Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 31, 2014, 12:29:10 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
335235 Posts in 13726 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Anime, TV, and Movies
| | |-+  Recently Viewed Movies Episode 2: The Vampire Bites Back
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 257 258 [259] Print
Author Topic: Recently Viewed Movies Episode 2: The Vampire Bites Back  (Read 380977 times)
glassjawsh
insolent cur

corn is no place for a mighty warrior

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #3870 on: October 30, 2014, 10:24:06 AM »

The Midnight Meat Train - Not as weird as Lords of Salem, but still pretty weird. I mean, it is based on a Clive Barker story, after all. Brad Cooper plays a struggling photographer, trying to find his big break through pictures he snaps of the city (which I think is supposed to be NY). He starts finding luck through late night excursions, and eventually comes across a well-dressed man he finds interesting. Following that mean leads to some crazy shit. Let's just say it involves late night subway trains and butchering. So yes, this movie is less about being scary, and just goes for straight up gore and violence (YES!!!).

The movie has it's drawbacks: The Commodore 64 designed blood effects, for starters. There were some good practical effects in the film, so I don't know why they didn't just use them for the whole movie. There are some plot holes as well. Some things seem to change drastically, pretty rapidly, and with little or no explanation. The final act really delves into some off the wall Clive Barker-esque mania, but the ending is still pretty interesting, nonetheless. The melodrama in some scenes was a bit excessive, but I understand they were trying to establish certain emotions.

Despite those gripes, I enjoyed the film overall. The acting was good all around.  The dude playing "Mahogany" (can't remember his real name) is effective as a silent and intimidating killer. What he does to dispatch some people is crazy and awesome at the same time. Cooper does a pretty good job. Everyone else could have been played by almost anyone. You can tell the movie was done by a Japanese director. Some scenes (especially the action scenes) have that ..."Japanese feel" to them, for lack of a better phrase.

It was a good time. Not to be taken too seriously (as most horror/slasher movies), of course.

You're thinking of Vinnie Jones aka Bullet Toothed Tony

I only know that movie because of Rampage Jackson's WTF?!?! cameo in it.  He' a massive star in Japan because of his connection to Pride FC, so I get why he was included by a Japanese director, but this fight scene is absolutely horrendous.  http://youtu.be/Et5WyvREkvs

natros
Misanthropic Humanist

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #3871 on: October 30, 2014, 10:50:10 AM »

You're thinking of Vinnie Jones aka Bullet Toothed Tony

I only know that movie because of Rampage Jackson's WTF?!?! cameo in it.  He' a massive star in Japan because of his connection to Pride FC, so I get why he was included by a Japanese director, but this fight scene is absolutely horrendous.  http://youtu.be/Et5WyvREkvs

Yes, Vinnie Jones, thank you. Now Jackson's cameo makes a bit more sense. I was thinking it was a pretty random scene... Not a great fight scene, but definitely not the worst I've seen.
Mr No Legs has that honor: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EwBN7ggX6FQ
Pages: 1 ... 257 258 [259] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: