Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 24, 2015, 11:47:19 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Have a great 2015 from all of us at RPGfan. :)
355653 Posts in 14454 Topics by 2261 Members
Latest Member: Lobe
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Anime, TV, and Movies
| | |-+  Anime/Manga Journal
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 215 216 [217] Print
Author Topic: Anime/Manga Journal  (Read 363183 times)
Dice
I'm fart and I'm smunny
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #3240 on: May 16, 2015, 06:34:12 PM »

I watched Illyasvail's (hardest name to type) gettin 'hurt'.  That was a rough watch but I wish they committed more to it.  I hope they put up the current season on [Canadian] Netflix like they did for Zero --- it was a while since I was so into an anime like that.

http://www.super-groupies.com/feature/detail.php?id=150
I love checking out Super Groupies for cool and relatively stylish anime-inspired gear.... but these Tokyo Ghoul shoes are super unsettling.  Bravo SG!

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633
http://dice963.tumblr.com/

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
RAINBOW PIXEL POWER!!!
dalucifer0
시발놈

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3241 on: May 16, 2015, 06:58:52 PM »

The reason why anime characters all look the same is depict reality since all of us Asians look the exact same.

-----

I've been watching Ace of the Diamond, finishing the first series in a week. Now I'm caught up with the second season, and it sucks waiting a week for a new episode.
Hathen

FORUM IDIOT

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3242 on: May 17, 2015, 06:31:12 AM »

A friend recommended Log Horizon to me after hearing that I was a big fan of .HACK//SIGN.

I've heard there's something of a "fad" right now centered around people getting stuck in video games, but I don't really see that given that the only two recent ones I know of are this show and Sword Art Online (which I have not watched, but probably will at some point). Two shows isn't really a fad.

Anyway I'm up to episode 13 of this show, and I'm of mixed feelings on it right now. There's some interesting ideas thrown around here and there but I have a lot of problems with how its being executed. When the show's not throwing unfunny jokes and tired character archetypes at me many of the characters don't feel like they're acting natural at all given the situation they're in, and the show keeps acting as if the main character is brilliant when in fact he's maybe slightly more resourceful than the typical guy while everyone else is an idiot.

Despite my gripes I still feel positively about the show overall, in the hope they'll expand on some of the more interesting ideas presented.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2015, 06:33:45 AM by Hathen » Logged
Ranadiel

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3243 on: May 17, 2015, 06:39:20 AM »

Watched The World God Only Knows: Goddesses yesterday. Oh geez, I wish the manga had gotten an official release. This season was fun. I really wish that the last arc could get an anime adaptation. I strongly doubt that is going to happen at this point. *sigh*

Currently using Gundam Seed Destiny as background noise while playing Fire Emblem Awakening. Shinn is still annoying. Cagali is still poorly handled. And the Impulse is still conceptually worse than the Strike. >.>
Annubis

ee yan~☆

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3244 on: May 17, 2015, 09:08:05 AM »

I've heard there's something of a "fad" right now centered around people getting stuck in video games, but I don't really see that given that the only two recent ones I know of are this show and Sword Art Online (which I have not watched, but probably will at some point). Two shows isn't really a fad.

That's because most of them are light novels (SAO was one too initially). There's a toooooooooooooooooooooon of them and slowly but surely they are getting mangas and anime.
The anime Overlord in the summer season is one of those. Same with Gate.
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #3245 on: May 19, 2015, 02:37:45 AM »

That's because most of them are light novels (SAO was one too initially). There's a toooooooooooooooooooooon of them and slowly but surely they are getting mangas and anime.

And if you include web novels...oh god.  I swear it's harder to find a Japanese web novel that isn't about getting stuck in some sort of video game world these days...

Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3246 on: May 19, 2015, 07:08:02 AM »

And if you include web novels...oh god.  I swear it's harder to find a Japanese web novel that isn't about getting stuck in some sort of video game world these days...

And Korea's been getting in on it too with stuff like The Gamer (although that one in particular is more about taking video game rules out of an MMO and into RL).

Anyways, while I'm here:

Finished: Nichijou. I'm going to miss this one. Some of the bits were downright hilarious and it didn't overstay its welcome (like Bobobo) or was hamstrung by having exactly one joke to tell endlessly (again, like Bobobo). The bit with the Shrine falling apart was probably my favorite.

Started: Heavy Metal L-Gaim. One of the more 80s-ish of giant robot animes I've seen so far. Only one episode in thus far but it feels like Xabungle, only less ridiculous (L-Gaim's controls aren't like that of a big rig and we've already got an amputation, which got fix up pretty quickly).

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Mickeymac92

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3247 on: May 20, 2015, 12:35:04 PM »

Started: Heavy Metal L-Gaim.

Oh this going to be fun...

http://myanimelist.net/profile/mickeymac92

“MY NAME IS POKEY THE PENGUIN I LOVE CHESS!! IT IS LIKE BALLET ONLY WITH MORE EXPLOSIONS!”
mecharobot

Thunder of the dogs! INDIGNATION

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3248 on: May 21, 2015, 12:17:15 AM »

I should watch that one too, since it's probably the closest thing there ever will be to a fully animated Five Star Stories.

However, I started watching Gear Fighter Dendoh instead, the supposed would-be-last Yuusha-show that didn't end up as a part of the franchise. I've heard many say it's a hidden gem on par with GaoGaiGar and I'm digging the action and tech detail (dem tires yo). There also seems to be a ROBOT UNICORN in this and I'm really hoping that Dendoh will be riding it (though likely it'll be just a gadget). The only thing I'm really missing is a manly pilot screaming like crazy.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2015, 12:19:44 AM by mecharobot » Logged
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3249 on: May 21, 2015, 01:39:59 AM »

Started: Heavy Metal L-Gaim.

Oh this going to be fun...

Don't hold your breath, I'm takin this one slow.

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Mickeymac92

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3250 on: May 21, 2015, 12:45:07 PM »

I remember watching Gear Fighter Dendoh. Or at least the first two episodes, which was all I could find at the time. It seemed okay, but one that would get much cooler as it progressed. (I spoiled myself by watching a late Opening)

http://myanimelist.net/profile/mickeymac92

“MY NAME IS POKEY THE PENGUIN I LOVE CHESS!! IT IS LIKE BALLET ONLY WITH MORE EXPLOSIONS!”
Annubis

ee yan~☆

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3251 on: May 22, 2015, 12:13:17 AM »

I just learned that the Hataraku Maou-sama novels are getting an official translation.

http://www.amazon.com/Devil-Part-Timer-Vol-1/dp/0316383120/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1432267948&sr=8-1

How many others get that?? I don't recall much of this ever happening.

EDIT: waitasec... No Game No Life... Log Horizon... that one crappy dungeon one... SAO... I apparently missed this entire trend.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2015, 12:18:41 AM by Annubis » Logged
Ranadiel

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3252 on: Today at 06:50:49 AM »

Finally decided to watch Gundam Wing again after having not seen it for close to two decades...it aged better than I was afraid it was going to. I'm going to be comparing it to Gundam Seed a little since that is the series I watched immediately before. While both of them have five Gundams and rely on reused footage during battles, it really is a lot less noticeable in Wing since they change up which suits are fighting each episode while in Seed the exact same suits repeat the exact same moves every episode. Also while the art of Wing is not as clean as Seed, I do have to say that Wing does look great.

As for Wing itself, I am enjoying it. I don't think I ever saw the full series in order when it was on Toonami, and there are a few episodes that make a little more sense when I see them in proper order. I'm Sally Poe a bit more this watching (for w/e reason I almost always missed the episode she is introduced in) and I am finding Noine (sp) to be annoying. Next episode should be the duel at the South Pole, so that should be fun.
Pages: 1 ... 215 216 [217] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: