Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 01, 2014, 06:57:29 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
327985 Posts in 13431 Topics by 2169 Members
Latest Member: KopeAcetic
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  its kind of incredible that....
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: its kind of incredible that....  (Read 4169 times)
Alisha

Z0eila@hotmail.com Z0eila
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: February 25, 2010, 04:46:33 PM »

maybe Algus just pissed me off more because im a member of a few minorities and he came off as a racist/biggot. i totally forgot about the dude from SRW OG2. though he comes off as a psychopath.

“Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from.”
Spoony Mage
I aim to misbehave.

I also aim to please and shoot to kill.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: February 27, 2010, 03:13:05 PM »

Ah yes, SRWOG2.  Archibald was just an amusing psychopath who needed to get his ass kicked badly (it was very pleasurable watching the Badass Branstein Brothers(TM) do just that). 

The one I REALLY hated was Aguila Setome from The School.  All the crap she put the Boosted Children (Arado, Seolla, Latooni, and Ouka) through, plus the mind games she attempted on the Kobayashi sisters put me in such a rage.  It made me very happy to see the old bitch die, though I was also crying for poor Ouka.  I really hate mind games.

Support Silent Protagonists!
At least SOMEONE knows when to shut up!
Lucca
AMG A GIRL

SUGAR PEAS!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: February 27, 2010, 04:57:22 PM »

I'm probably in the extreme minority (IE: Only me) but I find myself wanting to beat Seifer's ass in FFVIII this time around. He's actually go great development until the end of disc 1, then he's a mindless puppet and his use of the term 'chickenwuss' makes me really want to beat his ass to the ground.

Oh, and like everyone else, I hate Pokey.

Dincrest
Onoda
RPGFan Editor

Lieutenant Commander Vacation

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: February 27, 2010, 05:37:05 PM »

Seifer started out as the school bully, then just became a toady to Blair Witch.  He was Scut Farkus, then got demoted to Grover Dill.  Admittedly I did laugh like Nelson Muntz when it was revealed that
Code:
Seifer had dated Rinoa prior to her meeting Squall.  I laughed, "Ha ha Squall, your rival boinked the girl before you did!"

I sometimes used to wonder why Fujin hung out with Seif and Raijin since she was smarter and had more common sense than they did.  Of course, once again, Mooncalf provided me the answer: http://mooncalf.org/library/parody/fujinsayshi.html

"Immortality is a manga artist without deadlines.  Without deadlines, the manga artist will never get the job done."
   -Battle Angel Alita: Last Order, Phase 58
Spoony Mage
I aim to misbehave.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: February 27, 2010, 06:49:44 PM »

Seifer started out as the school bully, then just became a toady to Blair Witch.  He was Scut Farkus, then got demoted to Grover Dill.  Admittedly I did laugh like Nelson Muntz when it was revealed that
Code:
Seifer had dated Rinoa prior to her meeting Squall.  I laughed, "Ha ha Squall, your rival boinked the girl before you did!"

That's something you don't see often in RPGs...at least JRPGs. 
Code:
Main characters who've actually dated before meeting the supposed love interest.
I sometimes used to wonder why Fujin hung out with Seif and Raijin since she was smarter and had more common sense than they did.  Of course, once again, Mooncalf provided me the answer: http://mooncalf.org/library/parody/fujinsayshi.html
Genius!  Fujin is definitely the Sadist of the group.  You know the boys love it when she gets violent.

Gen Eric Gui

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: February 27, 2010, 08:58:07 PM »

Ah yes, SRWOG2.  Archibald was just an amusing psychopath who needed to get his ass kicked badly (it was very pleasurable watching the Badass Branstein Brothers(TM) do just that). 

The one I REALLY hated was Aguila Setome from The School.  All the crap she put the Boosted Children (Arado, Seolla, Latooni, and Ouka) through, plus the mind games she attempted on the Kobayashi sisters put me in such a rage.  It made me very happy to see the old bitch die, though I was also crying for poor Ouka.  I really hate mind games.

Oh, yeah.  Fuck Agilla.  I hated that bitch.

Adler Koch too.  Bastard deserved what he got after messing with my three favorite characters.

...there were a lot of complete twats in SRT, weren't there?
Spoony Mage
I aim to misbehave.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: February 27, 2010, 09:22:05 PM »

And those were just in the OGverse.  Need we go into the ones created for installments with the anime-based mechs, like the @ games?

Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: March 01, 2010, 02:48:17 AM »

Oh, yeah.  Fuck Agilla.  I hated that bitch.

Adler Koch too.  Bastard deserved what he got after messing with my three favorite characters.

And yet noone mentions smug asshat Leo. ;_;

Also Shuu (for completely different reasons).

You've misunderstood me. I just seek your death only because you're in the way of my goal of world conquest. I can't help it that I have evil ambitions and am named Dark Lord. Honest.
Gen Eric Gui

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: March 01, 2010, 08:17:29 AM »

I don't remember seeing a Leo on the GBA games.  Which game is he from?

And Shuu isn't really a twat.  All he does is help the party.  Even in the main series that he's from, from what I understand all his twatishness is just a misunderstanding on Masaki's part.

Although I hear that all changes in OGG.
Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: March 01, 2010, 09:02:20 AM »

I don't remember seeing a Leo on the GBA games.  Which game is he from?

And Shuu isn't really a twat.  All he does is help the party.  Even in the main series that he's from, from what I understand all his twatishness is just a misunderstanding on Masaki's part.

Although I hear that all changes in OGG.

Lee. it was Lee. Captain of the Shirogane.

As for Shuu, look up the conditions of the final battle in SRW4 where you choose to fight him, and tell me that isn't a dick move on somebody's part.

Spoilers for the lazy:
Code:
He comes in on the Neo Granzon and summons five Valcions all of which clock in at level 99. Also, everyone on your side starts with only 50 Spirit. Also also, should Shuu's HP drop below 20000 he'll automatically regenerate to full health. Also also also there are two other chumps with him at levels 58 and 60.

And of course, its all of this plus the fact that you're playing SRW4 which most likely lacks some of the more modern gameplay mechanics that the later games enjoy.

You've misunderstood me. I just seek your death only because you're in the way of my goal of world conquest. I can't help it that I have evil ambitions and am named Dark Lord. Honest.
Gen Eric Gui

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: March 01, 2010, 10:48:01 AM »

Well, Lee had good intentions.  He was just a jerk about it and took the wrong path.  I can kind of see him being labeled that way though.

And that Shuu battle just sounds like the devs being jerks, like if you try to win the first fight with the Inspectors in OG2.  It doesn't really say anything about Shuu unless there's something more to the conditions of the battle.
Alisha

Z0eila@hotmail.com Z0eila
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: March 01, 2010, 05:24:24 PM »

the thing about lee though is that he killed daitetsu.....he totally deserved a 5 digit ramage ghost.

“Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from.”
xellos2099

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: March 04, 2010, 03:45:07 AM »

And Lee got what he deserve.... getting screw in the ass by a giant drill, literally. 

Aside from Lee, Shion from Xenosaga 3 is PRETTY annoying, some of the things she said to Jin and Allen are so horrible I almost want to punch my tv to hit her in the face.  I was cheering when you can finally beat her ass good at the end. 
Dincrest
Onoda
RPGFan Editor

Lieutenant Commander Vacation

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: March 04, 2010, 08:42:20 AM »

Even though I freaking loathed Shion, she didn't strike me as a female version of a tool or douchebag.  I think "douchette" is the term the kiddies use these days.  Shion was not mean spirited (at least never intentionally) but she was immature.  She was a grown woman acting like a petulant 13 year-old and needed to do a LOT of growing up.  I've said this before, but I could forgive many of Shion's negative traits in Rinoa (another simpering weenie chick I couldn't stand) because Rinoa was a sheltered teenager and a "military brat." 

Although I'm only a handful of hours into the game, Nine in Last Rebellion comes off as douchey for no good reason.  He's douchey just for the sake of being douchey, and it exasperates Aisha to no end.  So for now, I'll put Nine in the company of Beclem (whom I suggested) and Pokey (whom I wholeheartedly agree with.)

"Immortality is a manga artist without deadlines.  Without deadlines, the manga artist will never get the job done."
   -Battle Angel Alita: Last Order, Phase 58
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: