Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 20, 2014, 08:58:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Congratulations to Andrew Barker! RPGfan Editor of the Year and now Chief News Editor!
341092 Posts in 13940 Topics by 2222 Members
Latest Member: XanTehMan
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  New entry in the Disgaea series to be released on PS3
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: New entry in the Disgaea series to be released on PS3  (Read 2850 times)
ULTROS!
People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.

View Profile

Ignore
« on: February 12, 2010, 09:28:09 AM »

Saw it in Neogaf: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=387436

Nippon Ichi has announced via their financial reports that in the next business term they expect to release the newest entry of the Disgaea series on the PS3. The actual title or what the game is has not been clarified yet. The "latest entry in the Disgaea series" for PS3 will be one of 8 new titles they plan on releasing in the business term, 6 of those are original titles.

"I feel ugly, I need a hard drink" - Maribel of Dragon Quest VII

Blue Bullet

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2010, 10:54:28 AM »

Wonderful news, I'm very much looking forward to it, though I'll hope that this next Disgaea title actually take advantage of the HD technology.

Everlasting Junk Story - In motion -
Currently Playing: Stella Deus
Dice
Dobbelstenen Muil
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2010, 11:02:08 AM »

3D?

Even Ar Tonelico got on the bandwagon.
But yaay.  Cant wait to hear more.

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633
http://dice963.tumblr.com/

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
RAINBOW PIXEL POWER!!!
Akanbe-

Cheap? I paid a lot for this hat!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2010, 03:35:41 PM »

As a fan of the series, I'm definitely interested.  Disgaea 3 was so-so fun wise and the meta-game was unnecessarily convoluted so hopefully 4 steps it up a notch.  And for the love of god at least upgrade the visuals.  Even Leaf, makers of fucking eroge/bishoujo pc games, put out much, much better looking sprites with their game Tears to Tiara than NIS did for Disgaea 3.

"Karma is...secret top tier"~Starmongoose
PSN ID: Akanbe9
WildArms
With my dying will...!

Come on, become a legend

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2010, 05:10:12 PM »

i can already see it in my room

I will beat you with my evil strategy of my evil 1.8 million IQ

add me to psn! the more the merrier!
Gen Eric Gui

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2010, 05:16:44 PM »

Might be interested if Taro returns, if not, don't care.  I lost interest in this series a long time ago, when the "lololol 9999 levels" mechanic wore off.
dalucifer0
시발놈

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2010, 10:11:39 AM »

I can't fucking wait. I thought 3 was the best overall, so I hope they improve it even more. I don't care if the graphics are better or not, because it'll probably still look like ass compared to other games.
professor ganson

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2010, 01:54:28 PM »

Disgaea (PSP) was one of my favorite games of those I played last year.  Got me through the swine flu.  I'm really looking forward to playing through the new version of Disgaea 2.  Disgaea 3 is really enjoyable, but I think it would have been better as a PSP title.  Hopefully the new Disgaea will really fit the PS3.

Alfa System Forever
Kaspian

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2010, 09:46:06 PM »

I think I'm a bit burnt out on the series, personally.  I may check it out, but it won't be near the top of the to-do list unless it looks like it'll be bringing something amazing to the table.

Ramza
Enjoying Retirement
Editor Emeritus

TSDPatGann
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2010, 10:08:20 PM »

Disgaea 3 is really enjoyable, but I think it would have been better as a PSP title.  Hopefully the new Disgaea will really fit the PS3.

This is so true. Disgaea 3 didn't have the graphics or production to be a PS3 game. Granted, nothing from companies of this size (NIS, Gust, Idea Factory) has seemed "suitable" on PS3 yet (Ar tonelico III is ouchies, Cross Edge was yuck). So NIS *really* needs to step up their game if they want to make this a worthwhile PS3 game. Don't get me wrong, I really liked Disgaea 3 (see my review), but you're right; it could just have well have been on PSP or PS2. That was excusable two years ago. It is no longer excusable though.

Gen Eric Gui

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2010, 11:30:37 PM »

Well, according to NIS, they needed the PS3's processor to handle all the data and calculations that were going on in D3, or something.  They claimed it legitimately couldn't have been done with the PS2's processor.
WildArms
With my dying will...!

Come on, become a legend

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2010, 09:22:43 AM »

Yeah we must keep in mind, that ps3 isnt just graphics, the speed of interface, processors, all that stuff makes a game do stuff they couldnt before, even a ps3 game with ps2 graphics we couldnt say "why this game is for ps3?!", ..the ps2 had all those games, but the last games always had some laggy parts that made it crappy.
Though i dunno if Disgaea 3 really needs that cuz, in my opinion, is not that different from other disgaeas, but well, im no game maker -.-'

Alisha

Z0eila@hotmail.com Z0eila
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2010, 06:15:27 PM »

you know i sorta lost interest in disgaea after number 2 i'd rather see sequels to other games under the NIS banner like makai kingdom, soul nomad and phantom brave all of wich are better than disgaea.

“Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from.”
WildArms
With my dying will...!

Come on, become a legend

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2010, 09:25:33 PM »

Is not like there has been that many after Disgaea 2 xD, and i prefer disgaea 2 more than the others, maybe because of its "romantic" story, since those kind of stories attract me more.

But what i like in disgaea is the humore :D there hasnt been any game that could beat this, in my case

Ramza
Enjoying Retirement
Editor Emeritus

TSDPatGann
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: February 15, 2010, 09:30:31 PM »

Well, according to NIS, they needed the PS3's processor to handle all the data and calculations that were going on in D3, or something.  They claimed it legitimately couldn't have been done with the PS2's processor.

I simply don't believe that statement. I believe that NIS made the statement. Not questioning that. I'm questioning their ability to gauge such a thing. I'm sure the right people with the right talent and the right amount of money could have *easily* made Disgaea 3 work on a PS2.

Ramza

Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: