Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2014, 10:24:59 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
319738 Posts in 13047 Topics by 2147 Members
Latest Member: TacoBell_Lord
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  The Helper Monkey
| | |-+  PlayOn and DSi working together?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: PlayOn and DSi working together?  (Read 907 times)
Fei

!?

View Profile

Ignore
« on: January 11, 2010, 08:27:14 PM »

Is anyone here familiar with PlayOn software?  I used it during a free trial to enable me to watch movies from my desktop through my Wii, and I now have a more practical use for it, if it works.

I want to watch video through my DSi , since the DSi has no flash, and can't do youtube or anything.  PlayOn software streams video through a server it creates, and you just have to enter the url and you can see it...

I could probably research it to find out, but I think it's an interesting topic anyway.  I've heard talk of a Flash-lite being made for iPhones and DSi's, but I'm not sure if that's an illegal hack.  If these Nintendo products had just a little more memory, they'd be perfectly viable internet browsers.

Until I get a DVI cable and set up my PC for dual monitors, I can't cheat in Demon's Souls, and it would have been nice to have a video walkthrough playing on my DS while I'm actually playing on my main screen.

Also, my mom is interested in getting a DSi for the internet browsing, but it's hard for me to recommend it, as much as I want to.  It's great for browsing even this site, but without video...

If you re-spec your elduhz and own a Vita - http://twitter.com/BSNursery
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: