Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 05, 2015, 07:10:15 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Have a great 2015 from all of us at RPGfan. :)
347364 Posts in 14168 Topics by 2235 Members
Latest Member: chiefjim
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Anime, TV, and Movies
| | |-+  Recently watched Episodes of TELEVISION BOX offerings!
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 102 103 [104] Print
Author Topic: Recently watched Episodes of TELEVISION BOX offerings!  (Read 149816 times)
Yoda
Son of Dad

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1545 on: February 25, 2015, 12:39:26 PM »

Fantastic last episode. I wasnt a fan of them
showing jerry's funeral tho.

Yeah the first season was weak but the rest was pure gold.  But youre wrong, season 6 was great. cones of dunshire, 'nuff said
OrsonFury

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1546 on: February 25, 2015, 06:31:19 PM »

Got the final two episodes of Agent Carter to catch up on this week. But for now this piece of information caught my attention:
http://mashable.com/2015/02/25/ducktales-is-returning-to-tv-in-2017/

Playing: Donkey Kong Country (3DS) and Captain Toad (Wii U).
natros
Misanthropic Humanist

Taking it from you while you sleep.

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #1547 on: February 26, 2015, 03:44:34 PM »

^ My biggest concern with that (aside from the fact that the original aired almost 30 years ago) is that Alan Young will be like 3-4 years shy of a full hundo when they start producing this. I'm doubtful he'll be up to voicing a full-on series. Hopefully, the (likely) new voice actor will be faithful to Young's interpretation.
I'm not holding out any hope for the reboot in general, but hopefully, I'll be pleasantly surprised.
Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #1548 on: February 26, 2015, 06:54:30 PM »

^ My biggest concern with that (aside from the fact that the original aired almost 30 years ago) is that Alan Young will be like 3-4 years shy of a full hundo when they start producing this. I'm doubtful he'll be up to voicing a full-on series. Hopefully, the (likely) new voice actor will be faithful to Young's interpretation.
I'm not holding out any hope for the reboot in general, but hopefully, I'll be pleasantly surprised.

If Disney is good at one thing, it's finding voice actors to always keep their characters sounding the same. I'm sure the same will apply here.
natros
Misanthropic Humanist

Taking it from you while you sleep.

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #1549 on: February 27, 2015, 09:57:50 AM »

If Disney is good at one thing, it's finding voice actors to always keep their characters sounding the same. I'm sure the same will apply here.

That is true. Time will tell, of course.
Dincrest
Analogy spouting
RPGFan Editor

I approve of this nonsense!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1550 on: March 01, 2015, 05:48:45 PM »

My voice over coach was telling me that Disney periodically does secret hiring drives to find voice actors who can do spot on impersonations of any of their characters, major or minor, to keep in their closet as understudies.  They first started keeping a stable of backups when Paul Winchell's voice was getting too hoary to continue being Tigger.

I'm sure Jim Henson's workshop does this too.  They probably have a closet full of Kermits they can bring out if the main Kermit gets laryngitis or something.

Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1551 on: March 03, 2015, 04:41:09 AM »

And now I know what people see in goddamn Wrestling. It's like watching a live-action Saturday Morning Cartoon.

I'm still not going to watch it ever again, but at least now I can say why I have zero interest in wrestling.

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
glassjawsh
insolent cur

corn is no place for a mighty warrior

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #1552 on: March 03, 2015, 12:03:44 PM »

And now I know what people see in goddamn Wrestling. It's like watching a live-action Saturday Morning Cartoon.

I'm still not going to watch it ever again, but at least now I can say why I have zero interest in wrestling.

I'm assuming you're referring to this, no?

http://youtu.be/Dn-iHzOZk2M

(Tunnels)
Professional Thinger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1553 on: March 03, 2015, 07:04:19 PM »

Parks and Recreation

That's all folks.

Damn.  After what was truly a terrible, shitty, not-funny first season, the show completely changed gears season 2 and on to deliver some of the great jokes, running gags, quirks, reoccurring guests and normal citizens, and still managed to occasionally be an important and heartfelt show.

The final episode was great.  Really I would have never predicted how to end the series, but I was so happy the show chronicled the lives out the team (and even some of its smaller notables) by jumping ahead into their futures.  I loved all the little details, the good, the bad, the reunions (made better because it just felt like another episode than an actual 'reunion').  My grandfather once said that if he could tell his younger self something, it would be to "not worry as much", and I like that Leslie's "goodbye blues" really aren't founded: She, and everyone, lives a good life.  I love that Garry has the happiest ending and Gale didn't age at all (to Ben's still enduring fascination with her).  I love that Leslie is disappointed to have a building named in her honour because of the building it is.  It was a perfect love letter to fans. 

But, being honest, the show did have a shitty first season, I definitely will admit that a lot of the 6th season fell flat for me as well.  It was entertaining, but the feeling wasn't there as much.  So I thought it was smart and a great final 'hurrah' to end on the 7th season (saying that sounds like a lot, but 3 of the 7 seasons were super short), the ideas stayed fresh.  And I also like that this final season was more of one long build up; the show knows its characters are likeable and passionate, so there was enough material to devote itself to just that.

Still, the show is super great, and super fun, and if you haven't watched it, please do.  It was a great comedy.

Code:
(and...was that a subtle hint for Leslie/Ben's career having some sort of Secret Service fella there?  Schur said it's his "Soprano's 'fade to black')

Code:
I noticed the same thing and I'm totally all in for Knope as the President.
Pages: 1 ... 102 103 [104] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: