Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 18, 2014, 01:57:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Subject: Persona 3: FES
Prize: $20 eShop, PSN or Steam code
Date: 3rd October 2014 Time: 16:00 EST
331590 Posts in 13576 Topics by 2191 Members
Latest Member: Zaltys
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Resonance of Fate Topic
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 20 Print
Author Topic: Resonance of Fate Topic  (Read 42711 times)
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #165 on: April 27, 2010, 10:17:55 AM »

Few hours in chapter 1 and have some questions.

When enemies drop items during battle, do you have to pick these up, or do you automatically get them at the end of the battle?

For the colored hex pieces, when you use them they turn the spaces into that color, is there any advantage to doing this?

Question 1
You get them automatically as far as I'm concerned... making the item that allows you to pick em up easier useless...IMO...

Questionne Deux
The reason you want to turn hexes is so that you can optimize your placing of them; conforming to the map's shape, and using as few as possible when you need to link...like...400 of those fuckers.  So its best to think ahead before you place them.

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
daschrier

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #166 on: April 27, 2010, 11:23:57 AM »

Few hours in chapter 1 and have some questions.

When enemies drop items during battle, do you have to pick these up, or do you automatically get them at the end of the battle?

For the colored hex pieces, when you use them they turn the spaces into that color, is there any advantage to doing this?

Question 1
You get them automatically as far as I'm concerned... making the item that allows you to pick em up easier useless...IMO...

Questionne Deux
The reason you want to turn hexes is so that you can optimize your placing of them; conforming to the map's shape, and using as few as possible when you need to link...like...400 of those fuckers.  So its best to think ahead before you place them.

I think I need to rephrase my 2nd question. Say you have a red hex, if you use it the spaces turn to red. However if you use the regular white hex, they turn back to white. Do colors matter? I remember one NPC saying that enemies around colored hexes are more likely to drop colored hexes as drops, so if you turn them all to white do you risk making it harded to get colored hexes?
Dice
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #167 on: April 27, 2010, 12:05:46 PM »

The ONLY way you can activate the terminals that give you battle benefits is through coloured hexes.

I haven't had a problem picking up coloured hexes on white spots, and vice versa on coloured hexes.  So, can't confirm that. 

Madoka

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #168 on: April 27, 2010, 10:59:52 PM »

The colored hexed are partially designed to limit where you can go at the begining of the game. But they are much more important.

You need to link (at least) the number of colored hexes that the terminal states above it. For example, if a terminal says 0/50, you need to link 50 colored hexes to activate the terminal, and they all have to be the same color. As you add hexes it will tell you have many you got going (40/50). Link to a dungeon to have the effect in the dungeon, I have Experience 1.5x linked to Petaropolis and Lucia, for example. You can send the effect up and down elevators, but not core elevators. If you want to link 2 termainls to a dungeon, then you need the sum of the hexes for both terminals.

You can set a colored station hex on any safe hex (thoroughfare) to "start" a color on that level. Took me awhile to realize that. Also once a terminal or dungeon is activated by a colored hex, you can change it's color by putting down another color.

Your bestiary will tell you which enemy drops which hex, colored or not, so you can farm hexes if you need to. That won't change regardless of the color of the hex you're fight on.
daschrier

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #169 on: April 28, 2010, 09:15:09 AM »

The colored hexed are partially designed to limit where you can go at the begining of the game. But they are much more important.

You need to link (at least) the number of colored hexes that the terminal states above it. For example, if a terminal says 0/50, you need to link 50 colored hexes to activate the terminal, and they all have to be the same color. As you add hexes it will tell you have many you got going (40/50). Link to a dungeon to have the effect in the dungeon, I have Experience 1.5x linked to Petaropolis and Lucia, for example. You can send the effect up and down elevators, but not core elevators. If you want to link 2 termainls to a dungeon, then you need the sum of the hexes for both terminals.

You can set a colored station hex on any safe hex (thoroughfare) to "start" a color on that level. Took me awhile to realize that. Also once a terminal or dungeon is activated by a colored hex, you can change it's color by putting down another color.

Your bestiary will tell you which enemy drops which hex, colored or not, so you can farm hexes if you need to. That won't change regardless of the color of the hex you're fight on.

Gotcha, I'm only in chapter 1 so I haven't encountered terminals yet I believe, very similar to the system in VP2 it seems. Also, in regards to hex drops, I have gotten colored hexes from enemies even though their bestiary doesn't specify said colored hex as a drop, who knows.

Pretty fun game so far, I haven't had to exploit the battle system much, my only strategy has been to hero attack with a machine gun to scratch a few enemies, then hero attack with a direct damage character to wipe them out. I'm sure battles will be much harder soon.
Dice
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #170 on: April 28, 2010, 11:08:52 AM »

...I have gotten colored hexes from enemies even though their bestiary doesn't specify said colored hex as a drop, who knows.

I *hate* the bestiary.  I've noticed it wrong some of the time, or sometimes it picks up one-shot enemies, which had me searching for them for a while to no avail.

ONE important thing; if you see an item in the bestiary that an enemy just can't seem to ever get; break off the parts of the enemy without killing them and use terminals to raise the item drop %.

...shit, this really is like VP2!

I'm replaying the game again; and its nice to have the story finally making more sense.  The only thing that still confuses me a bit is the little "wine"drinking loli.

Alisha

Z0eila@hotmail.com Z0eila
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #171 on: April 28, 2010, 11:13:58 AM »

does this game have any seraphic gate type thing?

“Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from.”
Madoka

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #172 on: April 28, 2010, 12:08:05 PM »

Gotcha, I'm only in chapter 1 so I haven't encountered terminals yet I believe, very similar to the system in VP2 it seems. Also, in regards to hex drops, I have gotten colored hexes from enemies even though their bestiary doesn't specify said colored hex as a drop, who knows.

Pretty fun game so far, I haven't had to exploit the battle system much, my only strategy has been to hero attack with a machine gun to scratch a few enemies, then hero attack with a direct damage character to wipe them out. I'm sure battles will be much harder soon.

The battle system is very much like Silmeria, which is good for me as I like Silmeria. You've got body part breakage, leader attacks, special uber attacks, move with AP points, just no Valkyries. Those termials are like those spheres and number of colored hexes, just like the number of crystals spent to get the sphere out of the vein. I just need a character named Lenneth to make me happy.

Wait till you run into poison. I hate poison in this game.
Farron

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #173 on: April 28, 2010, 07:44:20 PM »

The combat system is great! But I just reached a part where one of your characters are not in your party for almost the entire chapter. And by heavens that was a pain.
When I use that Tri Attack like no other, the game stops me from using it, but it was a good challenge still. The boss on this chapter was by far the worse, in all the previous I had not even died but this one took me like 6 or 7 tries.

bigdeath

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #174 on: May 01, 2010, 12:29:00 PM »

...I have gotten colored hexes from enemies even though their bestiary doesn't specify said colored hex as a drop, who knows.

Exactly, hence why I like the game so much.
Dice
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #175 on: May 02, 2010, 02:59:58 AM »

Exactly, hence why I like the game so much.

I won't argue that myself.

Serene Prophet

sereneprophet@yahoo.com sereneprophet
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #176 on: May 08, 2010, 04:20:39 PM »

I must just really suck...cause both this and FFXIII, which have battle systems that everyone seems to adore...and I just suck at em.  I mean at least for RoF the battle system is fun, it just seems the latest console jrpgs have upped the difficulty level quite a bit..and I can't grasp their wonky systems well enough to not suck...its a bit frustrating, and I fear that I wont get any better at it progresses, but anywho.

Great game so far, I love the setting, the combat is stylish as hell..the option to customize your characters looks is cool, though im a bit sad guns don't change their image based on attachments..though the way you can attach..those would be some funky ass looking guns.  Wouldn't mind being able to use more than pistols and smgs though.  Also...Im about 6 hours in...and im not sure who the main character is..I mean they start you off as Vashyron..but Zephyr seems the more typical jrpg protagonist.

Also...pater is creepy.

-Give a man a fire, and hes warm for a day.  Light a man on fire, and hes warm for the rest of his life.-
Madoka

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #177 on: May 08, 2010, 07:56:27 PM »

I've been too busy playing this game rather than reading some of the reviews that's out there. There seems to be fairly universal agreement that this game is hard. One even said this game is for the hardcore gamer only.

Perhaps we at RPGFan really do fit that moniker, as we have not been complaining about the difficulty. I've never really thought of myself as a hardcore gamer, but perhaps just being here makes me one?

So, I don't think you suck at this game. I think it's just a damn good, challenging game.
D-Rider
Former God of RPGFan
Rainbow Club Member

Solitary One

ChlamydiaBlues
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #178 on: May 08, 2010, 08:54:37 PM »

Question for those who are further along than me (the third chapter or so):  does combat ever change? :P  I like this combat system quite a bit, but I could stand a little more variety in attacks.  Is it really only a choice between guns, grenades, and special bullets forever?

Dincrest
A-class rider (in training)
RPGFan Editor

I smile when I climb

View Profile WWW
« Reply #179 on: May 08, 2010, 11:39:57 PM »

I've been too busy playing this game rather than reading some of the reviews that's out there. There seems to be fairly universal agreement that this game is hard. One even said this game is for the hardcore gamer only.

I could say the same thing about Infinite Space.  

I just got RoF today for my birthday, so hopefully I'll get to play it some.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2010, 07:57:47 AM by Dincrest » Logged

Next bike-a-thon: PD500 Rock 'n Roll ride (to benefit Parkinson's Disease) October 5, 2014
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 20 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: