Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 30, 2014, 08:30:01 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
329981 Posts in 13522 Topics by 2179 Members
Latest Member: Lian_Kazairl
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Site Related & More
| |-+  RPGFan: The Boards
| | |-+  i'm kinda curious...
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print
Author Topic: i'm kinda curious...  (Read 23497 times)
Alisha

Z0eila@hotmail.com Z0eila
View Profile

Ignore
« on: January 18, 2010, 04:19:14 PM »

who is ignoring me. i dont care if someone ignores me. but it kinda facinates me. if i had to venture a guess i'd say it's dade, or maybe hidoshi since those are people they have expressed disdain for me in the past. seems kinda cowardly but whatever floats your boat.

“Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from.”
Dincrest
RPGFan Editor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2010, 04:51:34 PM »

Eh, for all you know it could just be some lurker with nothing better to do.  But I see where you're coming from.  If I had people on my ignore list, I'd want to know why and try to talk to them about it.  I don't have to be sweethearts with the disputee at the end of the day, but at least have a shred of mutual understanding. 

Next bike-a-thon: PD500 Rock 'n Roll ride (to benefit Parkinson's Disease) October 5, 2014
Alisha

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2010, 05:03:51 PM »

Eh, for all you know it could just be some lurker with nothing better to do.  But I see where you're coming from.  If I had people on my ignore list, I'd want to know why and try to talk to them about it.  I don't have to be sweethearts with the disputee at the end of the day, but at least have a shred of mutual understanding. 

you said better than i could of ever hoped to.

Ramza
Enjoying Retirement
Editor Emeritus

TSDPatGann
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2010, 06:18:34 PM »

We've talked about this elsewhere, but unless the person is just a troll that ONLY responds to you and ONLY has things to say when you're involved, ignoring someone is dumb. Why? If that person is an active member of the community, you can't follow threads whenever they've posted and people are responding to them.

Word.

D-Rider
Former God of RPGFan
Rainbow Club Member

Solitary One

ChlamydiaBlues
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2010, 08:43:47 PM »

Ever since we started with the whole ignore function here, I've tried as hard as I can to find a master list of who is ignoring who in the admin panel.  I have yet to find one.

That's taken a lot of the fun out of it, to be honest. :P

Tooker
RPGFan Editor

king_friday@hotmail.com PeopleJohnT bigfatusername@yahoo.com
View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2010, 10:00:30 PM »

Of course, if someone is ignoring you... they wouldn't see your post here, right?

Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand.
—Kurt Vonnegut
Daggerstrike
Rainbow Club Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2010, 01:16:59 AM »

I don't have you ignored using the system I just often ignore your posts ^_^

All right, we are going to use a fan brush here and uh why don't you take some hunter green and we are going to put a happy little bush right down over here in the corner there and that'll just be our little secret and if you tell anyone that that bush is there I will come to your house and I will cut you.
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2010, 01:29:11 AM »

Of course, if someone is ignoring you... they wouldn't see your post here, right?

Actually, just testing shows you CAN still see the thread, you just won't see that first post unless you click to see it. I've ignored a few people by mistake thanks to the ease of the ignore system, but I just as easily unignored them.

I only really think ignoring should be used if the person's an obnoxious trouble maker with no redeeming value to their posts, the kind of person that would also most likely be weeded out by the first passing admin.
Alisha

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2010, 01:22:07 PM »

after i posted this yesterday it occured to me that someone could be ignoring me due to some of my recent signature pics. and if thats the case it's probally best that i dont know who they are =P

Hidoshi
RPGFan's Open Source Field Agent

Built This House

clothothespinner@hotmail.com BrandingRune
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2010, 01:26:21 PM »

I doubt anyone is ignoring you for being a bleeding-heart lesbian who wears it on her sleeve.
GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

OK, options aren't SO bad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2010, 02:22:10 PM »

But how do you even know if someone is ignoring you? Are you assuming this or does it tell you somehow?
Personally, I would never use the feature. I'd feel like I was missing something.

edit: Ah, I see now that it's under profile info. I never knew that.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2010, 02:25:47 PM by GrimReality » Logged

Playing:
Reading: Mistborn by Brandon Sanderson
Dincrest
RPGFan Editor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2010, 02:28:43 PM »

Click on your profile and in that first block of facts is "ignored by" and it says how many members are ignoring you.  

Now I'm reminded of that scene in Fairly OddParents between Trixie and Timmy.  

Trixie: "I'm ignoring you." *turns away*

*waits 3 seconds*

Trixie: "I said I'm ignoring you!"

*waits 3 seconds*

Trixie (frantically): "STOP IGNORING ME IGNORING YOU!!!!!"  

(I'm sure that's happened to many of us in real life.  I remember one time in college I pissed off this volatile female friend of mine to the point where she screamed "I NEVER WANT TO SPEAK TO YOU AGAIN!!!!" and damn near slapped me in the face.  I just shrugged and thought, "okay, fine, whatever."  2 days later she calls me and shouts, "Why haven't you called, IM'd, or talked to me?"  And I sheepishly replied, "Well, you're the one who said you never wanted to speak to me again, so I honored that."  How I'm still on good terms with this girl, I have no idea.)
« Last Edit: January 19, 2010, 02:34:07 PM by Dincrest » Logged

Next bike-a-thon: PD500 Rock 'n Roll ride (to benefit Parkinson's Disease) October 5, 2014
Tooker
RPGFan Editor

king_friday@hotmail.com PeopleJohnT bigfatusername@yahoo.com
View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2010, 10:56:57 AM »

after i posted this yesterday it occured to me that someone could be ignoring me due to some of my recent signature pics. and if thats the case it's probally best that i dont know who they are =P

I can't tell anything from the current one - they're just two people.

Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand.
—Kurt Vonnegut
Ithunn

Hmph.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: January 28, 2010, 10:23:11 PM »

I don't know really know how to respond to this, but my gut is saying that I don't see the worth in figuring out who has ignored you. I never even knew it was a feature, so perhaps their actions are deliberate from whatever basing. To each their own, however, I like seeing all the win, fail and spam - raises the bar for activity. (:
Alisha

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: February 01, 2010, 07:45:59 PM »

i didn't know it was a feature either until i saw a message saying a user was ignoring me when i went to change my avatar.

Pages: [1] 2 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: