Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 27, 2014, 05:13:06 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
We have a new board! Pop on over to the Game Journals section and tell us what you've been playing!
338650 Posts in 13862 Topics by 2215 Members
Latest Member: RPGtourguide
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  What version of FF XIII to get?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 Print
Author Topic: What version of FF XIII to get?  (Read 19680 times)
ShiningHero

Lawlerabs

lightbreakerec@hotmail.com Blazeddc
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #135 on: March 07, 2010, 09:46:06 PM »

So are any of you guys going to the midnight sale tomorrow night?

I have Release Date Delivery from Amazon. I'd really rather avoid going to GameStop for the newest releases if I can help it.

^^
I really wish Amazon would do this with all new releases and not just high profile releases.

I'll probably end up getting whatever version of the game drops first in price.

Jet16

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #136 on: March 07, 2010, 09:48:29 PM »

So are any of you guys going to the midnight sale tomorrow night?

Yeah, I'm going. Just have to get through one more day..
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #137 on: March 07, 2010, 09:53:23 PM »

I really wish Amazon would do this with all new releases and not just high profile releases.

I can pretty much guarantee that this has more to do with the high profile releases being shipped ahead of time so everyone has it in stock for the release date. In order to have that for every game you'd have to actually delay them, and that seems kind of missing the point.

Also, I have to admit I don't care much for midnight launches. My first one (FFXII) had the system break down on me just before I could play the game, and with the other two (Super Smash Bros Brawl and Metal Gear Solid 4) I was too tired to keep playing them... and I'm definitely going to be nearly comatose if I were to try it for FFXIII and not even get to ENJOY playing it at midnight.
Jet16

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #138 on: March 07, 2010, 10:04:38 PM »

The last time I went was for Assassin's Creed II and some pretty funny people were there to make it worthwhile. For this, I plan on sleeping a bit beforehand and only playing for a few hours so I can get some more sleep for school.
CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #139 on: March 08, 2010, 05:44:56 AM »

I've never been to one, not sure if my local gamestop is doing one but I'd definitely grab the opportunity to get my hands on the game early.

Currently playing: Uncharted 3, Dark Souls, Team ICO Collection, Atelier Totori, Child of eden.
citizenchris099

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #140 on: March 08, 2010, 09:51:10 AM »

You can't help but think critics are being unnecessarily tough on the game, but who knows? I won't know until I play it. I still have a feeling that I'm going to enjoy it more than some of these critics are. I'm just not that picky. Heck, I've enjoyed every single FF game I've ever played. Gimme some fancy graphics, a great soundtrack, a fun battle system, and a halfway decent story, and I'm happy. The linearity seems to be the kicker here, and I can't get myself to care about that. This may change after I play it, but I doubt it.

which is worse reviewers being to easy on FF or too hard? If you ask me they are typically too easy on them.
If you've enjoyed every FF game you've ever played then you've enjoyed quite a few linear JRPGs. Why is it all of a sudden "the kicker"?

--
Chris

----------------------------------------------------------------------
"Everything that happens will happen today
and nothing has changed, but nothing's the same
and every tomorrow could be yesterday
and everything that happens will happen today"

-David Byrne
GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

OK, options aren't SO bad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #141 on: March 08, 2010, 11:48:43 AM »

You can't help but think critics are being unnecessarily tough on the game, but who knows? I won't know until I play it. I still have a feeling that I'm going to enjoy it more than some of these critics are. I'm just not that picky. Heck, I've enjoyed every single FF game I've ever played. Gimme some fancy graphics, a great soundtrack, a fun battle system, and a halfway decent story, and I'm happy. The linearity seems to be the kicker here, and I can't get myself to care about that. This may change after I play it, but I doubt it.

which is worse reviewers being to easy on FF or too hard? If you ask me they are typically too easy on them.
If you've enjoyed every FF game you've ever played then you've enjoyed quite a few linear JRPGs. Why is it all of a sudden "the kicker"?

It's not the kicker for ME. I meant that it seems to be the biggest problem for the reviewers. I have no problem with it...yet. We'll see after I play it.

Playing: DA: Inquisition
Reading: Mistbron#3: Hero of Ages
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #142 on: March 08, 2010, 12:18:45 PM »

Since there's now a new FFXIII thread started up. Shouldn't this one be locked?

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #143 on: March 08, 2010, 04:51:16 PM »

Since there's now a new FFXIII thread started up. Shouldn't this one be locked?

No, there's a seperate purpose here, and honestly in this case it'd probably be good to air out the 360/PS3 crap in here and talk about the game itself in the appropriate thread. Besides, people can talk about their own experiences with XIII performance in here, depending on which version they got!

There IS merging, but who the hell wants a fresh topic immediately bogged down with 10+ pages that came from an older thread?
« Last Edit: March 08, 2010, 04:52:47 PM by Eusis » Logged
CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #144 on: March 08, 2010, 05:14:53 PM »

That's exactly what I was thinking when I created the thread. Lets talk about the game in the other thread and leave the technical issues of both versions here.

Currently playing: Uncharted 3, Dark Souls, Team ICO Collection, Atelier Totori, Child of eden.
Datastorm

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #145 on: March 09, 2010, 09:21:29 AM »

Heres a great article I found this morning comparing the two...

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-final-fantasy-xiii-face-off

doh
CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #146 on: March 09, 2010, 09:44:59 AM »

Heres a great article I found this morning comparing the two...

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-final-fantasy-xiii-face-off

I already posted that...

Datastorm

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #147 on: March 09, 2010, 10:07:00 AM »

Oh, okay, sorry about that....

doh
Saviour

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #148 on: March 10, 2010, 12:04:26 AM »

Not sure about you guys but I was trying to pick up a second copy of the PS3 version and Best Buy, Future Shop and one EBGames did not have any except a shitload of the 360 version.  Then I managed to track down a copy at an isolated EBGames. Gamers are smart shoppers. Extreme quote!!!!

Finished RPG Count: 90
Robert Boyd

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #149 on: March 11, 2010, 04:02:31 PM »

Playing the 360 version and I can't complain. Maybe the PS3 version looks a little better, but the 360 version is still the best looking videogame I've ever played.

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: