Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 20, 2014, 08:47:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Congratulations to Andrew Barker! RPGfan Editor of the Year and now Chief News Editor!
341050 Posts in 13939 Topics by 2222 Members
Latest Member: XanTehMan
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Miscellaneous Games
| | |-+  The Last Guardian
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 16 Print
Author Topic: The Last Guardian  (Read 29286 times)
Jonathan Ingram
Banninated

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: June 01, 2010, 11:16:02 AM »

SoTC on PCSX2 is pretty ace. As long as you have a good PC, you`ll be able to play the game at a silky smooth framerate and a resolution higher than 1080p. You need to have at least a 4-4,5Ghz Dual Core and a 5 series Radeon HD though.
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: June 01, 2010, 03:00:19 PM »

Also a look at the original version of SOTC. I never realized that the frame rate was THAT bad, during fights its 12-16 fps... Man, just imagine this beauty in HD at 60 fps.

Well, there's this "rumor" about a remastered version of Ico and Shadow of the Colossus for the PS3 (you know, like the one for God of War I&II). The guy who begun this rumor was Ueda himself in a interview for what I can remember.

He was interested to give the idea to Sony and see if it was possible. And I would buy that collection as soon as I can... is almost impossible to find a copy of Ico and a "HD version" of Shadow of the Colossus is just to awesome to be true (I will always love the original, of course).

Also, hoping to see more of The Last Guardian in this E3. It was one of the three reasons why I wanted a PS3 so bad.
Esper_Crusader

I love you, Dr. Zaius

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: June 02, 2010, 11:33:23 AM »

I'd be surprised NOT to see anything about the game seeing as how the HD compilation of ICO/SOTC seems to be the real deal.

Currently playing: .

-----------------------------------
"If I can't smoke and swear, I'm F**ked." ~ Ricky
ULTROS!
People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: June 03, 2010, 12:31:46 PM »

I'd be surprised NOT to see anything about the game seeing as how the HD compilation of ICO/SOTC seems to be the real deal.

SixthAxis and Neogaf says its happening, release is around Feb 2011

"I feel ugly, I need a hard drink" - Maribel of Dragon Quest VII

Ivalice Alliance
Valendia Knights of the Peace

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: July 19, 2010, 01:33:55 PM »

ICO and SOTC, two of the best games for the PS2. I preordered The Last Guardian months ago.  The possible re-release of these two games make me happy :)

29 / Gamer / Collector / Certified Nerd

Currently Playing - Samurai Warriors 4 (PS4)
Waiting On - Bloodborne, Final Fantasy Type-O (PS4), Final Fantasy XV (PS4), Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain (PS4), Xenoblade Chronicles X, Star Fox, The Legend of Zelda, Wonderflick, The Last Guardian, Shenmue III
CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: February 22, 2011, 01:35:47 PM »

PSM3 got some hands on time with the game and a new interview with Ueda.
Found this on gaf:

The latest issue of PSM3 is carrying an extensive feature on Team ICO’s upcoming game, The Last Guardian and one of Gamersmint’s readers have an issue with him and we’ve collected all the juicy details for you below.

For the first time ever, we get to know a lot of details regarding the game and it appears that the game is poised to be a masterclass. Fumito Ueda split the beans to PSM3 regarding his upcoming project.

The magazine got some hands-on time with the game and they got to experience the first level of the game which showed the very first “emotional interactions” between the boy and Torico. The game looks stunning according to the magazine and the world is filled with vibrant colours.

We’ve rounded up all the important details which the magazine carried about the game below:

* The Last Guardian will be similar to Ico
* The game’s original music is not the one presented in the trailer. It’s just a test track being used.
* Ueda stated that he’s allowed to achieve things with the PS3 which he couldn’t manage to fulfil due to the tech on offer with PS2.
* Torico’s feathers, butterflies, dust, particles, everything is managed in real time, many great animations were all made by hand.
* The game we will not be as confined as in Ico.
* Torico can apparently eliminate the guards, the child however can’t do that (so he will be playing undercover when he is alone)
* Ueda didn’t reveal who the Last Guardian is, Torico or the boy. He said we’ll have to find out.
* Team ICO has sought technical advice from all in-house Sony Studios wherever possible.
* Torico-AI will focus on that moods and reactions to the environment. The game will be based on its relationship with the child to solve puzzles and explore the fortress.
* Guards in armor are actually shadows, when their armor glows, they can vanish.
* Ueda, does not consider his work as art. It could go much, much further in the concept art but that would make it difficult for some fun and commercial viability of titles. He must find the right balance.
* Ueda would love the game to release on time, however he won’t rush things.
* Ueda is wary not to make the game’s puzzles too difficult however he wants to maintain a good amount of challenge and hence they’re constantly beta-testing to measure the difficulty of puzzles and find the right balance.
* There will be less fighting sequences in TLG than in ICO
* Ueda has assured that the game will be released by the end of this year, atleast in Japan.

There are 2 points that seem very important to me. One of them is obviously the fact that he seems pretty sure that the game will be available at least in japan this year.
The other one is this: * Team ICO has sought technical advice from all in-house Sony Studios wherever possible.

I'm really glad to hear this, as much as I respect Team Ico I just can't trust japanese developers when it comes to the technical apsect of games anymore. The game is obviously very ambitious and I don't want it to be ruined by a poor framerate. About a year ago I wrote somewhere on this forum that I was worried that they wouldn't be able to pull this off and that they should seek support from the more experienced studios working for sony, I'm glad they did.

There's another thing that is pretty amazing here. This will probably be the only game Team Ico create for the PS3. How can a studio that only has 2 commercial failures under its belt have the luxury to spend 6 years on a single game? You might be tempted to say the same happened with GT5 but that is a sequel to sony's biggest franchise and though the delays were ridiculous there were never any doubts that the game would sell like crazy. (The game sold 6,37 million units between release and December 31 and is still in the charts of most european countries).
I'm glad the higher ups at sony are giving Ueda all the time he needs but allowing a studio to only release a single game throughout an entire hardware generation is insane, you'd think that they'd demand at least one game every 3 years, especially considering that the game might fail at retail.
I hope the game sells but unfortunately I doubt it will break even, let alone turn a profit. The previous Team Ico games proved that critical acclaim isn't enough to guarantee sales and the market is even more shooter/sequel oriented than it was back then.

Currently playing: Uncharted 3, Dark Souls, Team ICO Collection, Atelier Totori, Child of eden.
hell_snake

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: February 23, 2011, 11:15:07 AM »

They actually played a demo? I hope someone leaks it... I'll jailbreak my PS3 if I have to just to try it out.

"An unanswered question is better than an unquestioned answer"
Ivalice Alliance

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: February 23, 2011, 01:32:02 PM »

I don't think we will get it this year.  If we do, it will be a week before Japan does. Both ICO and Shadow of the Colossus came out before Japan got it I believe.  I want this game to not be rushed, it has to be perfect.  I liked what I read up above. I know people at least some are going to be upset or even angry about the fighting being almost absent.  I'm fine with that.  This is the reason why I bought my PS3 back in 2008 well and for MGS4.  I just hope the soundtrack is amazing like ICO and SotC.

Waiting On - Bloodborne, Final Fantasy Type-O (PS4), Final Fantasy XV (PS4), Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain (PS4), Xenoblade Chronicles X, Star Fox, The Legend of Zelda, Wonderflick, The Last Guardian, Shenmue III
ShadowLaguna

Rattle your goddamn head!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: February 24, 2011, 02:47:19 AM »

I want this game to not be rushed, it has to be perfect.

If Final Fantasy XIII taught me anything, it's that it doesn't matter how long it takes to develop a game for it's quality to be good. Either that, or four years simply ain't long enough.

Wii Number - 1981 9892 1002 5530
CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: February 24, 2011, 04:34:47 AM »

The game has been in development for 6 years, even if they released it today it would hardly be rushed. Making people wait this long only creates insane levels of expectation that eventually become impossible to match. Let's hope for the best.

Currently playing: Uncharted 3, Dark Souls, Team ICO Collection, Atelier Totori, Child of eden.
Ivalice Alliance

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: February 24, 2011, 01:32:26 PM »

I'm one of the few dumbass people that thought Shenmue was a perfect game. One of the best games ever IF the voice acting is not good.

Yoda
Son of Dad

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: February 24, 2011, 02:15:23 PM »

What are some games that have been worked on that long and did live up to expectations?

I think 6 years is way too long for development.
Ivalice Alliance

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: February 24, 2011, 05:48:37 PM »

Duke Nukem Forever is going to prove people wrong. 13 years in Development Hell and its going to pay off in a big way :)

Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 24, 2011, 06:19:32 PM »

The game has been in development for 6 years, even if they released it today it would hardly be rushed. Making people wait this long only creates insane levels of expectation that eventually become impossible to match. Let's hope for the best.

That's if you actually let yourself get overhyped. Keeping expectations down to Earth is the secret to enjoying games!
TurnBasedDude
Ys Man
Rainbow Club Member

hotshot562@hotmail.com Alcazard0 emmy_sols
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: February 24, 2011, 06:24:19 PM »

That's if you actually let yourself get overhyped. Keeping expectations down to Earth is the secret to enjoying games!

Words of wisdom. I do that a lot otherwise there is no real way to match one's expectations, especially with a current console generation that is very hit or miss.

Xbox Gamertag: Gig01
Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/Zapper101
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 16 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: