Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 03, 2014, 01:34:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
330205 Posts in 13529 Topics by 2179 Members
Latest Member: Lian_Kazairl
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  How long do you play games a day?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Print
Author Topic: How long do you play games a day?  (Read 11467 times)
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2010, 07:46:47 PM »

If I've got fuck all to do, usually a while.  Otherwise, always try to fit some in.
Sadly, I always find gaming a good cure for the blues, really takes you out of your head.  Gaming helped take my mind off my last break-up, when the "there's plenty of fish in the sea" argument doesn't help.

Then I go through periods where I am completely tapped out, and play absolutely nothing for a few weeks or more, and go out and enjoy hobbies/life.

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Dincrest
RPGFan Editor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: January 25, 2010, 07:51:36 PM »

Gaming helped take my mind off my last break-up, when the "there's plenty of fish in the sea" argument doesn't help.

Ugh, I hate that line.  Even though it's said with good intentions and is logically true, it doesn't make me feel any less like shit and failure after a breakup. 

Ahh gaming time... I'd say an hour and some change a day during the week.  A handful of hours each day on weekends, unless I have something else happening like a jam session, party, group bicycle ride, whatever.  I'm not in a relationship right now, but I balance gaming with work, other hobbies (cycling, music, reading), a social life, fitness (I like to work out twice a day on days I'm not working)...

Next bike-a-thon: PD500 Rock 'n Roll ride (to benefit Parkinson's Disease) October 5, 2014
kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 26, 2010, 11:03:33 AM »

Very little due to school work. If it's between semesters and I'm still working/being social, maybe 10-12. I've done way more, but I have to have next to nothing else on my plate. :P

NANOMACHINES, SON.
D-Rider
Former God of RPGFan
Rainbow Club Member

Solitary One

ChlamydiaBlues
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: January 26, 2010, 12:40:35 PM »

I can usually squeeze in two or three hours on a day I work.  If I feel like it, that is. :P

Kstar
Editor Emeritus

I Remember Everything

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: January 26, 2010, 01:25:16 PM »

I commute to work, so I'm always on a handheld for at least an hour and 1/2 those days.  Honestly, though, it depends on how addicted I get to a game.  For me, 2009 was kind of a subpar year for me with games.  Not much gave me that "can't put this game down" feeling.  I usually get an hour or two of console time a day though, mainly because I have this huge addiction to NHL 10 that has pretty much made my RPG backlog keep piling up. :-P

"We're all lying in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars" -Oscar Wilde

"To be a star, you must shine your own light, follow your own path, and don't worry about the darkness, for that is when the stars shine brightest."
Blace

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: January 26, 2010, 01:41:57 PM »

I commute to work, so I'm always on a handheld for at least an hour and 1/2 those days.  Honestly, though, it depends on how addicted I get to a game.  For me, 2009 was kind of a subpar year for me with games.  Not much gave me that "can't put this game down" feeling.  I usually get an hour or two of console time a day though, mainly because I have this huge addiction to NHL 10 that has pretty much made my RPG backlog keep piling up. :-P

I agree that 2009 was a downer year when compared to 2008/2007. Only Arkham Asylum, inFamous, Uncharted 2, Demon's Souls, and Dragon Age gave me that "Holy crap this game is awesome" feeling.

rpgfan

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: January 26, 2010, 02:11:44 PM »

I agree that 2009 was a downer year when compared to 2008/2007. Only Arkham Asylum, inFamous, Uncharted 2, Demon's Souls, and Dragon Age gave me that "Holy crap this game is awesome" feeling.

Haha, not going to lie, my friend got me into RPG's in 08 with FF3 on my DS. So I have a huge backlog in things I want to play.  But for some reason I'm currently replaying chrono trigger now, not sure why.  I should atleast start on FF9.
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: January 26, 2010, 02:14:36 PM »

I agree that 2009 was a downer

Yeah outside of videogames, 2009's really in strong running for being the shittiest year of the decade in general.

I did get some "Holy shit this is awesome!" feeling from a couple games I played last year, but only two of them were actually new games (DDS2 and Devil Survivor) and the crash bugs really sort of hamper my love for the latter.

STALKER 3's coming out this year, though. That alone makes me happy. And that new EU3 expansion sounds really good (I just need to figure out if it'll actually work with the IN version of the BlueMap fix).

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

WildArms
With my dying will...!

Come on, become a legend

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: January 26, 2010, 04:41:55 PM »

2-3 hours on weekdays if im not tired from college or have to story, in weekends, if i dont have to go out i can be all day playing, like 3 hours, take a little break of 20 min, keep playing, until im dead tired and sick of playing... ahh good times

I will beat you with my evil strategy of my evil 1.8 million IQ

add me to psn! the more the merrier!
Alisha

Z0eila@hotmail.com Z0eila
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: January 26, 2010, 07:17:08 PM »

reading this makes me feel like a hardcore drug addict since i play in the neighborhood of 5-8 hours a day. but back during my pso and final fantasy xi hayday sometimes i was pushing 12 hours a day especially in the days preceding the release of an expansion. and i expect to do the same when final fantasy xiv drops, however i tend to not play much on the weekend since thats when i do stuff with my girlfriend and/or watch browns/indians/cavs

“Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from.”
professor ganson

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: January 26, 2010, 08:25:58 PM »

45 mins to an hour a day, if all goes well.

Alfa System Forever
rpgfan

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: January 26, 2010, 08:32:32 PM »

reading this makes me feel like a hardcore drug addict since i play in the neighborhood of 5-8 hours a day. but back during my pso and final fantasy xi hayday sometimes i was pushing 12 hours a day especially in the days preceding the release of an expansion. and i expect to do the same when final fantasy xiv drops, however i tend to not play much on the weekend since thats when i do stuff with my girlfriend and/or watch browns/indians/cavs

I envy being able to play that much. How do you manage that time? Do you not work?
magusgs
Resident Otaku

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: January 26, 2010, 09:20:43 PM »

I play around 3-5hrs a day on weekdays, and around 10hrs a day on weekends, for a total of around 30-40hrs a week I'd estimate.  Other than web surfing and message boarding, gaming is all I really do in my free time.

Back in my undergraduate days I'd play MMOs for 8-10hrs a day.  It's pretty easy to do: go to class for 3-4 hrs, do whatever work has to be done immediately (maybe 1-2hrs), then game the rest of the day.  When exams came up that would eat up the weekend or the day before, but other than that, I never had more free time than in my undergrad days.  Even high school kept me busier.  I wish I could've been an undergrad forever.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2010, 09:26:31 PM by magusgs » Logged

The content of this post represents solely the opinion of the user, and is not guaranteed for accuracy, completeness, or usefulness.  Any facts potentially contained therein may have little or no basis in reality.  RPGFan shall not be held liable for fits of aggression or disgust inspired by the contents of this post.  Read at your own risk.
jello44

We have visitors!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: January 27, 2010, 01:24:08 AM »

You must be a masochist if you enjoy watching the Browns. :P

MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: January 27, 2010, 02:02:26 AM »

The Cleveland Browns could kick your ass at counterstrike.

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: