Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 22, 2014, 09:44:28 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
329452 Posts in 13498 Topics by 2179 Members
Latest Member: Lian_Kazairl
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  How long do you play games a day?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Print
Author Topic: How long do you play games a day?  (Read 11358 times)
Kaspian

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: January 30, 2010, 02:33:39 AM »

Usually only an hour or two per day lately.  I've been working on dialing it back a bit to focus on some other stuff. XD

Ryos
I can has demons?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: January 30, 2010, 11:11:07 PM »

(i think most of the ppl that went to college know that there are careers not as hard as others), and i know i picked the second hardest of my college (first one being phsicologist), and is telecomunications engineering..

Pfft, pros like me get degrees devalued by society and then get paid big bucks for crap they don't know. That's how the real world works, and that's why the real world is screwed up.  College is generally pretty easy regardless of which way you go as long as you don't do something silly like take classes in a subject you don't excel in.  In any case, you're probably doing something wrong if you're a full-time student, don't work, and don't have ample free time to follow through on any hobby.  Hell, I think I averaged 40 hours or so a week of WoW when I was pursuing my master's.  

It's never too late to start learning; it's always too early to stop learning.
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: January 31, 2010, 01:56:16 AM »

Depends on how busy I am with school, though I try and get an hour or so a day in.

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
(Tunnels)
Professional Thinger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: January 31, 2010, 02:54:40 AM »

Like most replys, depends on the day. On weekends that I don't work, I play games for stupid amounts of time, that is when I'm not with the bf or have homework. Most days I can probably squeeze 2-3 hours in if I procrastinate, but this quarter is fucking me in the eye so I can't play as much as I used. I play more than I should because currently I use games to relax, but of course this trend will slow down the later I get into the quarter.
CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: January 31, 2010, 01:18:08 PM »

From Monday to Friday the average is between 60 and 90 minutes. At weekends it might be more or none at all depending on what I'm doing.

Currently playing: Uncharted 3, Dark Souls, Team ICO Collection, Atelier Totori, Child of eden.
Prime Mover

All's fair in love, war, and the recording studio

Shattre
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: January 31, 2010, 03:21:18 PM »

has this topic turned into anything interesting, yet?

eelhouse.net
- order the new album

Currently Playing: Metroid Prime 2, Trails in the Sky, Bioshock: Infinite
Currently Listening to: Devin Townsend, Dream Theater
Watching: Star Trek: TOS, Slayers, Doctor Who (as usual)
Ryos
I can has demons?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: January 31, 2010, 04:48:14 PM »

So many lurid scandals have been mentioned (and in such vivid detail!) in this thread that I nearly thought we had ourselves the makings of an RPGFan tabloid.

It's never too late to start learning; it's always too early to stop learning.
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: January 31, 2010, 05:45:30 PM »

I used to play videogames a lot more but then one night I'm downstairs with a twenty dollar bill and a bottle of nutmeg.

Then my mom walks downstairs and she's like "What are you DOING?" and I'm like "Jesus christ I'm making a fucking sandwich go back to bed."

It's really hard to play anything when you're strung out on nutmeg.

* snoooooort *

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Dincrest
RPGFan Editor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #53 on: January 31, 2010, 05:48:32 PM »

Which only goes to show that we're more well-adjusted, responsible, and *gasp* NORMAL than expected.  Either that, or the addicts aren't responding because they're too busy playing games to waste time talking about them on teh Intarwebnet tubes.

Next bike-a-thon: PD500 Rock 'n Roll ride (to benefit Parkinson's Disease) October 5, 2014
Gen Eric Gui

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: January 31, 2010, 10:31:04 PM »

Apparently I've played Tatsunoko vs. Capcom for like 15 hours over the past 3 days.  And I haven't even gone online with it yet.
Alisha

Z0eila@hotmail.com Z0eila
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: February 01, 2010, 07:59:52 PM »

reading this makes me feel like a hardcore drug addict since i play in the neighborhood of 5-8 hours a day. but back during my pso and final fantasy xi hayday sometimes i was pushing 12 hours a day especially in the days preceding the release of an expansion. and i expect to do the same when final fantasy xiv drops, however i tend to not play much on the weekend since thats when i do stuff with my girlfriend and/or watch browns/indians/cavs

I envy being able to play that much. How do you manage that time? Do you not work?

i work 4 10 hour days a week. i just dont have much of a social life anymore because all my friends are married with children now

reading this makes me feel like a hardcore drug addict since i play in the neighborhood of 5-8 hours a day. but back during my pso and final fantasy xi hayday sometimes i was pushing 12 hours a day especially in the days preceding the release of an expansion. and i expect to do the same when final fantasy xiv drops, however i tend to not play much on the weekend since thats when i do stuff with my girlfriend and/or watch browns/indians/cavs

You must be a masochist if you enjoy watching the Browns. :P
your not the first person to suggest that and im not just referring to watching the browns either.

“Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from.”
magusgs
Resident Otaku

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: February 02, 2010, 09:39:54 PM »

Which only goes to show that we're more well-adjusted, responsible, and *gasp* NORMAL than expected.  Either that, or the addicts aren't responding because they're too busy playing games to waste time talking about them on teh Intarwebnet tubes.

So you're suggesting then that message board addicts are more normal than game addicts?

The content of this post represents solely the opinion of the user, and is not guaranteed for accuracy, completeness, or usefulness.  Any facts potentially contained therein may have little or no basis in reality.  RPGFan shall not be held liable for fits of aggression or disgust inspired by the contents of this post.  Read at your own risk.
Dincrest
RPGFan Editor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #57 on: February 02, 2010, 09:42:58 PM »

No, just that the truest game addicts probably wouldn't tear themselves away from their games long enough to rant about them on message boards. 

As far as addiction goes, it's heroin vs. methadone.

Next bike-a-thon: PD500 Rock 'n Roll ride (to benefit Parkinson's Disease) October 5, 2014
Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: February 04, 2010, 12:25:30 AM »

No, just that the truest game addicts probably wouldn't tear themselves away from their games long enough to rant about them on message boards. 

As far as addiction goes, it's heroin vs. methadone.

No, the truest game addicts died after playing WoW for the better part of a week without a single break.

You've misunderstood me. I just seek your death only because you're in the way of my goal of world conquest. I can't help it that I have evil ambitions and am named Dark Lord. Honest.
TurnBasedDude
Ys Man
Rainbow Club Member

hotshot562@hotmail.com Alcazard0 emmy_sols
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: February 04, 2010, 01:16:03 AM »

Or maybe in some cases that compared to everyone else's time, some might feel a little shameful or shy about making crazy boasts in comparison...

*whistles innocently*

Xbox Gamertag: Gig01
Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/Zapper101
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: