Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 25, 2014, 04:05:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334803 Posts in 13711 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  How long do you play games a day?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Print
Author Topic: How long do you play games a day?  (Read 11835 times)
wildcard

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: February 05, 2010, 07:57:29 AM »

During the week I play around 30-60 min on DS, as that is while I travel between my home and work.

Aside from that it depends entirely on my mood, other time-taking activities and the game.

I had a time where I easily played 6 hours a day AND almost all week-end. Now keeping my flat decently clean and having a full time job often keeps me away from it. Also, since I'm spending my whole 40 hs I work a week before the PC often does kill the mood for more time before a console.

Lately I've been playing less again, but when my sis comes for a week-long visit and brings AC2 over and I'm getting SO4 my time might raise drastically again. *shrugs* Or not.

I am however, rather playing games than watching TV. The only reason I HAVE a TV is for my consoles ;P
Fyle

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: June 18, 2012, 01:18:37 AM »

I play for about 4 hours on weeknights and anywhere from 7-10 on weekends that I don't go out.

4 is about the max i have time for weekdays or i'd push it to 5 or 6.

I was once a pick up artist like you until I took an RPG to the knee.
Alisha

Z0eila@hotmail.com Z0eila
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: June 18, 2012, 04:39:41 AM »

nybeth was here :P
« Last Edit: June 18, 2012, 05:58:43 AM by Alisha » Logged

“Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from.”
Klyde Chroma
Lvl. 7 Fruity Ninja and Dincrest groupie

If Hitler was an introvert, he'd be me.

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: June 18, 2012, 05:04:17 PM »

Well.... this is certainly an odd thread to see revived after so long..... is this a joke? Any-hoo, I'll play devils advocate and assist in madness of its revival simply because I have been a good gamer as of late :)

That is, for the last few years I couldn't manage more then an hour a day for games... until recently when I reviewed my daily routines and amended them to a-lot some gaming upon waking each day. Now I'm totally managing more like 2-3 hours a day and it kicks ass. It may not sound like much of an accomplishment to anyone else, but I'm a hyper-busy-body type... Gaming is akin to therapy for me as it really assists in focusing my brain in singular activities and helps me avoid falling prey to what I deem "adult onset ADHD" or more accurately "insanely hyper preoccupation with multi-tasking career and life stuff".... So TO ME this managing some extra gaming has been a big step...

... and yes, that is correct... you read that right... I just proceeded to justify gaming every morning by way of deeming it healthy cognitive exercise... and if ever I need contrive a better reason then that, you bet I will!!

Klyde Chroma / XBox Live Network
Triscal-Goddess / PSN
 Remember, DON'T do drugs... an owl will tear your face off.
Fyle

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: June 18, 2012, 06:12:26 PM »

I have a 2 hour commute and I play PsP on the train at least an hour of that time ... forgot all about that.

So with that included, closer to 6 hours a day. I don't really wanna play that long. some games are actually addictive. Especially online RPGs.

Many times when I'm winding down, a friend will log on and I'll push the play cession longer. little self control I guess.

Yoda
Son of Dad

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: June 18, 2012, 09:23:58 PM »

2 hour commute? Fuuuuuuuccckkkk that.

MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: June 18, 2012, 09:37:04 PM »

I have a 45 minute commute and play sleep.

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

D-Rider
Former God of RPGFan
Rainbow Club Member

Solitary One

ChlamydiaBlues
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: June 18, 2012, 10:17:42 PM »

2 hour commute? Fuuuuuuuccckkkk that.

For real.  Times are hard, but they ain't that fucking hard. :P

Fyle

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: June 19, 2012, 12:30:03 AM »

it's not quite 2... maybe 1:40 or 1:30 but, in this country there are a lotta public holidays, the summer is off completely, I leave work at 4pm or earlier, the job is easy, I get full health insurance included so...

I'll trade all that for the commute. I applied to ones closer and I didn't get them so, I settled...

bottom line - less loot in D3 and less time to play other games I wanna sink time into

@(・●・)@

Yoda
Son of Dad

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: June 19, 2012, 12:42:40 AM »

If that's 2 hours total I guess that's not bad, really. I took that as two hours each way, that's probably wrong.
Pmayo

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: June 20, 2012, 11:46:23 AM »

I dont think I ever really get a chance to game more then 2 hours a day. Mostly its more around 1, and often none at all. I often think that if I just stopped reading message boards all the time I would have a little more time to game!

Rumors about my snacks are false. They are not so hot you die of coughing
beLIEve?

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #71 on: June 21, 2012, 10:46:25 PM »

i feel like i've posted this before but...i work as a bike mechanic, in the summer months i get about 2-4 hours in after work if i'm up to it. in the winter months when i'm laid off and i play like it's a job and then some.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: