Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 01, 2014, 08:10:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
327941 Posts in 13428 Topics by 2169 Members
Latest Member: KopeAcetic
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  12 y/o Jailed for Drawing on Desk
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print
Author Topic: 12 y/o Jailed for Drawing on Desk  (Read 4372 times)
Lucca
AMG A GIRL

SUGAR PEAS!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: February 20, 2010, 07:47:39 PM »

The topic speaks for itself, so let me indulge a pessimistic angle here.

The teacher probably had it out for the child.  At work, if you suddenly notice yourself getting talked to about seemingly insignificant flubs, you are on the way to getting fired.  You can't quantify laziness, but if your register is off by a dime, there is a record of it.  They don't need to care about a dime, but they do care about your general work ethic.  Crimes require hard evidence... perhaps this child finally did *something* that could be used against her.  It was something insignificant, but still something.

Otherwise it's too stupid.  Funny how my rose colored glasses would prefer a 12 year old be a bad child just so that the world makes sense.

I can believe that, though I'm thinking its probably the principal who's out to get the child since I doubt that the teacher has the power to actually get a child arrested.

It might not even be directed at the child itself. A school that has been pretty inefficient at controlling problem behaviors will easily do a complete 180 if enough administrators and parents complain. Kids just unfortunately get caught in a zealous crossfire to save face. And yeah...sadly I've seen this, though no where NEAR to this extent. This is just hardcore stupid.

Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: February 23, 2010, 05:38:21 AM »

It's like being in a Ace Attorney game.

Which terrifies and disgusts me.

Pages: 1 2 [3] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: