Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
February 10, 2016, 08:05:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Check out the latest RPG news!
377133 Posts in 15097 Topics by 2334 Members
Latest Member: Malekoth
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Anime, TV, and Movies
| | |-+  Recently watched Episodes of TELEVISION BOX offerings!
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 116 117 [118] Print
Author Topic: Recently watched Episodes of TELEVISION BOX offerings!  (Read 218676 times)
Dice
I'm fart and I'm smunny
AMG A GIRL

...AND STEVEN.

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #1755 on: December 15, 2015, 01:52:56 AM »

Yeah, I haven't seen the whole series but it shows he has some more skill than his standup.

Good taste in clothes would rank...!

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633
http://dice963.tumblr.com/

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
RAINBOW PIXEL POWER!!!
Yoda
Fear is the Mind Killer

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1756 on: December 17, 2015, 11:23:07 AM »

FInally started Silicon Valley.  This is awesome. Great dialog
Ranadiel

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1757 on: December 18, 2015, 06:25:43 AM »

Finished catching up with Agents of Shield yesterday. Series finale was good. Very curious as to who the Inhuman on the planet was.
glassjawsh

has never been involved in a land war in Asia

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #1758 on: December 25, 2015, 03:36:26 PM »

I'll briefly weigh in on Jessica Jones by saying that it's incredibly well done except for how preposterously awful Mike Colter is as Luke Cage.

Either he's just that bad of an actor who only got the role because he looks like a linebacker or the writer/director of the series intentionally intended for him to half ass the part.

Cringe worthy.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2015, 03:42:48 PM by glassjawsh » Logged

Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1759 on: January 05, 2016, 07:58:50 PM »

New Steven Universe episodes are on. I had a good chuckle at today's, won't spoil it though. Pretty good stuff.

TASTY!
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1760 on: January 09, 2016, 05:18:27 PM »

New Steven Universe episodes are on. I had a good chuckle at today's, won't spoil it though. Pretty good stuff.

without having seen the new eps i was gonna crack wise about being confused by peridot trying to assassinate ronald reagan to impress fluttershy but I think there's a way to interpret that as an actual spoiler from what I've picked up on tumblr while trying to post pictures of cheese to my blog.

-- edit --

Just saw the episode I didn't want to spoil, and it's more like Peridot tried to impress Ronald Reagan to impress Jodie Foster but then it didn't work so she tried to assassinate Ronald Reagan and Jodie Foster was actually way into it.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2016, 05:20:45 PM by MeshGearFox » Logged

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

OrsonFury

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1761 on: January 12, 2016, 02:55:30 PM »

Finally an "update" from CBS on the status of the half ordered 13 episodes of Person of Interest. The show will finally return this year and air this spring. It isn't confirmed as far as I know, but it would appear that season 5 may very well be the final season. http://tvline.com/2016/01/12/person-of-interest-season-5-premiere-date/. I hope the show gets a grand send off if it's to be the final season.
Arvis

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1762 on: January 13, 2016, 12:06:17 PM »

Finally an "update" from CBS on the status of the half ordered 13 episodes of Person of Interest. The show will finally return this year and air this spring. It isn't confirmed as far as I know, but it would appear that season 5 may very well be the final season. http://tvline.com/2016/01/12/person-of-interest-season-5-premiere-date/. I hope the show gets a grand send off if it's to be the final season.

Amen.  And thank you for bringing up the most underrated show on tv.  POI is the best show I have seen since Firefly.  Fortunately, it WAS hugely popular, but I think a lot of its viewers finally clued in to the fact that it wasn't actually a police procedural, but was only pretending to be.

Current RPG - Xenoblade Chronicles X
OrsonFury

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1763 on: January 14, 2016, 03:10:56 PM »

Amen.  And thank you for bringing up the most underrated show on tv. POI is the best show I have seen since Firefly.  Fortunately, it WAS hugely popular, but I think a lot of its viewers finally clued in to the fact that it wasn't actually a police procedural, but was only pretending to be.

Underrated for sure. One of the ways I really think POI shines is the way technology plays a role as a plot device as it will relate to a number that is drawn or the big picture like AI and the machine (and Samaritan). There have been several episodes where the plot hits home personally with the viewer in terms of society as a whole, government and how people of all ages come to grips with privacy on the internet and the level of "access" we grant technology when we choose to use it. Be it computers, browsers, mobile phones, social media, websites, search engines and vulnerability to hacking/viruses/botnets. Cryptocurrencies... I mean when you think of the level and speed of innovation... There's enough content to keep this show going a while longer if the writing is consistent and focused.

My theory as to why CBS half ordered a season and is purposely delaying airing Season 5 is that the writers may have writer's block or conflicting opinions on where the direction of the show should go or conclude with a perfect ending. There's also the case of contracts, so who knows what is going behind doors in negotiating salaries for the top billed cast for each additional season. Last time I checked ratings seemed fine, so I'm not sure what more they're looking to see happen there. If you watched the final episode of Season 4 you'll get the drift that they tried to tie up loose ends with the main arcs, but in the process the team seems lost with their identities and how to protect themselves as a unit from multiple parties who don't want the machine to exist.

Whatever direction they take it, I'll continue to wait in anticipation to watch how it all ends.
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1764 on: January 14, 2016, 03:17:42 PM »

without having seen the new eps i was gonna crack wise about being confused by peridot trying to assassinate ronald reagan to impress fluttershy but I think there's a way to interpret that as an actual spoiler from what I've picked up on tumblr while trying to post pictures of cheese to my blog.

-- edit --

Just saw the episode I didn't want to spoil, and it's more like Peridot tried to impress Ronald Reagan to impress Jodie Foster but then it didn't work so she tried to assassinate Ronald Reagan and Jodie Foster was actually way into it.
...thid is the first time your odd post has actually been crystal clear to me.

TASTY!
Arvis

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1765 on: January 14, 2016, 03:39:16 PM »

Amen.  And thank you for bringing up the most underrated show on tv. POI is the best show I have seen since Firefly.  Fortunately, it WAS hugely popular, but I think a lot of its viewers finally clued in to the fact that it wasn't actually a police procedural, but was only pretending to be.

Underrated for sure. One of the ways I really think POI shines is the way technology plays a role as a plot device as it will relate to a number that is drawn or the big picture like AI and the machine (and Samaritan). There have been several episodes where the plot hits home personally with the viewer in terms of society as a whole, government and how people of all ages come to grips with privacy on the internet and the level of "access" we grant technology when we choose to use it. Be it computers, browsers, mobile phones, social media, websites, search engines and vulnerability to hacking/viruses/botnets. Cryptocurrencies... I mean when you think of the level and speed of innovation... There's enough content to keep this show going a while longer if the writing is consistent and focused.

My theory as to why CBS half ordered a season and is purposely delaying airing Season 5 is that the writers may have writer's block or conflicting opinions on where the direction of the show should go or conclude with a perfect ending. There's also the case of contracts, so who knows what is going behind doors in negotiating salaries for the top billed cast for each additional season. Last time I checked ratings seemed fine, so I'm not sure what more they're looking to see happen there. If you watched the final episode of Season 4 you'll get the drift that they tried to tie up loose ends with the main arcs, but in the process the team seems lost with their identities and how to protect themselves as a unit from multiple parties who don't want the machine to exist.

Whatever direction they take it, I'll continue to wait in anticipation to watch how it all ends.

*heavy sigh*

At this point, as long as the characters stay believable, I don't care what they DO, as long as they're doing SOMETHING.  I'd watch this cast go bowling.

I am curious if Sarah Shahi is partially responsible for the hold up in airing/creating Season 5?

Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1766 on: January 20, 2016, 03:03:51 AM »

Agent Carter: Gee, I wonder if the woman who's last name is Frost is somehow responsible for all of this Cold and Ice? Of course, there's always the Legion of Hydra, but that seems like something that nobody's going to be dealing with for a long time.

That said, it was a good start to the new season, even if we've gone from "What can a woman do?" to "What can a black guy do?" and shoehorned romance seems to be in the air.

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Arvis

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1767 on: January 20, 2016, 09:02:28 AM »

I am planning on watching Agent Carter tonight.  Very excited about it!

Close to finishing up the latest (and possibly last?) season of Doc Martin.  What an amazing, funny, peculiar, touching show.  The cast is just so... strange.

OrsonFury

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1768 on: January 26, 2016, 01:08:32 PM »

Anyone watching The X-Files 6-episode event?

Interesting that they're back after all the years of being off television and time passed since the movies. The good news about it only being six episodes? The production quality is high and it shows. Pretty cool to see this show revived. I can still remember being 11 or 12 when this first aired and thinking I was probably too young to be watching this show as it probably gave me bad dreams about aliens and genetically modified people, haha. 

I wonder if the 6-episode order is for Fox to test the waters to see if it's worth bringing Mulder and Skully back for a full season or another movie. The chemistry is still there between Mulder and Skully and with two episodes in, it's been a fun ride wondering where the plot is leading to already.

The mysterious "smoking man" is back, but it really isn't clear what he's doing. I thought he blew up or died previously in the show or movie? eh... but whatever.

Skinner hasn't changed much. I think the hard part is filling in all the blanks after the X-Files was closed previously. Particularly with Mulder and Skully's estranged work/romantic relationship. I don't remember them marrying or having a child together, but it's been years since I've watched any X-Files content.

This new mini-revival does its best to fill in the history and bring the audience to the present. I like how they convey how the government has more power than ever now for surveillance and how concerned the average citizen should be.
Daggerstrike
Rainbow Club Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1769 on: Today at 12:40:39 AM »

Watching the Flash and I have a theory as to who Zoom is.
Code:
I think he is Wally from Earth 2. Wally talked about feeling the need to go faster and that it just wasn't enough. Now this could be a nod to him becoming the Flash later or him being zoom in earth 2. My other thought is Jay Garricks double, Hunter Zolomon from Earth 1. Since Zolomon was Zoom in the comics. If it is anyone else I will be hugely surprised.

All right, we are going to use a fan brush here and uh why don't you take some hunter green and we are going to put a happy little bush right down over here in the corner there and that'll just be our little secret and if you tell anyone that that bush is there I will come to your house and I will cut you.
Pages: 1 ... 116 117 [118] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: