Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 21, 2014, 11:45:06 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334638 Posts in 13706 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Anime, TV, and Movies
| | |-+  LOST (Season 6)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Print
Author Topic: LOST (Season 6)  (Read 9444 times)
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: April 21, 2010, 10:57:08 PM »

Last night's episode was great.

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
jphussey

hussman12
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: May 04, 2010, 11:21:57 PM »

As My peers would say: OMG. 4 characters in 10 minutes. WOW!
WildArms
With my dying will...!

Come on, become a legend

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: May 05, 2010, 09:41:37 AM »

*SPOILAR FOR THOSE WHO HAVENT REACHED SEASON 6*

Code:
*sigh* im really loving the season, but im still hoping locke is alive,
is not easy to see your favorite character death T.T

I will beat you with my evil strategy of my evil 1.8 million IQ

add me to psn! the more the merrier!
CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: May 05, 2010, 05:43:05 PM »

Just watched it. HOLY SHIT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Currently playing: Uncharted 3, Dark Souls, Team ICO Collection, Atelier Totori, Child of eden.
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: May 06, 2010, 11:59:12 PM »

Brutal.

There is speculation that [spoiler] Lapidus [/spoiler] is still alive though.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2010, 11:23:51 PM by Lard » Logged

nonoyes

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: May 10, 2010, 03:47:52 AM »

This Tuesday May 11 episode Season 6 ep 15 should be really awesome.

Back story for Jacob,Man In Black,Smoke Monster etc...

I think were going to end with a plethora of answers after the episode is done.

The mythology stuff is my favorite aspect of the show I'm thinking this could end up being the best episode in the series.

Also the final episode episode 17-18 airing May 23 has been extended an extra half hour. So now its 2 and half hours long. Or the joke is 1 minute of Lost 29 minutes of commercials.

Just got the May 11,18, and the finale May 23 to air. So close to the finish. :)
jphussey

hussman12
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: May 11, 2010, 11:05:39 PM »

A lot of answers?

Nope.

MANY MORE QUESTIONS after tonight. I can't believe this is really going to end!?!
nonoyes

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: May 12, 2010, 05:44:52 AM »

There was answers.

We saw how the MIB became the smoke monster.
And then go back a few eps and you have what he said to Richard Jacob betrayed him and stole his humanity from him.

Adam and Eve

Where MIB/Jacob came from,their relationship etc....

I know several actors on the show have said like after eps 15 just aired. How is this going to end with only 3 eps left?
But then they got the script and shot the final eps 17/18 the finale. And have said wow they really did finish the story in a great way.

« Last Edit: May 12, 2010, 05:51:14 AM by nonoyes » Logged
jphussey

hussman12
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: May 19, 2010, 08:05:53 AM »

Last night was obviously big. It probably answered the biggest question the show has ever had: "why them?"
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: May 19, 2010, 11:24:10 PM »

So - any guesses for the finale?

CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: May 20, 2010, 01:29:27 PM »

I was very underwhelmed by last week's episode, fortunately this one was fantastic and everything is becoming clear. All explanations and answers were surprisingly straightforward and everything is a lot simpler than you might think.
I can't for the life of me figure out how the whole alternate reality thing will be resolved but desmond seems pretty damn confident. I can't wait to see how they kill mib, I thought jacob would have some kind of theory but I was wrong.
Very excited for the finale.

Currently playing: Uncharted 3, Dark Souls, Team ICO Collection, Atelier Totori, Child of eden.
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: May 24, 2010, 02:39:16 AM »

Because I *hate* typing EVErYTHING in SPOILER tags (they're kinda sloppy), I'm GONNA POST FINALE SPOILERS HERE

READ AT OWN RISK!!!!!!!!!!!
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-

-
-
-
-
-
-
I give the ending a flat 7/10.

It IS a good ending.  Jack superman-punch on Locke and their fight is awesome.  
EVERYTHING is great, leading to an AMAZING finale - but then we get the cliche "we're all dead" bit; a thought audiences have danced around since season 1.

What's great is that it helps give closure to the majority of main characters in a piss-perfect way.  
What I HATED was how it completely disregards much of the islands oddities - in fact, if not ALL.  The mystery and myth is no where NEAR solved, and the ending almost has the omitted.  The flash-sideways still makes no sense, and even moreso after what it leads to.

The drama and relations are extrmeley touching - but, and stop me if I'm wrong, we stay for the mystery.
Time and Space - meh, works itself out, no paradoxes in the horizon
Smoke Monster - who cares
Jacob - no point
Magic Jack - there was magic?
Super Secret Temple - fuck it
Jack's son? - lol wife swap (2x) then he's done
The "Rules" - no running beside pool lol... =(
Numbers (ie; 108) - Hurley will never know

Worse yet is there is no sort of epilogue to the Hurley and Ben bit.We're given the first page to a great book, and don't get so much as an introduction.

The show needs a proper epilogue.

ANYWAYS.
I digress.
If anything, the finale emphasizes Jack's role in the midst of things.  Actually, amongst everything.  We see the story for everyone, see how they connect, see how they're related - but Jack was always the leading man.

I guess whatever on the island - actually happened.  Jack died a hero, Kate leaves, Hurl and Ben take over protecting super island secrets (poorly covered).  But, I guess for a series that spent SO MUCH time with character development, they touched on an "everybody's happy" approach where they pretty much have a big group party ...in heaven.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2010, 02:47:03 AM by Dice » Logged

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
nonoyes

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: May 24, 2010, 03:21:10 AM »

Spoilers below

It is a happily ever after ending. So I guess its somewhat cliched.

But what it is they got is what they wanted.
The life they had on the island is real and coming to the island although for some they meet a bad hand in the end most of them still got a happy ending.

Jack letting off Jughead created this world for the ones that died.
Its the reason he did it.Although he thought it would be a do over and it sorta is but different.
Happy endings for
Charlie,Claire,and Aaron get a life together,Sun,Jin, and Ji Yeon,Sayid and Shannon,Sawyer and Juliet etc...
The AU also had Daniel Faraday not joining the rest but his mother getting to enjoy her son him playing piano like it was originally in the original universe before he was pushed into becoming physicist only to meet a cruel fate.

But its not all AU for everyone.
Now some still got life after the island. Claire goes back to normal world and raises Aaron.Richard lives a normal life and ages etc...
Hurley and Ben play a Jacob and Richard role but do it right without all the secrecy eventually sometime they get a replacement as well.
Sawyer we could assume raises Clementine.
Rose and Bernard continue life on the island.
Desmond goes back to Penny.
I guess it could have shown this.But didn't really have to.

The ending is more of a ending for the mostly the main main characters even from season 1.

There is somethings left in the air. Like the island being underwater.Was it Jughead?
 Personally I like to think even the MIB got a nice ending he was able to sink the island before 2004 the beginning of the AU and he finally got off the island.
So like other characters his happy ending is in the AU as well.

Most of the mysteries were answered even the ones left unanswered can be answered with some thinking.
jphussey

hussman12
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: May 24, 2010, 08:55:32 AM »

I give it a 10/10.

It wasn't a cop out to everyone is dead.

The sideways glimpse was that when all of these characters died, they need each other in order to reach salvation. Their true lives began and ended on the island, and since Jack was the leader of that, the show was always his story.

I think some of what is written above doesn't quite grasp this very point.

nonoyes

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: May 24, 2010, 09:37:39 AM »

I grasp the point just fine.

Its just there was a good ending even in the original timeline for some characters.

The point I think is flying over peoples heads is they only think of the AU as a fake life until realization and then happy ending everyone.

The AU also serves as a what if... what if they never crashed on that island it provides that story.
And shows us why crashing on the island was a good thing. But why for some while its a good thing they also still need to live that AU life for awhile to satisfy what they wanted their lives to be.Because the island wasn't a good life for them.
But eventually they will be satisfied with that AU life and then be ready to move on.

In OG timeline for example Daniel Faraday was interested in the piano but his mother knew he had to become a physicist come to the island and then die by her hands.
In the AU although Eloise is very aware of everything. She is able to enjoy her son and let him be himself let him play piano. So it also serves as my life could have been this way I can live it but eventually I'll get over it and be ready like most of the main characters were.But for now I'm still living this AU life because the characters need to/want to.
Eventually Daniel,Eloise,and Charlotte will be ready together.

Like Ben wasn't ready yet either. I think he wants to stay around for his dad still and Alex still he's just not ready yet.

« Last Edit: May 24, 2010, 09:46:25 AM by nonoyes » Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: