Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 28, 2014, 04:51:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
We have a new board! Pop on over to the Game Journals section and tell us what you've been playing!
338694 Posts in 13864 Topics by 2217 Members
Latest Member: milz
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Multiplayer RPGs
| | |-+  FF14 - RPGFanny Guild
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: FF14 - RPGFanny Guild  (Read 8331 times)
Dios GX
Banninated

dios@hidoshi.com GSaviourPrime
View Profile

Ignore
« on: January 16, 2010, 06:44:28 PM »

This is just an ahead-of-time thing, but with FF14 likely being a huge MMO to hit, I'd like to try and get all of RPGFan along the same lines that Stephen did with FFXI, and the Solaris Linkshell. Maybe not all the same guild, as I'm sure play times and styles and tastes will vary greatly. But I'm sure most of us would at least wanna be on the same server.

For now, I just want to see if anybody else wants to do this, or if they'd rather just do whatever. MMOs are about people over gameplay for me though, so I'd rather have something like this planned out ahead of time. As for me, I'm already cementing myself with 3 others, and we're hoping it'll have servers named after espers or whatever again. Thus, I propose that temporarily, plan on being on Leviathan again if that's the case.
Leo

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2010, 10:09:15 PM »

I'm game, but I have to wait and see if I can afford the game and the monthly charges, since at the moment, I don't have a job, so I gotta get a job first to keep up with those fees.
TurnBasedDude
Ys Man
Rainbow Club Member

hotshot562@hotmail.com Alcazard0 emmy_sols
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2010, 10:40:42 PM »

Leviathan sounds good (if they reuse server names), and that way, I'm hoping non-rpgfan friends from that server will remain there.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2010, 03:33:33 AM by TurnBasedDude » Logged

Xbox Gamertag: Gig01
Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/Zapper101
Hidoshi
RPGFan's Open Source Field Agent

Built This House

clothothespinner@hotmail.com BrandingRune
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2010, 02:27:36 PM »

Sounds good to me.
Akanbe-

Cheap? I paid a lot for this hat!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2010, 04:55:26 PM »

I'm interested.  I never got into Aion so I'll be looking for something new to spend my time doing.

"Karma is...secret top tier"~Starmongoose
PSN ID: Akanbe9
Roger S. Huxley

rogershuxley9
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2010, 01:20:03 AM »

I haven't played a MMO seriously consistantly since Ultima Online, but I'm really interested in FFXIV. I'd join.
Blace

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2010, 11:51:57 AM »

I plan on at least trying the game out, despite my current hate for MMO's, so I'll be down with it.

Tenchi-no-Ryu
RPGFan's MMO Junkie

TenchiNoRyujin
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2010, 05:17:52 AM »

The original Solaris core and friends will definately be playing. We've kind of had a reunion of sorts on Facebook, and once beta invites go out, I'll probably get the ball rolling on refitting the Aion legion website and vent. Would definately like to have alot of the old community back together. I'll keep you guys posted as more info comes along. Hopefully people will be less fucking fickle this go round.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2010, 05:20:04 AM by Tenchi-no-Ryu » Logged
Alisha

Z0eila@hotmail.com Z0eila
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2010, 01:51:26 PM »

i might be intererested but it depends what times you guys play. i'd likely be on between the hours of 12am-6am est.

“Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from.”
Fei

!?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2010, 02:39:21 PM »

The only problem would be if this game gets extremely popular, as in pop popular, a lot of real life friends will play, which will spread everyone out.  I was in a guild for a few games before WoW, and when WoW hit, everyone was all "my coworkers want me to play on their server so I made an alt" and we were destroyed.

Real life.. amazing what it can do :P

Oh, yeah I'm interested.  You all were quite amusing in FFXI.

If you re-spec your elduhz and own a Vita - http://twitter.com/BSNursery
Hidoshi
RPGFan's Open Source Field Agent

Built This House

clothothespinner@hotmail.com BrandingRune
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2010, 01:41:17 PM »

I'll probably look into having a local guild, but I doubt it'll sustain itself well. I'm more likely to play with you guys in the end.
Dios GX
Banninated

dios@hidoshi.com GSaviourPrime
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2010, 02:08:49 PM »

The only problem would be if this game gets extremely popular, as in pop popular, a lot of real life friends will play, which will spread everyone out.  I was in a guild for a few games before WoW, and when WoW hit, everyone was all "my coworkers want me to play on their server so I made an alt" and we were destroyed.

Oh, yeah I'm interested.  You all were quite amusing in FFXI.

I will never play online games with people I know IRL, save for Modern Warfare 2. I refuse to deal with people IRL talking about guild tactics and shit. People are dumb enough in text, I couldn't handle actively LISTEN to someone explain why head-long charging the Great Dragon of the Nexus is a great idea.

Also, I plan on playing a mithra in this game, and going on roughly a 2-year long ruse of pretending to be a girl. I will at first let people know I am "20 years old," (HINT: THIS IS PART THAT IS NOT TRUE), a year later mention I am turning 21, igniting long-dead coals beneath the loins of 16 year old retards who want to get into my faux internet vagina.

I have no plans on extorting items, gil, power leveling, etc via this. My only goal is a 2-year long troll, possibly more. Also, I really like how the miffras look this time around. They actually wear clothes, which is far more appealing to me.

i might be intererested but it depends what times you guys play. i'd likely be on between the hours of 12am-6am est.
You trippin' yo. This is Dios, master of the night. You don't remember me being awake until 8AM every day on PSO Ver.2? Hell if you'll play regularly, I could use a long-term associate for those hours. Possibly a tank/rogue combo for some epic lootage late night? We'll see.

The only problem would be if this game gets extremely popular, as in pop popular, a lot of real life friends will play, which will spread everyone out.  I was in a guild for a few games before WoW, and when WoW hit, everyone was all "my coworkers want me to play on their server so I made an alt" and we were destroyed.
If anybody asks "Do you play Final Fantasy fourteen?" You reply with "No, all that WoW shit is gay dude."
« Last Edit: January 24, 2010, 02:11:48 PM by Dios GX » Logged
Jet16

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2010, 03:41:39 PM »

Yeah, I'm interested as well.
Alisha

Z0eila@hotmail.com Z0eila
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: January 26, 2010, 07:28:14 PM »

The only problem would be if this game gets extremely popular, as in pop popular, a lot of real life friends will play, which will spread everyone out.  I was in a guild for a few games before WoW, and when WoW hit, everyone was all "my coworkers want me to play on their server so I made an alt" and we were destroyed.

Oh, yeah I'm interested.  You all were quite amusing in FFXI.

I will never play online games with people I know IRL, save for Modern Warfare 2. I refuse to deal with people IRL talking about guild tactics and shit. People are dumb enough in text, I couldn't handle actively LISTEN to someone explain why head-long charging the Great Dragon of the Nexus is a great idea.

Also, I plan on playing a mithra in this game, and going on roughly a 2-year long ruse of pretending to be a girl. I will at first let people know I am "20 years old," (HINT: THIS IS PART THAT IS NOT TRUE), a year later mention I am turning 21, igniting long-dead coals beneath the loins of 16 year old retards who want to get into my faux internet vagina.

I have no plans on extorting items, gil, power leveling, etc via this. My only goal is a 2-year long troll, possibly more. Also, I really like how the miffras look this time around. They actually wear clothes, which is far more appealing to me.

You trippin' yo. This is Dios, master of the night. You don't remember me being awake until 8AM every day on PSO Ver.2? Hell if you'll play regularly, I could use a long-term associate for those hours. Possibly a tank/rogue combo for some epic lootage late night? We'll see.

If anybody asks "Do you play Final Fantasy fourteen?" You reply with "No, all that WoW shit is gay dude."

i remember vaugely,but i didn't remember what times we played together.

“Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from.”
Cesta

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: January 28, 2010, 07:36:35 PM »

I was in Solaris, but RL kept me away from you all. Things should be better now as far as my time for FF14. Right now I'm playing Aion and Wow, but I will spend most of my time on this if I get selected for the beta. I'll be looking out for all of you.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2010, 07:40:46 PM by Cesta » Logged
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: