Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 26, 2014, 01:56:59 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
We have a new board! Pop on over to the Game Journals section and tell us what you've been playing!
338453 Posts in 13855 Topics by 2215 Members
Latest Member: RPGtourguide
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Miscellaneous Games
| | |-+  Are you going to upgrade your DS/DSi to the DSi XL?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print
Author Topic: Are you going to upgrade your DS/DSi to the DSi XL?  (Read 5066 times)
Zool

View Profile

Ignore
« on: January 22, 2010, 05:03:07 PM »

What game will be worth a replay on the big screen? 

I will have another go at  Mario Kart & Fire Emblem DS
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2010, 05:25:07 PM »

From a DS I'd think it'd be a great idea, but from my DSi? Only if I can get one very, very conveniently, and even then it'd be only used at home.
Gen Eric Gui

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2010, 12:26:15 AM »

The LL is a downgrade from the DSi.  That huge fucking stylus has got to be a pain in the ass to hold.  If I could have my old standard DS stylus on my DSi it'd be the perfect handheld.
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2010, 01:31:48 AM »

The LL is a downgrade from the DSi.  That huge fucking stylus has got to be a pain in the ass to hold.

The huge stylus isn't the one that fits into the system, you still have one that slips into the system and is only marginally larger than the DSi stylus (which is about the size of the Lite's). Just as importantly though that looks to be the same size as the stylus you could get with Hori's DSi screen protectors, and I thought it worked just fine for the most part. Given how much bigger the XL's screen is I just can't imagine it being an actual problem.
Hidoshi
RPGFan's Open Source Field Agent

Built This House

clothothespinner@hotmail.com BrandingRune
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2010, 05:10:08 AM »

The LL is a downgrade from the DSi.  That huge fucking stylus has got to be a pain in the ass to hold.  If I could have my old standard DS stylus on my DSi it'd be the perfect handheld.

What Eusis said, and having used an LL, the pen is WAY easier to hold because it's a PEN.

Where the hell did your logic go?
Noobien
The Random Clueless Guy of The Forums

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2010, 05:11:10 AM »

I'm sticking to my DS lite. I'm too broke to upgrade anyway...

Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2010, 05:18:57 AM »

What Eusis said, and having used an LL, the pen is WAY easier to hold because it's a PEN.

To be fair here, I typically don't hold the DS stylus like I would a real pen most of the time, and there could be the fear of it obstructing the screen... though your own fingers will do more to obstruct the screen than most any stylus would.
Gen Eric Gui

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2010, 10:51:26 AM »

Because I don't hold my stylus like a pen, because it's a stylus and NOT a pen.
Tooker
RPGFan Editor

king_friday@hotmail.com PeopleJohnT bigfatusername@yahoo.com
View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2010, 11:27:29 AM »

My mother-in-law has a DS of some kind, and it's getting old and busted.  We'll probably get her one of the new behemoths.  Frankly, I think she's the target audience for this thing - not people my age or younger.

Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand.
—Kurt Vonnegut
Ryos
I can has demons?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2010, 12:06:18 PM »

Unless my DS dies, I won't bother.  Since this is Nintendo, they'll have a new, better DS revision out in 3 months anyway, at least going by their current release patterns.

It's never too late to start learning; it's always too early to stop learning.
Hidoshi
RPGFan's Open Source Field Agent

Built This House

clothothespinner@hotmail.com BrandingRune
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2010, 12:07:11 PM »

Because I don't hold my stylus like a pen, because it's a stylus and NOT a pen.

...Said LL pen is a PEN, so you would never hold it like a stylus and therefore it would not be uncomfortable. I suppose if you're a retard and tried holding a pen LIKE a stylus, then yes it would be rather painful, but who the hell is that stupid?
Fei

!?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2010, 02:50:50 PM »

I was going to wait for the XL, but I ended up getting a regular DSi.  I'm glad, because I was taking portability for granted.

The pen stylus I used for my original DS was pretty good, except I was anal about how 3rd party it looked (and was).

anal pen

If you re-spec your elduhz and own a Vita - http://twitter.com/BSNursery
Gen Eric Gui

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2010, 04:56:31 PM »

...Said LL pen is a PEN, so you would never hold it like a stylus and therefore it would not be uncomfortable. I suppose if you're a retard and tried holding a pen LIKE a stylus, then yes it would be rather painful, but who the hell is that stupid?

I guess some of us aren't bright enough to grasp that holding the pen-stylus like a pen results in your hand blocking most of the screen(and for many people, a good chunk of the top screen too), as opposed to holding a regular stylus like a stylus and being able to see the entire screen all at once.  But I mean, there couldn't possibly be anyone so fucking clueless as to forget that simple fact.  Not at all.
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2010, 05:51:50 PM »

The screen IS larger... but no, I don't agree with Mark but I don't think you necessarily have much to fear. Unless it's notably thicker than the Hori pen-stylus I can't imagine it seriously being uncomfortable, and like said you still get a regular stylus like the prior DS systems had. Failing all else... well, it's not like you CAN'T use the original DS stylus on it, but I think you and most anyone else would prefer the lite-style of stylus after trying it.
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2010, 01:37:33 AM »

You'll pry my GBA slot from my cold dead hands.

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: