Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 01, 2014, 02:27:54 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Subject: Persona 3: FES
Prize: $20 eShop, PSN or Steam code
Date: 3rd October 2014 Time: 16:00 EST
332853 Posts in 13639 Topics by 2191 Members
Latest Member: Zaltys
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Miscellaneous Games
| | |-+  Sonic The Hedgehog 4
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Print
Author Topic: Sonic The Hedgehog 4  (Read 13082 times)
Archendrus

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: October 16, 2010, 01:10:48 PM »

I just remembered the PS3 Sonic the Hedgehog game and it's REALLY messed up and broken controls, the controls there weren't just different, but seriously broken.  I think the control/physics dude or dudes for Sonic Team are a couple cans short of a six-pack.
Hathen

FORUM IDIOT

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: October 17, 2010, 04:56:13 AM »

Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: October 17, 2010, 09:32:20 AM »

So anyway, I got the game; it's the first time I paid money for a Sonic game since Sonic 3 & Knuckles, which was my favorite of the series by far. I have to say - it's not bad. The physics take a bit of getting used to but once you're running at blazing speeds and get used to the map layouts, as well as the homing attack to cross wide chasms, it's really enjoyable. The special stages are very challenging, but not frustratingly so; it gives the same sense of accomplishment you feel when you get all seven chaos emeralds in Sonic 2 or 3.

People are really cautious and dismissive of this game - with good reason - but I found it to be enjoyable enough, and worth my time and effort. Price point is dependent on the individual but I didn't find it a rip off anymore than, say, Braid (which I enjoyed a bit less, actually). On the other hand:

Why, Sega. WHY???

Yoda
Son of Dad

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: October 18, 2010, 11:24:11 AM »

Tried the demo. Controls feel terrible and some of the collision detection is awful.

Visually I think the game is incredible.
CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: October 20, 2010, 03:22:25 PM »

Here's a video from another stage of the fan made game:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QeVa1oeif0s

It's supposed to be available by the end of the week. I didn't buy sonic 4 but if this game plays like I think it does I'd definitely pay for it.

Currently playing: Uncharted 3, Dark Souls, Team ICO Collection, Atelier Totori, Child of eden.
Sagacious-T

Official Pony Thread

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: October 21, 2010, 12:06:26 AM »

I don't know about Sonic 4. It's not bad. The gameplay seems decent. It just feels like it has no soul.

I would have preferred a Megaman 9 style sequel instead with fully fleshed out Genesis graphics and physics.
CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: October 21, 2010, 04:32:37 AM »

The gameplay IS the problem. I beat all the genesis sonic games over a hundred times when I was a kid and sonic 4 just doesn't work for me. It immediatly feels wrong to any veteran of the series. I played the demo 3 times but I can't get used to it. Everything is wrong with the controls and the physics. I could get over the fact that all the levels and enemies are ripped from sonic 1&2, the uninspired music or the fact that all things considered the game could look a lot better than it does, but if the gameplay seems like it was imported from some other franchise, that breaks the deal for me.

Currently playing: Uncharted 3, Dark Souls, Team ICO Collection, Atelier Totori, Child of eden.
CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: October 21, 2010, 04:39:14 AM »

The demo is up guys!!!!!!!!!

http://www.filedropper.com/sfrdemo

Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: October 21, 2010, 04:47:16 AM »

New Super Mario Bros. was somewha different too, from previous 2D Marios.

Just sayin'

CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: October 21, 2010, 04:51:19 AM »

My mind has been blown. OH. MY. GOD.

CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: October 21, 2010, 05:09:18 AM »

Man, simply amazing. There are some minor issues like not being able to clearly see the enemies sometimes because of the busy graphics but considering this is kind of a beta test for them they'll probably fix that.
They're going to take the feedback from this demo and create a full game. This is the work of just 2 guys in their spare time. Fucking unbelievable. It puts sonic 4 to shame in every conceivable way. It plays just like sonic 2 but with graphics out of my childhood dreams. Fuck, I'm going to play it again.

OkamiGeisha

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #71 on: October 24, 2010, 12:11:02 AM »

Tried the demo. Controls feel terrible and some of the collision detection is awful.

Visually I think the game is incredible.

+1.  It's beautiful, but the fact that Sonic feels like he's gained 200 pounds pretty much makes it a deal breaker for me.. sadly.  Once you build up momentum, he feels good but once you slow down, it's like the Sonic Team cast a devious spell on their hero. 

I'm glad I kept the Game Cube collection of the Genesis classics.  Just MAYBE Colors will be good.   
insertnamehere

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #72 on: October 24, 2010, 04:52:05 AM »

Right as I come into this topic, several ads I previously hadn't seen of a 16bit Sonic game show up and will probably go away until I come back to this topic.
this game mildly interests me
I'm fascinated that people criticize rpgs for being stagnant and being unoriginal but praise something like this for "going back to basics"
« Last Edit: October 24, 2010, 05:20:12 AM by insertnamehere » Logged

come get high with me
ba dum tissssss
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: