Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 23, 2014, 12:21:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Subject: Persona 3: FES
Prize: $20 eShop, PSN or Steam code
Date: 3rd October 2014 Time: 16:00 EST
331921 Posts in 13594 Topics by 2191 Members
Latest Member: Zaltys
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Last rebellion officially announced
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Print
Author Topic: Last rebellion officially announced  (Read 7003 times)
Dincrest
Cleanup Crew
RPGFan Editor

Smile... they'll think you're up to something.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: March 07, 2010, 09:44:49 PM »

Personally, although I do like Last Rebellion more so than other critics it seems, I don't think I'd pay full asking price.  For a lot of people, $20 for it might even be a stretch.  $10-$15 in the bargain bin, I think it's worth that.

To add to this, the game's pretty short too.  For better or worse, it's under 20 hours.  I'm in the home stretch of the game and my game clock is somewhere in the 12 hour range.  Again, I kinda like the game because the battle system's cool and the atmosphere's different from what I'm used to in JRPGs, but the story, music, and graphics are quite lacking making for an overall mediocre game.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2010, 09:47:33 PM by Dincrest » Logged

Next bike-a-thon: PD500 Rock 'n Roll ride (to benefit Parkinson's Disease) October 5, 2014
citizenchris099

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: March 08, 2010, 10:22:38 AM »

Take a look at Last Rebellion auctions on ebay guys...just for laughs. I mean quite a few people think this game is worth on average of $40 dollars. I keep thinking I'll be able to pick up a cheap copy and every time they end up way beyond what I think the games worth. Mind you I'm talking about auctions not "buy it nows". Even funnier is that some of the auctions start at like 99 cents or something and still end up high.

--
Chris

----------------------------------------------------------------------
"Everything that happens will happen today
and nothing has changed, but nothing's the same
and every tomorrow could be yesterday
and everything that happens will happen today"

-David Byrne
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: March 08, 2010, 12:26:09 PM »

Take a look at Last Rebellion auctions on ebay guys...just for laughs. I mean quite a few people think this game is worth on average of $40 dollars. I keep thinking I'll be able to pick up a cheap copy and every time they end up way beyond what I think the games worth. Mind you I'm talking about auctions not "buy it nows". Even funnier is that some of the auctions start at like 99 cents or something and still end up high.

The game is still quite new and retailed for $50.  It may not be a very good game, but I'm not going to laugh at people for paying $40 for it.  Give it time and the price will go down.

...or you could just pass on it entirely and play something, you know, good.

citizenchris099

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: March 08, 2010, 12:38:36 PM »

The game is still quite new and retailed for $50.  It may not be a very good game, but I'm not going to laugh at people for paying $40 for it.  Give it time and the price will go down.

...or you could just pass on it entirely and play something, you know, good.

Its just odd to me. I mean they are paying near retail prices for a game that either A) they know little to nothing about because if they did theywould know its not worth near what they are paying for it or B) they've herd the negative hype and are willing to pay that anyways.
And they say the economy is doing bad lol ?

--
Chris

----------------------------------------------------------------------
"Everything that happens will happen today
and nothing has changed, but nothing's the same
and every tomorrow could be yesterday
and everything that happens will happen today"

-David Byrne
Dincrest
Cleanup Crew
RPGFan Editor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #49 on: March 08, 2010, 04:46:51 PM »

Well, part of it is collector's value.  Something like FF13 will eventually become a "Greatest Hits" title and be sold new at half-price.  There won't be a shortage of copies.  Something like Last Rebellion will likely have a limited print run.  So even if the game isn't stellar, it's a rarer commodity than something like FF. 

Next bike-a-thon: PD500 Rock 'n Roll ride (to benefit Parkinson's Disease) October 5, 2014
Morgenstern
Star-Spawn of Cthulhu

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: March 08, 2010, 05:09:06 PM »

I have a complex relationship with NIS.

I keep buying their games, and they keep letting me down. Disgaea was cool. Disgaea 2 was just like Disgaea, but not as fun. Disgaea 3 was the same as Disgaea, but no longer fun. So, the lesson I've learned from this? Just stop buying from NIS.
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: March 08, 2010, 07:26:04 PM »

I actually liked Disgaea 2 more than Disgaea.  I think they did a much better job actually developing the characters and not just relying on cheap gags (which isn't to say that there weren't cheap gags to be had...).  Can't comment on Disgaea 3 yet since I have yet to play it (this is despite the fact that I have owned a copy for some time now, but somehow I haven't found the time...).

But anyway, Last Rebellion is not a NIS game.  It's localized by NISA but was developed by HitMaker.

Dincrest has a point about the rarity.  I remember having to go through significant gyrations to even find a copy of Ar Tonelico II only a few months after it came out.  Made we wish I had picked it up right away...although I noticed that both Ar Tonelico and Ar Tonelico II were back in stock at rosenqueen.com pretty recently so they must have printed more copies at some point.

Dincrest
Cleanup Crew
RPGFan Editor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #52 on: March 08, 2010, 08:54:47 PM »

Actually, from what I understand Last Rebellion was co-developed by NIS and HitMaker.  Not that that makes a huge difference in the grander scheme of things.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: