Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 23, 2014, 04:02:25 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334701 Posts in 13707 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Miscellaneous Games
| | |-+  The Last Guardian
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 16 Print
Author Topic: The Last Guardian  (Read 27347 times)
Ivalice Alliance
Valendia Knights of the Peace

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: March 02, 2011, 03:09:17 PM »

I think I agree, a demo would be good for people that want to try it out but I think I would opt out of playing it unless it's for a trophy or something,lol!  I'm absolutely doing everything possible in the collection.  In Ico and SotC on the PS2, I unlocked everything that the game could offer.  Looks like i'll be doing that again,lol.

Currently Playing-The Last Story, The Evil Within, Fable Anniversary
Waiting On-Bloodborne, Final Fantasy Type-O, Final Fantasy XV, Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain, Wonderflick, The Last Guardian, Shenmue III
CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: March 03, 2011, 01:04:50 PM »

ICO HD gameplay:

http://www.vandal.net/video/15143/jugando-a-ico-hd

SOTC HD gameplay:

http://www.vandal.net/video/15144/jugando-a-shadow-of-the-colossus-hd-vandal-tv

New TLG pics:

http://www.vandal.net/noticia/54165/nuevas-imagenes-de-the-last-guardian/

Seeing SOTC running so smoothly brings a smile to my face. It's supposed to be amazing in 3D too.

TLG... I don't even know what to say...

Currently playing: Uncharted 3, Dark Souls, Team ICO Collection, Atelier Totori, Child of eden.
Ivalice Alliance

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: March 03, 2011, 02:42:43 PM »

The graphics for The Last Guardian bring a tear to my eyes.  I hope this story doesnt end like SotC.  I about cried my eyes out,lol.

Waiting On-Bloodborne, Final Fantasy Type-O, Final Fantasy XV, Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain, Wonderflick, The Last Guardian, Shenmue III
Yoda
Son of Dad

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: March 03, 2011, 02:53:07 PM »

I'll eat my crow now.

Take all the time you need to develop this :)
Ivalice Alliance

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: March 04, 2011, 03:01:24 AM »

That picture was awesome,lol!

CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: April 20, 2011, 05:47:48 AM »

TLG and Team Ico Collection delayed:

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2011/04/20/the-last-guardian-ico-and-sotc-collection-update/

This was to be expected, Sony already has so many first party games being released this year and 2012 was looking a bit empty so I guess Ueda didn't have much trouble convincing them. That being said, the development time for this game is getting ridiculous.

Currently playing: Uncharted 3, Dark Souls, Team ICO Collection, Atelier Totori, Child of eden.
Bytor
Ego Enhancement Consultant

Hiding in Inaba

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: April 20, 2011, 10:37:15 AM »

I was intrigued with this game from the first time I heard about it. However, it could be another case of love or hate for me based on Team Ico's track record. I loved pretty much every minute of ICO, I found the puzzles to be challenging and complex while still enjoyable and the breadth and scope of the game was to me truly magnificent! On the other hand while I did admire Shadow my admiration plummeted into sheer boredom somewhere around the five colossi. I simply didn't get it, I didn't see a true point to the game. I felt I was fighting the same battle over and over again (with minor discrepancies of course) and I really couldn't figure out why I was killing these things ( I know to "save the girl" but still...) that at the time seemed to pretty much be just "doing their own thing" (what did they eat BTW, landscape seemed pretty barren, lol). I know some who loved it though, I guess I just didn't see the grandeur of the whole thing. Hopefully Guardian will be more of a love-fest...or at least a like-fest ;).

Everything's Eventual
Maxximum
Not quite over gaming

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: April 20, 2011, 11:21:21 AM »

Man, looks amazing, but I can smell the sad ending a mile away. Also, SotC and ICO in HD sound fantastic.

NOW PLAYING:
Final Fantasy XIII: The time has come...
Edna & Harvey: The Breakout: Its...Odd...
One Finger Death Punch: F*ck Yeah! - The game
Yoda
Son of Dad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: April 20, 2011, 11:31:00 AM »

I was intrigued with this game from the first time I heard about it. However, it could be another case of love or hate for me based on Team Ico's track record. I loved pretty much every minute of ICO, I found the puzzles to be challenging and complex while still enjoyable and the breadth and scope of the game was to me truly magnificent! On the other hand while I did admire Shadow my admiration plummeted into sheer boredom somewhere around the five colossi. I simply didn't get it, I didn't see a true point to the game. I felt I was fighting the same battle over and over again (with minor discrepancies of course) and I really couldn't figure out why I was killing these things ( I know to "save the girl" but still...) that at the time seemed to pretty much be just "doing their own thing" (what did they eat BTW, landscape seemed pretty barren, lol). I know some who loved it though, I guess I just didn't see the grandeur of the whole thing. Hopefully Guardian will be more of a love-fest...or at least a like-fest ;).

I've never played Shadow but it's good to read some criticism of that game.

Prime Mover

All's fair in love, war, and the recording studio

Shattre
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: April 20, 2011, 12:29:49 PM »

Man, looks amazing, but I can smell the sad ending a mile away. Also, SotC and ICO in HD sound fantastic.

Dunno about that. Team Ico's current sad ending ratio stands at 50%, so this could go either way, I think. I'd put my money on a bitter sweet, but ultimately good ending.

eelhouse.net
- order the new album

Currently Playing: Metroid Prime 2, Trails in the Sky, Bioshock: Infinite
Currently Listening to: Devin Townsend, Dream Theater
Watching: Star Trek: TOS, Slayers, Doctor Who (as usual)
Maxximum
Not quite over gaming

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: April 20, 2011, 12:35:46 PM »

I don't know, it just seems like a perfect scenario to build up a bond then have one of the characters (my bet is on the cute monster) sacrifice themselves to save the other at the end of the game. I doubt they'll be able to resist.

NOW PLAYING:
Final Fantasy XIII: The time has come...
Edna & Harvey: The Breakout: Its...Odd...
One Finger Death Punch: F*ck Yeah! - The game
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: April 20, 2011, 12:57:14 PM »

For a game to be in production this long is almost ridiculous. It better look like real-life or something.  Shadow and Ico could be done within 10 hours... 5 years developing on 10 hours..?  I hope it's longer than that...

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: April 20, 2011, 01:18:44 PM »

Programming the Ai for the creature must be quite a headache.

Yoda
Son of Dad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: April 20, 2011, 01:23:27 PM »

Dice better take another look at the feather detail and stifle herself
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: April 20, 2011, 01:30:11 PM »

Programming the Ai for the creature must be quite a headache.

Thus far it does seem amazing.  And I hate sounding so "duh" but it definitely looks like-like. 

I don't know.  I just think it sucks we gotta wait so long -- it's not really promising to future titles that hope to be detailed.

Dice better take another look at the feather detail and stifle herself

Nuance.
Though I'm sure I will go "WOW look at em feathers" when I do play it... in hell!! Sorry... tired.

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 16 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: