Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 30, 2016, 08:02:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Check out the latest RPG news!
248443 Posts in 7448 Topics by 2390 Members
Latest Member: maingauche
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  How long do you play games a day?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Print
Author Topic: How long do you play games a day?  (Read 18464 times)
wildcard

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: February 05, 2010, 07:57:29 AM »

During the week I play around 30-60 min on DS, as that is while I travel between my home and work.

Aside from that it depends entirely on my mood, other time-taking activities and the game.

I had a time where I easily played 6 hours a day AND almost all week-end. Now keeping my flat decently clean and having a full time job often keeps me away from it. Also, since I'm spending my whole 40 hs I work a week before the PC often does kill the mood for more time before a console.

Lately I've been playing less again, but when my sis comes for a week-long visit and brings AC2 over and I'm getting SO4 my time might raise drastically again. *shrugs* Or not.

I am however, rather playing games than watching TV. The only reason I HAVE a TV is for my consoles ;P
Fyle

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: June 18, 2012, 01:18:37 AM »

I play for about 4 hours on weeknights and anywhere from 7-10 on weekends that I don't go out.

4 is about the max i have time for weekdays or i'd push it to 5 or 6.

I was once a pick up artist like you until I took an RPG to the knee.
Alisha

Z0eila@hotmail.com Z0eila
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: June 18, 2012, 04:39:41 AM »

nybeth was here :P
« Last Edit: June 18, 2012, 05:58:43 AM by Alisha » Logged

“Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from.”
Klyde Chroma
LVL. 54 Optional-RPGFan-Character

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: June 18, 2012, 05:04:17 PM »

Well.... this is certainly an odd thread to see revived after so long..... is this a joke? Any-hoo, I'll play devils advocate and assist in madness of its revival simply because I have been a good gamer as of late :)

That is, for the last few years I couldn't manage more then an hour a day for games... until recently when I reviewed my daily routines and amended them to a-lot some gaming upon waking each day. Now I'm totally managing more like 2-3 hours a day and it kicks ass. It may not sound like much of an accomplishment to anyone else, but I'm a hyper-busy-body type... Gaming is akin to therapy for me as it really assists in focusing my brain in singular activities and helps me avoid falling prey to what I deem "adult onset ADHD" or more accurately "insanely hyper preoccupation with multi-tasking career and life stuff".... So TO ME this managing some extra gaming has been a big step...

... and yes, that is correct... you read that right... I just proceeded to justify gaming every morning by way of deeming it healthy cognitive exercise... and if ever I need contrive a better reason then that, you bet I will!!

In this world is the destiny of mankind controlled by some transcedental entity or law? is it like the hand of god hovering above? Perhaps Man has no control even over his own will…

Fyle

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: June 18, 2012, 06:12:26 PM »

I have a 2 hour commute and I play PsP on the train at least an hour of that time ... forgot all about that.

So with that included, closer to 6 hours a day. I don't really wanna play that long. some games are actually addictive. Especially online RPGs.

Many times when I'm winding down, a friend will log on and I'll push the play cession longer. little self control I guess.

Yoda
Fear is the Mind Killer

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: June 18, 2012, 09:23:58 PM »

2 hour commute? Fuuuuuuuccckkkk that.

MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: June 18, 2012, 09:37:04 PM »

I have a 45 minute commute and play sleep.

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

D-Rider
Former God of RPGFan
Rainbow Club Member

Dick

ChlamydiaBlues
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: June 18, 2012, 10:17:42 PM »

2 hour commute? Fuuuuuuuccckkkk that.

For real.  Times are hard, but they ain't that fucking hard. :P

Fyle

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: June 19, 2012, 12:30:03 AM »

it's not quite 2... maybe 1:40 or 1:30 but, in this country there are a lotta public holidays, the summer is off completely, I leave work at 4pm or earlier, the job is easy, I get full health insurance included so...

I'll trade all that for the commute. I applied to ones closer and I didn't get them so, I settled...

bottom line - less loot in D3 and less time to play other games I wanna sink time into

@(・●・)@

Yoda
Fear is the Mind Killer

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: June 19, 2012, 12:42:40 AM »

If that's 2 hours total I guess that's not bad, really. I took that as two hours each way, that's probably wrong.
Pmayo

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: June 20, 2012, 11:46:23 AM »

I dont think I ever really get a chance to game more then 2 hours a day. Mostly its more around 1, and often none at all. I often think that if I just stopped reading message boards all the time I would have a little more time to game!

Rumors about my snacks are false. They are not so hot you die of coughing
beLIEve?

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #71 on: June 21, 2012, 10:46:25 PM »

i feel like i've posted this before but...i work as a bike mechanic, in the summer months i get about 2-4 hours in after work if i'm up to it. in the winter months when i'm laid off and i play like it's a job and then some.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: