Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 08, 2015, 02:40:46 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Check out the latest RPG news!
360689 Posts in 14639 Topics by 2275 Members
Latest Member: Jahmis
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Anime, TV, and Movies
| | |-+  Anime/Manga Journal
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 219 220 [221] Print
Author Topic: Anime/Manga Journal  (Read 374565 times)
Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #3300 on: June 24, 2015, 02:02:34 PM »

Time for one of my extremely rare posts in this thread.

Been watching Persona 4 the Animation and I like it a lot, but there's one thing that bugs me; like genuinely gets under my skin: Aika is supposed to be this "just for fun" character, and yet she sounds more and more depressed every time she makes an appearance. Worse, despite it being super noticeable, none of the other characters seem to give a shit and the script just keeps making her this throwaway gag.
Annubis

ee yan~☆

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3301 on: June 27, 2015, 02:43:26 PM »

We're done with the Archer/Shirou fandom now.
Sakura's turn next.

EDIT: I touched upon it a while back, but I think a reminder would be good: http://anichart.net/summer
Killer season incoming.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2015, 02:45:58 PM by Annubis » Logged
Hathen

FORUM IDIOT

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3302 on: July 01, 2015, 02:10:15 PM »

I finished both seasons of Log Horizon.

It was okay I guess. Didn't care for most of the characters, the jokes are dumb and every time it seemed like things were going to get interesting the show decided to go off on some random tangent that goes nowhere. There's some really good ideas in the show and they're expanded upon slightly, and I wonder if there's better explanations for all this stuff in the novels or something. The show really didn't make me interested enough to bother go reading them though.
Annubis

ee yan~☆

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3303 on: July 04, 2015, 02:01:38 AM »

I'm sorry, but the synopsis of Okusama ga Seitokaichou! is just 120% WTF

« The story begins with Izumi Hayato running to be student body president. But when a beautiful girl swings in promising the liberalization of love while flinging condoms into the audience, he ends up losing to her and becoming the vice president. At the student council meeting, the newly-elected president invites herself over to Izumi's house, where she promptly announces she is to become Izumi's wife thanks to an agreement—facilitated by alcohol—made between their parents when they were only 3. »
Mickeymac92

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3304 on: July 04, 2015, 10:58:22 AM »

:| :D What?

“MY NAME IS POKEY THE PENGUIN I LOVE CHESS!! IT IS LIKE BALLET ONLY WITH MORE EXPLOSIONS!”
I Draw Stuff Sometimes
Annubis

ee yan~☆

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3305 on: July 05, 2015, 05:39:08 PM »

GATE:
******** DESIGN STUFF AGAINST THE MANGA - SKIP IF NOT CARING ABOUT MANGA ********
Right off the bat, I was surprised that they did not follow the character designs from the manga at all.
They're not necessarily bad designs, but everyone seems younger and slimmer =/ and it's not like anyone looked old or fat in the manga... thus it just makes it a bit excessive.
The moe-ification on Rori seems excessive.
Itami doesn't look anywhere near as much of an otaku (You'd expect something a la Urahisma Keitarou - well, near end of serie after his training)
Weirdly enough, they 'slimmed' the chest of the girl known for sporting an ample bust to almost normal looking level while drastically increasing the one of the elf girl.
************************** DESIGN STUFF AGAINST THE MANGA - END **************************
A lot of small details were changed in episode 1 and I guess they wanted to avoid displaying the horrible civilian massacre as described in the source.
It's weird that they start the anime so early (meaning no flashbacks) and seem to be taking it pretty slow.
Overall, I'm hopeful about the serie, but it's hard to even gauge my appreciation of the first episode given how it's so back story heavy.
I'm not sure that's super appealing for anyone new =/
At least episode 2 should be action packed.
Chronix112
Yasunori Mitsuda / Genso Suikoden fanboi

The Pessimistic One

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3306 on: July 07, 2015, 08:28:40 PM »

Watched Chaos Dragon .......some of the worst cg I have ever seen in an anime. Seriously its ps1 level bad in some spots.  The animation was also practically non existent, and the outfits are very JRPGish in a worse then Star Ocean 4 kinda way. Disappointing since Urobutcher and Nasu were involved in this. I will watch and see if this gets better out of morbid curiosity. It definitely did not leave a good impression after episode 1.
behold the dragon.

like what the hell is this

« Last Edit: July 07, 2015, 08:32:15 PM by Chronix112 » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 219 220 [221] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: