Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 21, 2014, 10:06:03 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
329322 Posts in 13490 Topics by 2179 Members
Latest Member: Lian_Kazairl
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Resonance of Fate Topic
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 20 Print
Author Topic: Resonance of Fate Topic  (Read 42137 times)
Akira
The Renegade of this Atomic Age

jonnybfbi
View Profile

Ignore
« on: January 30, 2010, 12:41:12 PM »

'Tis out in Japan. Been playin' and lovin' it for a spell now.

When the crap is it to be released in the west? IGN, Wikipedia, and Amazon all have separate release dates. If it is really coming in March than I feel for the wives of Sega's marketing team 'cause those dudes must have some serious stones to go up against FFXIII and God of War III.

An official impressions piece should be up soon. Review will be sometime in February. So far this looks like it could be way more fun than FFXIII. Sure, it ain't as pretty nor can the story compete, but the action is sick and with so many gun accessories and costumes (that carry over into story scenes) plus a fantastic overworld, RoF may be the great JRPG savior prophesized to bring balance to the force.

Oh, and I've also been rocking Valkyria Chronicles 2 on the subways, in case anyone has questions about that. Also pretty sweet so far.

"You must defeat my Dragon Punch to stand a chance."
Parn

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2010, 12:53:14 PM »

I think the gamble is that gamers will come in, see the game alongside FFXIII, and will consider picking it up at the same time they're picking up that game.  That's the only logical conclusion I can come up.
CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2010, 01:06:08 PM »

I'll get it eventually, I enjoyed the demo and everything else besides the battles seems pretty good too. I wont be able to afford it in March though because of the games you mentioned. Maybe in May.

Currently playing: Uncharted 3, Dark Souls, Team ICO Collection, Atelier Totori, Child of eden.
Dios GX
Banninated

dios@hidoshi.com GSaviourPrime
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2010, 01:07:47 PM »

I think the gamble is that gamers will come in, see the game alongside FFXIII, and will consider picking it up at the same time they're picking up that game.  That's the only logical conclusion I can come up.
Or be like me and drool at them through the windowpane like an orphaned child in 17th century london. Oh, the bread smells so wonderful mister. Can ya spare a sixpence for'in then?

Naw my life rocks I ain't bitching. I end up getting games like this 3 years later on ebay for $10. Thrifty times bitches.
ULTROS!
People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Contributing Editor

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2010, 02:03:05 PM »

Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vobp1r1BAzY

"I feel ugly, I need a hard drink" - Maribel of Dragon Quest VII

Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2010, 02:59:57 PM »

When the crap is it to be released in the west? IGN, Wikipedia, and Amazon all have separate release dates.

Unless the sites just released a news story about when the games are coming out I'd trust the people who are actually going to sell them over sites who probably put release date updates as a low priority... or a place like Wikipedia where they're possibly arguing over the date anyway. Sega's own site isn't much help either, they only list a vague "Spring 2010" and they utterly fucked up Alpha Protocol's release date.

I think the gamble is that gamers will come in, see the game alongside FFXIII, and will consider picking it up at the same time they're picking up that game.  That's the only logical conclusion I can come up.

This, however, still seems to be their Yakuza 3 strategy.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2010, 05:59:32 PM by Eusis » Logged
Jade

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2010, 04:54:26 PM »

Which version are you playing? I believe the PS3 version runs a little better, but thank god nothing noticeable.
bigdeath

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2010, 05:52:22 PM »

Or be like me and drool at them through the windowpane like an orphaned child in 17th century london. Oh, the bread smells so wonderful mister. Can ya spare a sixpence for'in then?

Naw my life rocks I ain't bitching. I end up getting games like this 3 years later on ebay for $10. Thrifty times bitches.

LOL, I'm the same way. Can't wait to get Resonance of Fate. Going to be quite a while for me, though. Sad.
Akira
The Renegade of this Atomic Age

jonnybfbi
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2010, 06:29:09 PM »

PS3 version.

And let me tell you, this game is a fashion-lover's wet dream. The degree of costume customization from clothing stores and random treasures is ridiculous.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2010, 07:27:39 AM by Akira » Logged

"You must defeat my Dragon Punch to stand a chance."
bigdeath

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2010, 09:52:05 PM »

Looking forward to your review Akira. I'm sure this game is not perfect but it just looks so irresistible fun.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2uSKzGBu9Lo&feature=channel

That vid makes combat look so exciting. Ridiculous but still amazing.
ShadowLaguna

Rattle your goddamn head!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2010, 11:03:23 PM »

The demo was interesting enough, so I'll probably purchase it sometime around the time it comes out. And it'll probably be the PS3 version. I just hope it's better than Infinite Undiscovery and Star Ocean 4.

Oh, and I've also been rocking Valkyria Chronicles 2 on the subways, in case anyone has questions about that. Also pretty sweet so far.

I am very jealous of you right now. D:

Wii Number - 1981 9892 1002 5530
bigdeath

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2010, 11:21:14 PM »

I just hope it's better than Infinite Undiscovery and Star Ocean 4.

Thats setting the bar rather low, no? ;)
Dizzy

死ぬがよい

awe.of.she.1@gmail.com
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2010, 03:15:25 AM »

PS3 version.

And let me tell you, this game is a fashion-lover's wet dream. The degree of costume customization from clothing stores and random treasures is ridiculous. Outfits carry over into story sequences too.

That's exactly what I'm looking forward to. I am a sucker for games with alternate outfits and accessories.

ShadowLaguna

Rattle your goddamn head!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2010, 07:14:28 AM »

I just hope it's better than Infinite Undiscovery and Star Ocean 4.

Thats setting the bar rather low, no? ;)

Touché.

Wii Number - 1981 9892 1002 5530
wildcard

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2010, 07:43:29 AM »

Amazon has the EU release date on 26th march.
It's... 70 EUR?!
WTF?
I'm not willing to spend that much money on FF13 and I sure as heck won't spend it n Resonance - especially since I haven't found and read a review yet. -.-

Guess I'll stick to SO4 International (yes *rolls eyes* I have been warned about it) and Heavy Rain until the price drops, I can get it used or borrow it from a friend.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 20 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: