Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 24, 2014, 05:46:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334755 Posts in 13709 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  To import or not to import? - Vesperia PS3
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Print
Author Topic: To import or not to import? - Vesperia PS3  (Read 9449 times)
Silverwolf X

私にする? 私にする? それとも、 わ.た.し?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: January 24, 2010, 04:39:12 AM »

Graces has serious bugs 2nd run onwards though, so hope they fixed them before localizing. :P
Saviour

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: January 24, 2010, 11:48:24 AM »

Yeah, if Vesperia doesn't come over here SCEA is likely not going to be who to blame.
I'm not blaming them, just simple fact of their PSP port policy of PSOne games. Ofcourse, it's meaningless now that PSOne classics are being released over PSN.  Vesperia PS3 is completely in Bandai Namco's hands.

Finished RPG Count: 90
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: January 25, 2010, 12:16:51 PM »

Thanks for all the replies.  I mostly agree with what Akanbe said, though I am concerned that if I do play through the Japanese version now I won't have enough time/interest to tackle the US release if it ever does come.

However, based on my experience with the demo the game is a very good candidate for non-native speakers like myself to attempt.  Almost everything is voiced so that supplements the text very nicely (it is a lot easier to look up kanji if you know how it's pronounced...) and it's possible to pause in the middle of conversations and still read everything.  It should be a fun project and very good practice for me, and even if I do give up on it in the middle there isn't any real harm done.

fates

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: January 28, 2010, 12:27:15 AM »

http://news.vgchartz.com/news.php?id=6767

Looks like importing is the only option after all.
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: January 28, 2010, 01:23:22 AM »

Well, I would hardly call that definitive.  You hear that kind of line out of a lot of companies and then they go back on it.  I think they said the same thing about Eternal Sonata, actually.  But at the very least we're probably not getting it anytime soon.

So yeah, I think I'll import it.

ULTROS!
People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: January 28, 2010, 04:45:12 AM »

So they simply said "no current plans"?

Well... http://kotaku.com/5012522/no-plans-for-us-ps3-eternal-sonata-release-at-the-moment

"I feel ugly, I need a hard drink" - Maribel of Dragon Quest VII

wildcard

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: February 05, 2010, 07:58:52 AM »

One of the few games I'd like to play...

Well, the same thing that I said a long time ago about an other game that was Xbox360 only still counts: I'm not buying an X360 for a handful of games. With enough patience a port will come. If not, I'll just switch consoles with my friends for a few months.

But I don't want to play on the X360 if I can avoid it. I tried playing DoA on it just a month ago at a friends place. I definitly sucked even thought I wasn't that bad in last DoA for PS2 :(
« Last Edit: February 05, 2010, 08:01:49 AM by wildcard » Logged
daschrier

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: February 05, 2010, 10:38:02 AM »

What do they have to lose by releasing it stateside? The majority of the text has already been translated...
Robert Boyd

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: February 05, 2010, 11:55:24 AM »

What do they have to lose by releasing it stateside? The majority of the text has already been translated...

A lot of money. In general, late ports tend to do very poorly in sales. Like, for example, Bioshock on the PS3 ended up selling a tiny fraction of what the 360 & PC versions sold and Bioshock was a lot more mainstream game than Tales of Vesperia is.

Silverwolf X

私にする? 私にする? それとも、 わ.た.し?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: February 06, 2010, 09:49:05 AM »

Bamco has confirmed they are not localizing it and its Japan only. feel free to send your hate mails.
WildArms
With my dying will...!

Come on, become a legend

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: February 06, 2010, 11:10:55 AM »

Bamco has confirmed they are not localizing it and its Japan only. feel free to send your hate mails.

DOKO DESUKA?! くそ

---WHERE YOU SAW THAT?! shit!

I will beat you with my evil strategy of my evil 1.8 million IQ

add me to psn! the more the merrier!
ULTROS!
People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: February 06, 2010, 12:07:48 PM »

Seriously? Did it come from that Gamepro article?

"I feel ugly, I need a hard drink" - Maribel of Dragon Quest VII

Marshmallow

OH NO OH NO OH NO

AuroMarshmallow
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: February 06, 2010, 03:30:15 PM »

I don't get the logic in not bringing this over, but we got Eternal Sonata, which was much less well-received. I've got the 360 version of Vesperia, but no 360 to play it on, and I'd rather be able to get all the new content while still getting the story on the PS3 version, since my Japanese isn't very good.

The worst part is how they could have easily put an english language track on the PS3 version. Possibly even english text, since the 360 Japanese version had an english option, but for some reason they omitted it for the PS3 version, which is on a larger storage medium. Fucking Namco.

WildArms
With my dying will...!

Come on, become a legend

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: February 06, 2010, 03:31:30 PM »

lets hope that is just blasphemy!

I will beat you with my evil strategy of my evil 1.8 million IQ

add me to psn! the more the merrier!
Ryos
I can has demons?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: February 06, 2010, 04:45:42 PM »

I don't get the logic in not bringing this over, but we got Eternal Sonata, which was much less well-received.

Well, until I see confirmation of the negative I'll reserve my vitriol, but in general Namco and logic generally don't go hand in hand.  It doesn't help any that the Tales series tends not to sell well over here for some reason (although I could have sworn Vesperia did pretty well).

It's never too late to start learning; it's always too early to stop learning.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: