Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 19, 2014, 11:38:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Congratulations to Andrew Barker! RPGfan Editor of the Year and now Chief News Editor!
340939 Posts in 13934 Topics by 2222 Members
Latest Member: XanTehMan
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Resonance of Fate Topic
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 20 Print
Author Topic: Resonance of Fate Topic  (Read 44620 times)
WildArms
With my dying will...!

Come on, become a legend

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: February 07, 2010, 06:25:14 PM »

Constant panty shots make Epic game?

That depends on the heroine

I will beat you with my evil strategy of my evil 1.8 million IQ

add me to psn! the more the merrier!
CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: February 07, 2010, 06:32:18 PM »

I really hope it's good, most jrpgs have been disappointing, WKC, SO4, at this rate FFXIII will be the only decent jrpg hitting the west this year. I'm glad Akira is enjoying the game. Also, I'm really tired of the wrpg vs jrpg thing. I want them to stay different, as different as possible, after playing something like DAO I want to have the option of going for something completely different. They complement each other.

Currently playing: Uncharted 3, Dark Souls, Team ICO Collection, Atelier Totori, Child of eden.
CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: February 07, 2010, 06:33:27 PM »

Constant panty shots make Epic game?

That depends on the heroine

LOL you win! Reanbell is pretty cute. BTW, are those 3 the only playable characters?

Currently playing: Uncharted 3, Dark Souls, Team ICO Collection, Atelier Totori, Child of eden.
Prime Mover

All's fair in love, war, and the recording studio

Shattre
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: February 07, 2010, 08:46:40 PM »

I'm down... but it's a little weird. I've come to loath Tri-Ace so much over the years, it's going to be hard for me to accept the possibility of them actually making a good game. The only titles I liked from them (and didn't "LOVE" but enjoyed) were Valkyrie Profile 1 and Star Ocean 2. I hated SO3, took a lot of issue with VP2, and didn't bother playing SO4 or ID simply because of terrible impressions + my prior feelings on the developers. But, I'm willing to set that aside, RoF looks to be a good title, even if the name is still kinda silly (both of them). I'm slowly working through my cue of good games, but man, is it great to have good titles coming out once again!

Great year for games, great year for RPGs.

eelhouse.net
- order the new album

Currently Playing: Metroid Prime 2, Trails in the Sky, Bioshock: Infinite
Currently Listening to: Devin Townsend, Dream Theater
Watching: Star Trek: TOS, Slayers, Doctor Who (as usual)
bigdeath

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: February 07, 2010, 09:56:06 PM »

Ever since Valkyrie profile 2 I have craved a similar game and End of Eternity (I think this name sounds cooler) combat system looks similar except instead of a sword and sorcery fantasy setting we get an sci-fi gun-fu epic. I NEED this game.....NOW.
Akira
The Renegade of this Atomic Age

jonnybfbi
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: February 07, 2010, 10:32:41 PM »

To answer an earlier question, yes there seem to be only three playable characters.

Can't say what the score will be but it could beat FFXIII. Certainly has more replay value; I heard there are almost ten difficulty levels, starting with normal to hard to advance to professional to hurt me plenty and so on and so forth. And 'normal' is no cakewalk. There's also a battle arena, NG+, bonus dungeons, hidden bosses, and missions galore. Great attention to detail too, like depending on which character you move around with as the avatar, NPC's will say different things, you'll find different treasures, hidden stashes belonging to the protagonists, etc. Not to mention the overworld map / psychotic OCD puzzle game is rewarding and deep. Just a ton of shit to do and get lost in.

It'll come down to the story in the end. So far the main plot is mature but very vague. I have a dark feeling that it could end up being very cheesy. Being divided into chapters actually helps it. Several of the chapters (particularly in the beginning) are stand-alone adventures not directly related to the main story. Just random adventures of three mercenaries, sort of like Cowboy Bebop. Lots of corny anime humor (see Vashyron dance). I dig it.

Outfits don't affect combat, but they will drain your money like CRAZY. I've spent $400,000 just on clothes. It's disgusting how easily you can get caught up in the fashion. Every time I start playing I spend 20 minutes matching jackets for Vashyron's pants or seeing which tops go well with Reanbell's accessories and boots. It feels kind of gay but in a good way. Reanbell's panties should help you stay on the straight and narrow if it worries you, though.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2010, 10:36:03 PM by Akira » Logged

"You must defeat my Dragon Punch to stand a chance."
bigdeath

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: February 07, 2010, 10:53:46 PM »

Wait, you can pick out what panties the girl wears? O.o
WildArms
With my dying will...!

Come on, become a legend

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: February 07, 2010, 11:04:48 PM »

Darn, the only thing i dislike when the stories are divided in chapters is that, i know it will end soon, or when im in chapter 5, or in chapter 10 -.-, i dont like to have so direct that im about to beat the game

I will beat you with my evil strategy of my evil 1.8 million IQ

add me to psn! the more the merrier!
Spoony Mage
I aim to misbehave.

I also aim to please and shoot to kill.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: February 08, 2010, 02:11:51 AM »

Suuure, give me more reasons to pick up a PS3.  Not that I wasn't going to buy one eventually and RoF along with it, but this is really making me crave it sooner.

Support Silent Protagonists!
At least SOMEONE knows when to shut up!
ULTROS!
People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: February 08, 2010, 03:47:58 AM »

If you finish the game, can you tell us if this game would have a Seraphic Gate/Cave of Trials like what majority of tri-Ace games have? :P

"I feel ugly, I need a hard drink" - Maribel of Dragon Quest VII

CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: February 08, 2010, 06:51:52 AM »

Suuure, give me more reasons to pick up a PS3.  Not that I wasn't going to buy one eventually and RoF along with it, but this is really making me crave it sooner.

I don't think it's a PS3 exclusive. Or are you saying that you don't have a HD console yet? Is there a release date for europe? I'm not sure if that March date is US only. March will be fucking insane, I can't buy all those games on release, it's just too damn expensive.

Akira
The Renegade of this Atomic Age

jonnybfbi
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: February 08, 2010, 08:06:22 AM »

RoF is on 360 and PS3. No big differences according to what I've seen online. I know there is a bonus dungeon that unlocks when you get to the last boss but I haven't seen Ethereal Queen or Gabriel in any videos yet. I'd be shocked if they aren't in the game.

Reanbell's undies are determined by what skirt you give her, starting around chapter seven. The fan-service one with the white panties costs $200,000, while the other skirts have her in what I think are called bloomers. Some also use stockings. Yes, I've investigated the issue. Don't judge me.

Probably I haven't seen nearly all of the clothing yet.

"You must defeat my Dragon Punch to stand a chance."
CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: February 08, 2010, 09:01:12 AM »

RoF is on 360 and PS3. No big differences according to what I've seen online. I know there is a bonus dungeon that unlocks when you get to the last boss but I haven't seen Ethereal Queen or Gabriel in any videos yet. I'd be shocked if they aren't in the game.

Reanbell's undies are determined by what skirt you give her, starting around chapter seven. The fan-service one with the white panties costs $200,000, while the other skirts have her in what I think are called bloomers. Some also use stockings. Yes, I've investigated the issue. Don't judge me.

Probably I haven't seen nearly all of the clothing yet.

So, no dental floss? Or maybe that's the very last item you can unlock...

Dizzy

死ぬがよい

awe.of.she.1@gmail.com
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: February 08, 2010, 09:08:36 AM »

I'd have no right to judge you. I buy Idomaster and Dream C Club DLC afterall... :P

In any case, the more you talk about clothing customization, the more interested I get. Also looking forward to any hairstyles and accessories the game might have to offer. The game could end up with a completely crappy story and I'd probably end up loving it for the design customization alone. Not that I'd ever get a Tri-Ace game for it's story, nor do I even give a shit about story anymore. That's just a bonus to me, if it turns out to be good. Fun gameplay, nice presentation, and good music is all I really care for.

mjrpgfan

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: February 08, 2010, 11:57:05 AM »

I enjoyed the demo and I'm very excited about this game.  It looks more fun and challenging than FF13 for sure.  Sega will probably delay the release date to avoid FF13 though.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 20 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: