Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 21, 2014, 10:33:19 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Congratulations to Andrew Barker! RPGfan Editor of the Year and now Chief News Editor!
341214 Posts in 13945 Topics by 2222 Members
Latest Member: XanTehMan
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Anime, TV, and Movies
| | |-+  Superman Returns
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Superman Returns  (Read 5311 times)
JetEnduro

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: July 05, 2006, 02:03:16 AM »

I loved this movie!!It was my first Superman movie though.I think I'll rent the first two. Anyways, I see a lot of people not liking Kate but I thought she did a decent job. My only complaint with the movie is... Not enough Parker Posey!!
Dade
Rainbow Club Member

D-Rider's Pacific NW Counterpart

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: July 05, 2006, 03:20:04 AM »

Quote from: "JetEnduro"
I loved this movie!!It was my first Superman movie though.I think I'll rent the first two. Anyways, I see a lot of people not liking Kate but I thought she did a decent job. My only complaint with the movie is... Not enough Parker Posey!!

Parker Posey has been playing the same damned character since 1997. She's NOT talented, and neither is Kate Bosworth.

Twitter: (at)toddjaynes
XBL: ToddJameson
PSN: toddjameson
Steam: DadeMcLaren

Playing: ACIV: Black Flag (surprisingly awesome!), XCOM: Enemy Within, The Last of Us (finally).
"Resident Evil 6 is a Michael Bay movie." ~Jim Sterling
Merkava

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: July 05, 2006, 08:00:47 PM »

She was really interesting on Boston Legal, but that show seems to be where actors who everyone thinks suck go to be awesome. That was the first I saw of her, though, so I'm not really that knowledgable about her.
Dade
Rainbow Club Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: July 05, 2006, 08:13:23 PM »

She's one of those actors/actresses that have a name people like to toss out and show off their knowledge of movie trivia. She's done some great films, but she's no fucking Oscar winner or anything.

As for Superman....I went and saw the movie again. After my excitement over watching it the first time subsided i am seeing a lot more problems with it. I still love it, dont get me wrong, but it definately has its faults. Oh well....not like any of the Superman movies have been THAT good or anything. I am bummed that Legendary Pictures/DC/etc. didnt do as good a job with it as they did with Batman: Begins.

Playing: ACIV: Black Flag (surprisingly awesome!), XCOM: Enemy Within, The Last of Us (finally).
Merkava

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: July 06, 2006, 12:18:01 AM »

Yeah, but they didn't have the director of Memento this time. ;D
Dade
Rainbow Club Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: July 06, 2006, 12:33:22 AM »

Yeah....they have the director of the Usual Fucking Suspects....by far a better movie.

JetEnduro

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: July 08, 2006, 06:09:19 PM »

Quote from: "Dade"
Quote from: "JetEnduro"

Parker Posey has been playing the same damned character since 1997. She's NOT talented, and neither is Kate Bosworth.

Well regardless I still love her work :)
Degolas

sickforbrains200@yahoo.co.uk sickforbrains200@yahoo.co.uk
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: July 22, 2006, 03:31:00 PM »

Just saw it. To be honest, I thought it was a little underwhelming, after all the praise it's received. I thought it was OK, fairly entertaining, but something just felt lacking.

Of course, having a whole bunch of retarded children all over the cinema being cocks didn't help.

Is it me, or
Code:
did the aeroplane thing just seem like a grander version of Spiderman stopping the train in Spiderman 2? It exactly the same thing, just with a plane on fire.

Also
Code:
I thought the whole Superman's kid plotline was really crap and predictable.

Spacey was great though.

I had a stupid dream
that I could change things.

Check out my YouTube videos!: http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=Degolas
Jimmy

Wakens the Ferine Strain

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: July 22, 2006, 04:40:43 PM »

Well Deg, the train sequence in Spiderman 2 was likely an allusion/homage to Superman who has been known to stop trains pretty frequently in the comics and animated series. It's pretty obvious when Spidey first tries to stop the train by planting his feet on the tracks which is how Superman tends to stop them. But it keeps that whole "You're not Superman" thing going by showing Spidey is capable of stopping a train, just not by brute strength alone. There is another train-stopping allusion to Superman that is blatantly obvious near the beginning of The Incredibles.
Degolas

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: July 22, 2006, 06:29:45 PM »

That tells me then :P

I had a stupid dream

ZE GRAND MASTER

Don't Make Me "Self-Defense" You

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: July 24, 2006, 04:08:02 PM »

Quote from: "Dave"

Routh reminded me of Reeve a bit in some parts; in others, not so much. But that's a very good thing!

Anyone think that from certain angles, Brandon Routh as Superman looks exactly like John Barrowman as Captain Jack from Doctor Who? Provided of course that any of you have seen the Christopher Eccleston series...
Degolas

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: July 24, 2006, 05:05:56 PM »

I can see Captain Jack in him, now that you mention it. (And the Eccleston series was far superior to the Tennant season).

Ever so slightly more on topic, I'd personally take Memento and Insomnia over The Usual Suspects, as much as I did like the film.

I think the problem I had with Superman Returns was that it felt kind of empty. The plot was really straightforward, revealed really simplistically, and with twists or turns. It just happened, and it wasn't that exciting a devious plan to begin with. The more I think about it, the more I wonder how they filled 150-odd minutes.

I had a stupid dream

Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: