo!  Atlus is localizing Contact for the DS.  It's by the makers of Killer 7.  In related news  Atlus is also localizing Super Robot Taisen: Original Generation for the GBA.  Anyways, back to Contact:

Here is a link to IGN's little write up and some pictures.  http://ds.ign.com/objects/761/761628.html

For those of you too lazy to click the link here is what is written there:  

A fantasy RPG for the DS. The story of Contact begins when an elderly professor, making use of a strange item called "element," crash lands his space ship on a strange planet, and with the elements now scattered across the planet, he can no longer get his ship off the ground. So, the professor enlists the help of a young local boy called Cherry in collecting the elements, as helping the professor is the only way that Cherry will be able to get home.

Cherry can stick multiple seals to himself, resulting in added powers. Seals can also be used to attack enemies who get in the way of your travels. Come across an elemental, and you'll want to use a seal to suck it up. Also, a costume system earns Cherry new skills with seven outfits (a fisherman, a cook, a pilot, etc.) along the way. Cherry also has magic and weapon-based skills which you also gather as you work through the game.

Here is the official press release:  

Atlus U.S.A., Inc. Announces Contact™ for the Nintendo DS™

An Offbeat Action RPG Packed with Hunting, Cooking, Fishing,
Training, Collecting, and Romance!

IRVINE, CA — March 3, 2006 — Atlus U.S.A., Inc., a leading publisher of interactive entertainment, today announced the acquisition of the North American publishing rights to Contact, an action role-playing game for the Nintendo DS. Developed in Japan by Marvelous Interactive Inc., Contact is scheduled for release in the summer of 2006.

"Contact is the rare breed of quirky RPG that attracts a rabid fanbase with its whacked-out story, setting, and characters," said Tomm Hulett, Project Lead for Atlus U.S.A., Inc. "I'm excited that gamers will be able to spread the fever to thousands of others with Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection."

About CONTACT
The klaxon alarm is shrieking! Something is wrong! The Professor wrestles his damaged spaceship to a crash landing on a mysterious planet.

In the aftermath of the crash, The Professor discovers that the power sources of his ship, known as Cells, have been scattered across the surface of this strange world. To retrieve them all, The Professor enlists the aid of a brave young man named Terry—and a brave video game player known as you! The Professor and Terry will ask for your help during the course of the adventure, using the Nintendo DS to “contact” you along the way.

Will The Professor gather the Cells and return to outer space? Will you learn the goal of the mysterious organization that seeks to gather the Cells for itself? The future of an entire world has been placed in your hands!

CONTACT Key Features:

Abundant gameplay activities including animal-training, item-collecting, monster-hunting, and old-school mini-games!
Dual-screen functionality with mission maps, interior/exterior viewpoints, and more!
Real-time combat with special abilities and powerful “Decal Attacks”!
Character design by Atsuko Fukushima, whose credits include the PSP hit PoPoLoCrois!

Currently Playing:  Brave Story:  New Traveler, various ios games

Currently Reading: 

Recently Beat: Shivah, Tales of the World:  Radiant Mythology, Thief
LHX

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2006, 05:06:32 PM »

looks hype

i call bluffs
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2006, 06:15:20 PM »

Games sounds neat. If I can get it when it comes out, I probably will.
Morridor

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2006, 06:28:19 AM »

I've seen some English screenshots of this game and I have to say it looks really great.  It looks very quirky and fun.  But I still can't get over how similar the scientist looks to Dr. Andonuts from Earthbound!

Danny

Yeah, this signature was way too spammy.
Dizzy

死ぬがよい

awe.of.she.1@gmail.com
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2006, 04:27:43 PM »

The game definately caught my interest. I'll have to pick it up, when it comes out.

I really like the visuals.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: