Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 26, 2014, 07:21:56 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
We have a new board! Pop on over to the Game Journals section and tell us what you've been playing!
338513 Posts in 13855 Topics by 2215 Members
Latest Member: RPGtourguide
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Miscellaneous Games
| | |-+  The Last Guardian
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 Print
Author Topic: The Last Guardian  (Read 28705 times)
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #210 on: June 10, 2014, 09:02:47 PM »

Shuhei Yoshida's latest word on The Last Guardian -- Gematsu

"Lots of people tweeted me they were heartbroken by that [false cancellation] news [prior to the show]," he said. "People are going through this roller coaster of emotions, and it's our fault for not releasing the game, yet. We owe a lot to those people, but we really don't want to release piecemeal information until we can say this is The Last Guardian so we ask you to wait."
« Last Edit: June 10, 2014, 09:24:35 PM by Yggdrasil » Logged
Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #211 on: June 10, 2014, 09:39:32 PM »

I get the feeling that when this game was first announced, all they really had was a concept.
Annubis

Something something like a tiger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #212 on: June 10, 2014, 09:51:13 PM »

Shuhei Yoshida's latest word on The Last Guardian -- Gematsu

"Lots of people tweeted me they were heartbroken by that [false cancellation] news [prior to the show]," he said. "People are going through this roller coaster of emotions, and it's our fault for not releasing the game, yet. We owe a lot to those people, but we really don't want to release piecemeal information until we can say this is The Last Guardian so we ask you to wait."

I'm sorry our games looks like it's dead, so please wait on fate alone until we can prove otherwise =/
Yoda
Son of Dad

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #213 on: June 11, 2014, 01:36:53 AM »

I get the feeling that when this game was first announced, all they really had was a concept.

Or just a title
Ivalice Alliance
Valendia Knights of the Peace

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #214 on: June 11, 2014, 11:34:55 AM »

Wait 'till TGS! lol

:(

Currently Playing-The Evil Within
Waiting On-Bloodborne, Final Fantasy Type-O, Final Fantasy XV, Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain, Wonderflick, The Last Guardian, Shenmue III
Maxximum
Not quite over gaming

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #215 on: July 08, 2014, 09:31:59 AM »

Lets back track a bit here, wasn't TLG supposed to be a launch title for the PS3? Their marketing angle should be something along the lines "so advanced it skipped a generation".

NOW PLAYING:
Final Fantasy XIII: The time has come...
Edna & Harvey: The Breakout: Its...Odd...
One Finger Death Punch: F*ck Yeah! - The game
Ivalice Alliance

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #216 on: July 08, 2014, 12:49:26 PM »

It wasn't going to be a launch title for the PS3, but was going to be released at the end of 2011 (that was the plan, anyway). They gave us ICO and Shadow of the Colossus Collection, to hold us over until TLG was apparently "being worked on". I still think the game was announced too early. Some have even speculated, that it will be an Oculus Rift title (I highly doubt that), but many defend that notion, saying SONY wants to show off what Oculus can do, so that would be a perfect game to do so.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2014, 12:53:13 PM by Ivalice Alliance » Logged

Waiting On-Bloodborne, Final Fantasy Type-O, Final Fantasy XV, Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain, Wonderflick, The Last Guardian, Shenmue III
Maxximum
Not quite over gaming

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #217 on: July 08, 2014, 01:41:16 PM »

Can't confirm the launch title part, but I'm pretty sure it was announced around the same time if not before the PS3 was out (at least in Europe) as a showcase of what the system can do (thats most likely where my apparent misconception about the launch title came), and then went down the spiral of delays.

NOW PLAYING:
Yoda
Son of Dad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #218 on: July 10, 2014, 12:25:24 AM »

Limited edition perks announced
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #219 on: July 10, 2014, 04:43:24 AM »

Bored, Yoda?

Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #220 on: July 10, 2014, 02:41:13 PM »

Some have even speculated, that it will be an Oculus Rift title (I highly doubt that), but many defend that notion, saying SONY wants to show off what Oculus can do, so that would be a perfect game to do so.

Even if it's only a speculation, it does sounds like people are grabbing to any kind of hope they can only to see the game alive. Then again for all the times Sony hasn't shown The Last Guardian to the public (in who knows how many E3 and TGS events now), there's always that sense that the game is gonna come out and is gonna be worth the wait.
Ivalice Alliance

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #221 on: July 10, 2014, 08:21:41 PM »

Some have even speculated, that it will be an Oculus Rift title (I highly doubt that), but many defend that notion, saying SONY wants to show off what Oculus can do, so that would be a perfect game to do so.

Even if it's only a speculation, it does sounds like people are grabbing to any kind of hope they can only to see the game alive. Then again for all the times Sony hasn't shown The Last Guardian to the public (in who knows how many E3 and TGS events now), there's always that sense that the game is gonna come out and is gonna be worth the wait.

I actually meant to type Project Morpheus, since that is related to Sony, but yeah... many are clinging on to hope, that this game is still coming out (I still do, since the game was revealed too early). I mean, I still cling-on to Shenmue III, and it's been 13 years ;)

Maxximum
Not quite over gaming

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #222 on: July 11, 2014, 04:16:32 AM »

I actually meant to type Project Morpheus, since that is related to Sony, but yeah... many are clinging on to hope, that this game is still coming out (I still do, since the game was revealed too early). I mean, I still cling-on to Shenmue III, and it's been 13 years ;)

That would be a pretty terrible idea. Plenty of games would benefit from a VR gimmick, but TLG isn't one of them. That is of course, unless they decided to turn it into a 1st person exploration game. If that's the case, then it might work as a Project Morpheus title, not so great for a spiritual successor to ICO though.

NOW PLAYING:
Ivalice Alliance

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #223 on: July 12, 2014, 12:24:35 PM »

That would be a pretty terrible idea. Plenty of games would benefit from a VR gimmick, but TLG isn't one of them. That is of course, unless they decided to turn it into a 1st person exploration game. If that's the case, then it might work as a Project Morpheus title, not so great for a spiritual successor to ICO though.

I totally agree. I highly doubt that is the case, though. All that I keep hoping, is that development shifted to the PlayStation 4 (makes the most sense), and they probably... maybe, started from scratch (what we've seen of the trailer from 2009, might be completely different). Now that the PlayStation 4 has a nice install base, now (Tokyo Game Show) is the perfect time to re-introduce the game. Although, I'll probably be let down... again :(

Yoda
Son of Dad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #224 on: July 14, 2014, 12:11:17 PM »

The Last Guardian is like that one girl you were interested in and then she got a boyfriend and you were like "maybe she'll realize I'm better and she'll break up with him" and then one day they get married and then you're like "maybe she'll realize he sucks and they'll get divorced and I'll swoop in" and then none of that never happens
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: