Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 16, 2014, 05:28:36 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Subject: Persona 3: FES
Prize: $20 eShop, PSN or Steam code
Date: 3rd October 2014 Time: 16:00 EST
331351 Posts in 13571 Topics by 2191 Members
Latest Member: Zaltys
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Resonance of Fate Topic
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 20 Print
Author Topic: Resonance of Fate Topic  (Read 42670 times)
Madoka

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #150 on: April 05, 2010, 02:20:39 PM »

Just finished FF XIII and fired this up. Just got through the tutorials in the arena. The game so far gives me a Valkyrie Profile: Silmeria feel, both when in the City and on the battlefield. After FF XIII, I had a hard time stopping myself from acting right away when a battle started.

So far the battles in the tutorials have been fun. I like how your characters talk smack while flying in the air (I assume it's smack as I'm playing with the Japanese soundtrack). Looking forward to trying a real battle. There seems to be a ton of info on the screen. I see why people have stated that there's a learning curve to this game, but I remember one in Silmeria as well.
citizenchris099

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #151 on: April 06, 2010, 01:24:09 PM »

Just finished FF XIII and fired this up. Just got through the tutorials in the arena. The game so far gives me a Valkyrie Profile: Silmeria feel, both when in the City and on the battlefield. After FF XIII, I had a hard time stopping myself from acting right away when a battle started.

So far the battles in the tutorials have been fun. I like how your characters talk smack while flying in the air (I assume it's smack as I'm playing with the Japanese soundtrack). Looking forward to trying a real battle. There seems to be a ton of info on the screen. I see why people have stated that there's a learning curve to this game, but I remember one in Silmeria as well.

I completely agree with you. Just like w/VP2 RoF seems to be one of those games people either "get" or Hate. My friends come over and pop in these games and some love them like me and others are just like "wtf is this".
When talking about games like this I think its important to point this "get it or hate it quality" out as often times these games get pigeon holed as obtuse or whatever and maybe people who might otherwise love them will pass based on some short sighted review.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2010, 01:33:22 PM by citizenchris099 » Logged

--
Chris

----------------------------------------------------------------------
"Everything that happens will happen today
and nothing has changed, but nothing's the same
and every tomorrow could be yesterday
and everything that happens will happen today"

-David Byrne
bigdeath

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #152 on: April 06, 2010, 05:47:11 PM »

I've waited years for a similar game to my love, Valkyrie Profile: Silmeria and it has finally come. Resonance of Fate's battle system is without a doubt based of VP2 and I love it.
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #153 on: April 06, 2010, 06:36:43 PM »

Another fun fact: use "Clairvoyance" on your characters each chapter (preferably when enemies aren't around...)

They're kind of funny. For example, in the chapter you meet Barbarella...
Code:
Vash is steamy for Barbarella, Zeph is terrified of Barbarella, and Leanne "think her soil is fine, thank you!"

Mmmm, Chapter 8 and 3.1 million Rubies/Pesos/Dollars... and enemies can still ruin my day...

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Madoka

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #154 on: April 14, 2010, 02:04:36 AM »

Ok, I have a few questions about the Tri-Attack. When the attack starts, I'm having so much fun shooting everything that I can't spot the nuances.

I know your characters run along a triangle that you set up by your character placement. Do the Resonance Points dictate how many sides of the triangle your characters run? And does the length of the side then dictate, in essence, how many potential attacks and their potential charges? Sometimes one side of my triangle is really short, and I'm wondering if that's hindering my characters.

Thanks.
Dice
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #155 on: April 14, 2010, 09:21:58 AM »

1 Resonance point means you run to first base (baseball style) while 3rd character goes home (to where you were)
2 Resonance means you run second base, while the 3rd character runs to first base.
Just think of it like baseball.

You can get every character to jump, by the way, its not restricted to the one character you let start the tri-attack.
Which works, because it seems some enemies are only effected if you hit a part near the top of the body.  This can also work to letting you pull off a few more gun charges.  Run to the very end of the anchor, and *jump* just before you get to the end and the gun will charge a whole lot more.  Its harder to time during a tri-attack, since you working with three anchors at once, but you can pull off a shit load of damage

Madoka

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #156 on: April 20, 2010, 11:55:43 PM »

Now that I'm finally getting the hang of the battle system, I'm having a blast. Much like Silmeria, I'm finding, for me anyways, that there is quite a learning curve to this game, but the rewards are worth it.

I didn't think I'd really care about the boutique, but the fact that all the clothes show up everywhere (menus, cut scenes, victory poses) makes it much more interesting. I love that there are maid caps and cat ears for Leanne! Moe!

I also must be a total idiot, but I have another question. Say Vash does 1000 of scratch damage, then Leanne comes and does 100 of direct damage, converting it, do they both get 1000 exp for machine guns and 100 exp for handguns?
Dice
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #157 on: April 21, 2010, 03:09:05 PM »

Now that I'm finally getting the hang of the battle system, I'm having a blast. Much like Silmeria, I'm finding, for me anyways, that there is quite a learning curve to this game, but the rewards are worth it.

I didn't think I'd really care about the boutique, but the fact that all the clothes show up everywhere (menus, cut scenes, victory poses) makes it much more interesting. I love that there are maid caps and cat ears for Leanne! Moe!

I also must be a total idiot, but I have another question. Say Vash does 1000 of scratch damage, then Leanne comes and does 100 of direct damage, converting it, do they both get 1000 exp for machine guns and 100 exp for handguns?

Its only the person using the weapon.  You gotta switch em up all the time to get the benefits.  And, worst case scenerio, use the neglected throwing-weapons.  You rarely find use for them, so its likely you wont level em up

Madoka

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #158 on: April 25, 2010, 08:44:10 PM »

Holy Shit! I just got to level 23 in one of my weapons, and now it takes 200K exp for the next level.

And what the hell; there's a skirt for 198K? I can buy a gun with that. Actually I did buy a gun with that instead of that skirt.3
« Last Edit: April 25, 2010, 08:46:38 PM by Madoka » Logged
daschrier

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #159 on: April 26, 2010, 09:02:27 AM »

Just started this up and believe I did all the missions in the prologue. Took me a long time to complete the arena...I was so confused with the tri-attacks and such. So many things going on in battle it'll take some getting used to.
Dice
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #160 on: April 26, 2010, 02:53:48 PM »

Holy Shit! I just got to level 23 in one of my weapons, and now it takes 200K exp for the next level.

And what the hell; there's a skirt for 198K? I can buy a gun with that. Actually I did buy a gun with that instead of that skirt.3

It costs that much because it is the first skirt that will let you see her panties. :P
Oh Japanese...

I got to Neverland.  Holy fucking difficulty spike[/i].  I over-levelled and customized for the final dungeon and got CC'd in one hit. =(

I can't wait to get the..."erotic" clothes.

Farron

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #161 on: April 26, 2010, 03:51:51 PM »

It isn't that much expensive if you consider that from chapter 6 onwards there's a money making glitch in the game.
I'm still in chapter 5 but people say that in chapter 6 and 7 are better to abuse it because the guy that sells items.

I'll just put the code here, quoting gamefaqs:
Infinite Money

Chapter 6 or later required Combat Scope Betas cost 3000 gold, one glass shard, and one scrap of iron to make. The wandering merchant sells glass shards and iron scraps for 200 and 150 gold respectively. Combat Scope Betas sell for 4100. Profit is 750 per scope, multiplied by 999, is 749250. The best time to do this is chapter 6~7, before the merchant starts wandering she is always at the Waterless Bridge. In chapter 8 plus, she can be at Forsaken, the Waterless Bridge, or the Righteous Tower. Your best bet then is to get into an enemy counter, run away, and check the location to see if she is there. Time phase changes also change her position. Repeat as necessary.

I can't wait to abuse it and have all the upgrades asap!

Madoka

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #162 on: April 26, 2010, 04:06:33 PM »

It costs that much because it is the first skirt that will let you see her panties. :P
Oh Japanese...
Ok, that's a bit concerning.
ShadowLaguna

Rattle your goddamn head!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #163 on: April 27, 2010, 05:19:21 AM »

Oh Japanese...
Ok, that's a bit concerning.

Don't worry, it's typical for Japan.

Wii Number - 1981 9892 1002 5530
daschrier

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #164 on: April 27, 2010, 09:13:49 AM »

Few hours in chapter 1 and have some questions.

When enemies drop items during battle, do you have to pick these up, or do you automatically get them at the end of the battle?

For the colored hex pieces, when you use them they turn the spaces into that color, is there any advantage to doing this?
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 20 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: