Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 29, 2014, 12:48:05 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
327652 Posts in 13413 Topics by 2169 Members
Latest Member: KopeAcetic
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  How long do you play games a day?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Print
Author Topic: How long do you play games a day?  (Read 11218 times)
jello44

We have visitors!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: January 27, 2010, 02:32:30 AM »

The Cleveland Browns could kick your ass at counterstrike.

Well, at least they could kick someone's ass at something, because they sure as hell can't do it at football.

MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: January 27, 2010, 03:16:29 AM »

A football could kick The Cleveland Browns' ass at Counterstrike.

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

WildArms
With my dying will...!

Come on, become a legend

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: January 27, 2010, 10:49:35 AM »

reading this makes me feel like a hardcore drug addict since i play in the neighborhood of 5-8 hours a day. but back during my pso and final fantasy xi hayday sometimes i was pushing 12 hours a day especially in the days preceding the release of an expansion. and i expect to do the same when final fantasy xiv drops, however i tend to not play much on the weekend since thats when i do stuff with my girlfriend and/or watch browns/indians/cavs

I could do that when i was in school *sniff* darn college

I will beat you with my evil strategy of my evil 1.8 million IQ

add me to psn! the more the merrier!
GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

OK, options aren't SO bad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: January 27, 2010, 11:22:55 AM »

Maybe an hour to an hour and a half on weeknights after the wife and kid have gone to bed. I'll try and squeeze in an extra hour or two on the weekends, but am rarely successful. I'd say 10-12 hrs per week on average. Wish I could play more, but that whole work/family/LIFE thing gets in the way.

Playing:
Reading: Mistborn by Brandon Sanderson
MeshGearFox

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: January 27, 2010, 03:41:52 PM »

Okay what the hell. This is my education.

Highschool. 40 hours of class a week, because of eight hours of class per day five days a week.

College. 18 hours of class a week (unless you get special permission and then you can go up to 21, if they like you*). Less even distribution, but never more than six hours a day (and if you have six hours of class on some days, you probably only have three or four days of class a week or something).

Highschool. Homework was pretty much nightly. Reports were frequent.

College. Homework happens when the profs feel like assigning it. Reports aren't particularly common outside of like, history and english majors.

So seriously. I have far, far, far more free time now than I ever did in highschool. Did you all go to the easiest highschools on earth or something?

o/` I do not dream o/`

Ryos
I can has demons?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: January 27, 2010, 03:51:58 PM »

So seriously. I have far, far, far more free time now than I ever did in highschool. Did you all go to the easiest highschools on earth or something?

I haven't been to ye olde high school in quite some time, but with all the furlough days, I'd imagine that makes the video gaming possibilities much higher.  And then there's always the...under-performing high school track with career professional burger makers.  Not that there's anything wrong with those, mind you, I need my low-grade meal fixes every once in a while.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2010, 09:35:35 PM by Ryos » Logged

It's never too late to start learning; it's always too early to stop learning.
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: January 27, 2010, 05:20:44 PM »

Highschool. 40 hours of class a week, because of eight hours of class per day five days a week.

College. 18 hours of class a week (unless you get special permission and then you can go up to 21, if they like you*). Less even distribution, but never more than six hours a day (and if you have six hours of class on some days, you probably only have three or four days of class a week or something).

College. Homework happens when the profs feel like assigning it. Reports aren't particularly common outside of like, history and english majors.

My experience was the complete opposite.  There was lots of busywork in high school with daily assignments and the like, but the actual work was a breeze.  Heck, I could remember getting most of my homework done during the breaks between classes.

College on the other hand...true, I didn't spend as many hours actually in class.  But that means nothing.  I guess this is the difference between somebody doing liberal arts and somebody doing hard sciences or engineer, but the vast majority of my classes gave weekly problem sets and the problem sets were quite substantial.  They could easily take 10-15 hours each and I would usually have about 4 per week.

Yeah, I really could have 60 hours of homework in a week.  Then there were labs and things on top of that.  Plus I worked part time.  My last year was probably the worse...all of the above plus through in studying for GREs and grad school applications.  Well, I was double majoring and math and physics and taking 20 credits a semester...

I gave up gaming in college.  Completely.  I was a gamer before college and eventually picked it up again, but for four years other than an occasional bout of Smash Bros. at a friend's place I didn't even touch a controller.  No, five years really.  The first year of grad school was also pretty tough.  Similar class schedule plus I was teaching...

OK, my my experience wasn't typical.  But it doesn't seem weird to be busy in college to me.

Hidoshi
RPGFan's Open Source Field Agent

Built This House

clothothespinner@hotmail.com BrandingRune
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: January 27, 2010, 05:23:11 PM »

I PLAY UNTIL THE GAMES DIE.
Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: January 28, 2010, 08:21:31 AM »

I PLAY UNTIL THE GAMES DIE.

It ensaddens me whenever I remember that I can't play any of my old SuperNES carts until I either fix or replace my controllers. :(

You've misunderstood me. I just seek your death only because you're in the way of my goal of world conquest. I can't help it that I have evil ambitions and am named Dark Lord. Honest.
MeshGearFox

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: January 28, 2010, 09:57:36 AM »

Heck, I could remember getting most of my homework done during the breaks between classes.

What's funny is that I don't really remember doing homework that much junior or senior year. Also my thoughts on effort sort of changed after I sort of trolled the Laws of Life essay contest senior year and won a hundred dollars for it.

I also don't exactly remember spending sixty hours on a single oil painting junior year even though I know I did, though, so maybe my memory's just wonky.

o/` I do not dream o/`

WildArms
With my dying will...!

Come on, become a legend

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: January 28, 2010, 11:22:51 AM »

My highschool wasnt easy, but i could pass the tests without studying much in my house, just paying a lot of attention in class, as for homeworks.. i barely do them, good thing it just represents 10% of the notes. So i had a lot of free time in my house :D

And now.. in college..., well it actually depends in what are you studying (i think most of the ppl that went to college know that there are careers not as hard as others), and i know i picked the second hardest of my college (first one being phsicologist), and is telecomunications engineering.. and for a way to describe it, we a good part of what electronic and system engineeres see, with a plus of all the wireless comunications, so well, we have now around 6 classes, in high school i had 12, but hell, college is like the same multiblied by 3, and in school my mom or dad could take me, now i have to use subway and bus (i spent 1 hour to go, and 2 to get back to my house) and i spent from 7 am until 4-5 pm in the college, is like my house already (thanks god for handleds), so when im finally in my house, im tired as hell, i can barely see my ps3 shining there and besides, now i do have to study in my house :(

I will beat you with my evil strategy of my evil 1.8 million IQ

add me to psn! the more the merrier!
dalucifer0
시발놈

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: January 28, 2010, 08:29:29 PM »

I used to play about an hour or so on the weekdays or probably up to 5 on the weekends until I started attending college. Then I got other hobbies. I'm hoping FF13 will at least help a little bit to get me back into RPGs.
Ithunn

Hmph.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: January 28, 2010, 10:38:25 PM »

Depends on my weekly schedule. Past two weeks? None at all. Well, perhaps Halo - a couple Slayer rounds or not, but as far as RPGs? I won't touch them unless I know I can get in at least 4 hours. 4 hours of straight gaming. That at least lets me progress moderately in the game rather than inching.

Wild Armor
Observer

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: January 28, 2010, 10:47:37 PM »

One to two hours a night, if not less. I'm normally at college all day and hardly get enough free time. My gaming time is on the nintendo DS, so if there are good games afoot, then I'll still continue playing.

Reminds me, I need to finish Castlevania: Lament of Innocence .

Avatar Author's sig: Let me know if you know this author. :)
magusgs
Resident Otaku

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: January 28, 2010, 10:56:06 PM »

My highschool wasnt easy, but i could pass the tests without studying much in my house, just paying a lot of attention in class, as for homeworks.. i barely do them, good thing it just represents 10% of the notes. So i had a lot of free time in my house :D

And now.. in college..., well it actually depends in what are you studying (i think most of the ppl that went to college know that there are careers not as hard as others), and i know i picked the second hardest of my college (first one being phsicologist), and is telecomunications engineering.. and for a way to describe it, we a good part of what electronic and system engineeres see, with a plus of all the wireless comunications, so well, we have now around 6 classes, in high school i had 12, but hell, college is like the same multiblied by 3, and in school my mom or dad could take me, now i have to use subway and bus (i spent 1 hour to go, and 2 to get back to my house) and i spent from 7 am until 4-5 pm in the college, is like my house already (thanks god for handleds), so when im finally in my house, im tired as hell, i can barely see my ps3 shining there and besides, now i do have to study in my house :(

Well yeah, 3hrs of traveling kind of kills your day.  I lived on campus, so classes were never more than a 15min walk away.  Also, I was taking 15-16 credit hours per quarter, as I was in no rush to graduate (I entered with a significant amount of transfer credit, and since I wasn't paying the bills, there was no reason not to stay the full four years).  Also since my bills were covered, there was no need to get a side job.  As a science major I had some hard classes, but nothing too bad.  So yeah, undergraduate days were great.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2010, 09:33:32 PM by magusgs » Logged

The content of this post represents solely the opinion of the user, and is not guaranteed for accuracy, completeness, or usefulness.  Any facts potentially contained therein may have little or no basis in reality.  RPGFan shall not be held liable for fits of aggression or disgust inspired by the contents of this post.  Read at your own risk.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: