Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 23, 2014, 01:21:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334711 Posts in 13708 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  The Soundroom
| | |-+  FFXIII OST Sold Out
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print
Author Topic: FFXIII OST Sold Out  (Read 6049 times)
Prime Mover

All's fair in love, war, and the recording studio

Shattre
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« on: February 13, 2010, 01:53:40 PM »

Egggh... I was an idiot and forgot to order the FF13 OST. At one point I had had it all ready to go at Play Asia, but walked away from my computer for some reason. Now it's sold out and waiting restock. At this point, if it's in restock, it may very well not get here until after FF13 is released. My question is, what other sites have OSTs for sale? Obviously I'd prefer PlayAsia because of its connection with RPGFan, and I've ordered from them before, but what are my other options if that's not going to work?

Also, what is the "Drama CD"? The review doesn't actually explain what it is. Is it cut scenes? A narrative CD? Also, is there an english version, or is it Japanese only?
« Last Edit: February 13, 2010, 02:19:05 PM by Prime Mover » Logged

eelhouse.net
- order the new album

Currently Playing: Metroid Prime 2, Trails in the Sky, Bioshock: Infinite
Currently Listening to: Devin Townsend, Dream Theater
Watching: Star Trek: TOS, Slayers, Doctor Who (as usual)
CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2010, 01:58:54 PM »

You might wanna change the thread title to FFXIII OST sold out.

Currently playing: Uncharted 3, Dark Souls, Team ICO Collection, Atelier Totori, Child of eden.
Ramza
Enjoying Retirement
Editor Emeritus

TSDPatGann
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2010, 02:06:09 PM »

The dialogue of the drama CD isn't lifted from the game. It's extra stuff. And it's only Japanese, of course.

Other places to buy the FFXIII OST? Try Yes Asia, CD Japan, Otaku, Amazon Japan ... any of those.

Prime Mover

Shattre
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2010, 02:24:28 PM »

Final Question... I'm only seeing the "Japanese Edition" of any of the OSTs, is there an English version, and is there really much difference between them (obviously a difference in the LE, but that's not what I'm talking about).

eelhouse.net
- order the new album

Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2010, 03:02:48 PM »

TRAITORS!!! How dare they sell us out! They'll swing for this!

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2010, 03:16:12 PM »

I checked the official site

http://store.na.square-enix.com/store/sqenixus/en_US/pd/productID.175291700

and it's also the japanese version. I think you're only missing out on the leona lewis song (it sucks anyway so no loss there)

Currently playing: Uncharted 3, Dark Souls, Team ICO Collection, Atelier Totori, Child of eden.
Ryos
I can has demons?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2010, 04:21:05 PM »

and it's also the japanese version. I think you're only missing out on the leona lewis song (it sucks anyway so no loss there)

True...but for $10 less, I'd opt for the godawful song and a domestic release.  As good as the soundtrack is, I'm hoping someone up there realizes some folks here would probably be interested in a domestic release.  But then the LE for the game here constitutes a flipping strategy guide, so in the grand scheme of things it looks like SE isn't too concerned about us lowly Americans.

It's never too late to start learning; it's always too early to stop learning.
Ramza
Enjoying Retirement
Editor Emeritus

TSDPatGann
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2010, 04:43:19 PM »

$30 isn't bad. But it lists it as a preorder. So they'll probably let you buy the Japanese version for $30 starting March 9th. :P

Saviour

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2010, 05:48:47 PM »

=O!!!!! My Hands is great. The original japanese theme song, Kimi Ga Iru Kara, is crappy.

Finished RPG Count: 90
Prime Mover

Shattre
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2010, 08:22:07 PM »

"Yes Asia" sounds like a Steve Howe fanclub.

eelhouse.net
- order the new album

Ramza
Enjoying Retirement
Editor Emeritus

TSDPatGann
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2010, 08:34:25 PM »

"Yes Asia" sounds like a Steve Howe fanclub.

LOL, an astute observation.

kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2010, 11:12:59 AM »

Leona Lewis? Really?

...I'm scared to hear this.

NANOMACHINES, SON.
Marshmallow

OH NO OH NO OH NO

AuroMarshmallow
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2010, 11:19:27 AM »

I don't get all the dislike for Leona Lewis I've been seeing since the announcement that she was doing a song in XIII. I mean, the only song of hers I've heard was in Avatar, but it wasn't terrible, despite not being my cup of tea. It's not like having music in English is unknown in a FF game. :/

At least they didn't get Miley Cyrus to do a song.

Ramza
Enjoying Retirement
Editor Emeritus

TSDPatGann
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: February 14, 2010, 11:32:32 AM »

I'm also confused about the Leona Lewis hate. If you're familiar with the theme song from the Japanese version (Sayuri Sugawara, review of theme song single here), you'd understand that it's not like we're losing something by having S-E replace theme songs. Seriously, get over it.

CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: February 14, 2010, 02:36:44 PM »

Though I don't like the song and will never understand what the hell it has to do with the game, though I agree that the commercial being used in the US is attrocious, I have to say this:

I just browsed the FFXIII thread at the gaf forum and the last 100 pages consist of people saying that they are considering not buying the game because they'll feel embarrassed. Stuff like: "my friend asked me if I was buying it when the commercial played and I said no because it was embarrassing and now I'll have to make sure he doesn't see me playing it or I might even not buy it at all" or "damn, now I can't bring myself to enter a store and buy the game, I'll have to order it from amazon or maybe even not buy it because it looks like a game for 13 year old girls anyway".
Seriously? Man, I'm tired of all this internet bitching. People just go on and on bitching about the most ridiculous things. People bitch about the 2 seconds of sonic 4 footage because the running animation is wrong or the spikes are too long or his eyes are green. Wow, his eyes are green? That definetely is going to stop me from enjoying the game, specially because I can only tell the color of his eyes on the fucking title screen.
On the uncharted 2 thread people were complaining about the new dlc pack, because the trophies are too hard to get and you actually have to pay (!) for the new maps. Some guy from ND wrote a post asking why people put so little trust in ND after creating such a great game and then another guy writes "I don't like Elena's running animation in MP". Jesus! They already gave us a free map!

I seriously think that most people aren't actually enjoying games anymore but just buying them so they can find something to bitch about in internet forums. If I were a game dev reading forums would drive me fucking insane.

Anyway, the marketing strategy for the US seems completely wrong to me and the song is part of the problem imo. You can see some guys fighting monsters while a cheesy pop song plays in the background and in the end you get a close up of a pretty girl, all of this in the break of a sports game. What are they trying to achieve here? What's the target audience? Will this appeal to the guys watching a basketball match?

Pages: [1] 2 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: