Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 21, 2014, 03:59:10 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334573 Posts in 13704 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Has anyone heard from Victor Ireland lately?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print
Author Topic: Has anyone heard from Victor Ireland lately?  (Read 8065 times)
ronhelig

View Profile

Ignore
« on: June 30, 2006, 02:16:31 PM »

He used to be really public.  He was always posting in public forums, his own website, doing interviews, etc...  The last I heard from him was his statement about his company going defunct and possibly doing work for all the great Xbox360 J-RPG's coming out (LOL!!!).  I was just wondering if anyone has anyone seen anything from him since then?
Lost Fragment

polybius42
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2006, 05:50:16 PM »

He posts on GAF occasionally. Otherwise, not really.

Logick

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2006, 08:41:34 PM »

still selling a shitload of stuff on Ebay.

"If you're not careful, the newspapers will have you hating the people who are being oppressed, and loving the people who are doing the oppressing."
~Malcolm X
Lost Fragment

polybius42
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2006, 05:46:36 AM »

Quote from: "Logick"

lol

There's a joke in that somewhere.

Losfer
The Pope

The friendliest man on the internet

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2006, 06:36:53 AM »

Quote from: "Lost Fragment"
Quote from: "Logick"

lol

There's a joke in that somewhere.

Yes.  The joke is:

Victor Ireland.

ZINGBANG.

Tenchi-no-Ryu
RPGFan's MMO Junkie

TenchiNoRyujin
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2006, 09:47:47 AM »

Vic's going to be making a return to the industry, though some of us are sworn to secrecy. There'll be news of it later this year, I assure you.
Mana Knight

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2006, 01:21:48 PM »

I'm thinking he's going to work for MS in translating Japanese games or he's going to work for Hudson Enterntainment, working on translating Far East of Eden Ziria.  Those are just my guesses, so far.
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2006, 04:52:29 PM »

Quote from: "Tenchi-no-Ryu"
Vic's going to be making a return to the industry, though some of us are sworn to secrecy. There'll be news of it later this year, I assure you.

I just hope he's kept under control, so he either doesn't continue with his over the top localization, and cools it down, aswell as keeping his damn feuds from affecting the rest of the company's business.
Tenchi-no-Ryu
RPGFan's MMO Junkie

TenchiNoRyujin
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2006, 09:47:37 AM »

Quote from: "Mana Knight"
I'm thinking he's going to work for MS in translating Japanese games or he's going to work for Hudson Enterntainment, working on translating Far East of Eden Ziria.  Those are just my guesses, so far.

very good educated guesses, but you'll have to wait a few more months to see if you're right. Anyone care to take a bet? ^_~
Serene Prophet

sereneprophet@yahoo.com sereneprophet
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2006, 10:05:43 AM »

Who is he?

-Give a man a fire, and hes warm for a day.  Light a man on fire, and hes warm for the rest of his life.-
Logick

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2006, 07:30:16 PM »

Quote from: "Serene Prophet"
Who is he?

He was the head of the now defunked Working Designs.

"If you're not careful, the newspapers will have you hating the people who are being oppressed, and loving the people who are doing the oppressing."
~Malcolm X
Leo

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2006, 08:38:02 PM »

I respect this guy. He is passionate about bringing over obscure titles that tend to be overlooked. I hope to see a speedy recovery of his status in the game industry.

About the Xbox 360 JRPGs comment.....I beg to differ. Yes, there are a handful of titles that are worth mentioning, but it's not quite enough to justify a purchase, if you're solely an RPG player. If the hardware itself were dramatically cheaper, I'd reconsider. Of course, keep in mind, I'm not considering the video game players that play a variety of genres, so in that aspect, I'm being biased.

However, I do see a small amount of potential in the Xbox 360's RPG selection, if the cards are played right. Microsoft needs to seriously focus on Japan's market. By any means necessary, even. Just as long as they don't buy out more game developers to have their way. :P
Mana Knight

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: July 02, 2006, 09:16:52 PM »

Quote from: "Tenchi-no-Ryu"
very good educated guesses, but you'll have to wait a few more months to see if you're right. Anyone care to take a bet? ^_~
I remember the stuff Vic said about MS, so that was definitely a guess by me.  Although, it would be really scarry if Vic Ireland worked for MS, because that would give them two (Peter Moore being the other), very outspoken people apart of them.  If that was the case, maybe they'll bring in Trip Hawkins to make it three crazy people.:p

The formation of Hudson Entertainment (or whatever it may be called) in the U.S. after WD closing down, makes me wonder a little if that's where he is also.  Hudson had a lot to do with the Turbo 16 Grafx and Duo, and Vic supported them, so that came to mind also.

But yeah, I'll be waiting to see what happens. :D
ronhelig

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: July 03, 2006, 09:30:42 AM »

God I hope Vic doesn't defect to MS.  I'm one of their cult despisers.  The last thing I want to see if them buy a monopoly on the videogame world too, even though it'd be hard to outspend Sony.  Are their really JRPG's on the 360 in Japan?  I always scour the Japanese websites and can't think of any except that Blue Dragon.  Maybe Nintendo? :)  Personally, I really miss Working Designs.  Their games can have hokey translations, but at least he cares and usually brings over series we'd otherwise never see here.
Professor Gast

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: July 03, 2006, 11:45:29 AM »

Just look at our release date section, you will find out that there are a dozen RPGs announced for the system. But since I'm a nice guy here is a list. Looking on this list, you will quickly realize that smaller companies like Idea Factory or From Soft are far more supportive of the system than the big third party publishers.

Already Available in Japan:

eM: eNCHANT arM, From Software
Final Fantasy XI (port), Square Enix
Tengai Makyou ZIRIA (remake), Hudson
Spectal Force 3, Idea Factory

Announced

Cry On, Cavia
Dungeon Explorer (remake), Hudson
Lost Odyssey, Mistwalker
Magna Carta 2, Banpresto
Operation Darkness, Success
Super Robot Taisen, Banpresto
Untitled tri-Ace RPG, tri-Ace
Sangoku Fuushin Idea Factory
Spectral Diario, Idea Factory
Trusty Bell, tri-crescendo/Bandai Namco

There are some more games announced from From Soft and others but just like with those two Idea Factory games, the genre has yet to be announced.
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: