Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2014, 08:57:41 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
319698 Posts in 13046 Topics by 2147 Members
Latest Member: TacoBell_Lord
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  its kind of incredible that....
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: its kind of incredible that....  (Read 4128 times)
Alisha

Z0eila@hotmail.com Z0eila
View Profile

Ignore
« on: February 23, 2010, 08:00:11 PM »

Algus to this day still reigns as the king of all rpg douchebags. hes one of the few rpg characters i took pleasure in killing. Nash from lunar is kinda close but i never got the honor of killing him =(

“Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from.”
Dincrest
RPGFan Editor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2010, 08:58:41 PM »

Biggest RPG a-hole that immediately comes to mind is Beclem in FFX-2.  Making Yuna put him in his place was nice.  I wanted to jump into the screen and punch him. 

I approve of this nonsense!
Gen Eric Gui

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2010, 11:21:08 PM »

I dunno, Archibald Grimms from Super Robot Taisen OG2 is equally as big a douchebag, and he's got a lot more time in the story to flaunt it.

Not only does this dude have the gall to commit the greatest sin possible for a space-station inhabitant (Use of poison gas to attack a colony) but he forced Elzam to shoot his own wife and then applies layer upon layer of twisted logic to absolve himself of guilt while simultaneously blaming Elzam for her death.  He single-handedly fucked up half a space colony, nearly half the planet earth, ripped apart one of the most prestigious families in all of space, and let's not even mention all the random citizens he gassed and loaded into explosion zones just because he felt like doing it.

What the hell did Algus do?  Hate lower-caste citizens and kill Delita's sister?  That's fucking diddly.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2010, 11:27:03 PM by Gen Eric Gui » Logged
Dizzy

死ぬがよい

awe.of.she.1@gmail.com
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2010, 11:35:01 PM »

What the hell did Algus do?  Hate lower-caste citizens and kill Delita's sister?  That's fucking diddly.
While that may be so, I kinda thought Teta was a sweet-heart, and felt sorry for Delita. Must be some sort of silly moe thing, that got me outraged back in the day when it happened. I don't even remember anymore. :P

Though, I must say, I think the only RPG character that I REALLY wanted to kill, was Pokey of Earthbound/Mother fame. Like, REALLY wanted to kill.

Also Gizel Godwin. I really wanted get Lymsleia away from his greasy hands. ;l
« Last Edit: February 24, 2010, 12:47:31 AM by Dizzy » Logged

Hidoshi
RPGFan's Open Source Field Agent

Built This House

clothothespinner@hotmail.com BrandingRune
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2010, 11:37:31 PM »

EVERY disaster that occurs in this WORLD can be traced BACK to those FILTHY GODWIN DEVILS! The recent increase in rats! Periodic FLOODING! UNSEASONABLY invasive PLANT GROWTHS! ALL GODWIN PLOTS!
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2010, 12:10:38 AM »

Remember that RPG with Hitler in it? Persona 2: Innocent Sin, I think it was called?

</godwin>

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Gen Eric Gui

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2010, 12:22:43 AM »

EVERY disaster that occurs in this WORLD can be traced BACK to those FILTHY GODWIN DEVILS! The recent increase in rats! Periodic FLOODING! UNSEASONABLY invasive PLANT GROWTHS! ALL GODWIN PLOTS!

YEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS  <3 Egbert.

@Dizzy: I didn't mean to insinuate that Algus wasn't a complete asshole, but to claim he's the king of them all is kind of stretching it when we've had some real fucking twats in games since and even before.

I also agree with Pokey SO HARD.  Jesus what an asshole.  Especially taking the events of Mother 3 into consideration.
xellos2099

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2010, 01:14:11 AM »

Godwin are surely bastard, but no doubt his follower ala evil queen's knight is more of a bastard then Godiwn.  I can't accept what Godwin did but they did it for the good of the country in their heart.  Screw it, let just say Luca Blight is the BIGGEST evil bastard of all. 
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2010, 03:02:39 AM »

Wait who's godwin? I like, Godwin's Lawed my post but I mean I'm just confused now.

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

MereMare

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2010, 03:09:39 AM »

Wait who's godwin? I like, Godwin's Lawed my post but I mean I'm just confused now.

Godwin is one of the enemies in Suikoden V.

OBJECTION!
wildcard

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2010, 04:56:36 AM »

I actually kind of liked Gizel. He wasn't really that much of a bastard, but rather one using his own means to archive what he believed right. Nothing wrong with that, even thought everyone else disagreed with is ways.

I agree that Luca Blight is the biggest evil bastard I know. -.-

Godwin senior (father of gizel) and the father of Euram really were annoying assholes. And that guy Gizel used as his gladiator... What was his name? Childerich or something like that. Taking him down was fun and enjoyable :3
Gen Eric Gui

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2010, 10:07:19 AM »

Well the problem here is that most of these characters had legitimate reasons for feeling the way they did, although not particularly for -acting- the way they did.  One of my main criteria for a character just being a dickhole is that they don't have a reason for feeling the way they do, they're just that way because they feel like it.

For example, Luca Blight watched his mother get raped by city-state bandits, so he harbored hatred for everyone in the city states and wanted to just kill them all.  Childerich was just fucking nuts and wanted to kill people just to do it.  Childerich is the twat, Luca's just a good villain.
Dizzy

死ぬがよい

awe.of.she.1@gmail.com
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2010, 10:15:31 AM »

Actually, just to elaborate on why I wanted to get rid of Gizel so badly: While he was working for the good of the nation in mind, he did a lot of things that I'd just want to beat his ass for. So I'm not saying that I particularly HATE him, but I find that he is a great example of a "love to hate" kind of character. In other words, he is awesome and authentically a great character, BUT OMFG DON'T TOUCH LYM! :l

Fadedsun

Sunny Summoner

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: February 24, 2010, 01:32:43 PM »

Biggest RPG douchebag? For me, it has to be Pokey from Earthbound. His presence annoys me. He was s douchebag from the very start of the game, and you can't help but hate him more and more as the game progresses.

"Oh, a hunter..."
Dincrest
RPGFan Editor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: February 24, 2010, 04:08:29 PM »

Ahh Pokey.  The epitome of every bully fat kid you ever hated in elementary school.  Perhaps it's telling that I forgot about him. 

Gen Eric- I'm with you in that my definition of a jackhole/d-bag character is one whose jackhole/d-bagness is "just because" and not because of some legitimately justifiable reason.  That's why I chose Beclem.  He was just an asshole for the sake of being an asshole.  And though he was the biggest asshole to Yuna, he was a total asshole to everyone else too.

I approve of this nonsense!
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: