Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 29, 2014, 04:21:30 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
329917 Posts in 13522 Topics by 2179 Members
Latest Member: Lian_Kazairl
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  2010 Winter Olympics
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: 2010 Winter Olympics  (Read 2862 times)
Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: March 01, 2010, 01:43:21 AM »

CANADA WINS GOLD IN HOCKEY!!!  VICTORY!!  TAKE THAT AMERICA!!! =)
(sorry, had to)

To be fair we did set them up with the Mighty Ducks situation. Since I didn't watch the game myself I can only assume that they had snuck in a ringer (who may or may not have been female according to the MDS (though according to every anime/JRPG ever the ringer had to be some young hotheaded Japanese boy with really improbable hair and is secretly a descendant of the greatest legendary hockey player of all time despite the fact that its literally impossible)) so you're welcome Canada.

Also, what game was Team USA watching!?!?!
« Last Edit: March 01, 2010, 01:47:12 AM by KillerArmoire » Logged

You've misunderstood me. I just seek your death only because you're in the way of my goal of world conquest. I can't help it that I have evil ambitions and am named Dark Lord. Honest.
Hidoshi
RPGFan's Open Source Field Agent

Built This House

clothothespinner@hotmail.com BrandingRune
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: March 01, 2010, 02:14:36 AM »

I think it's the single most aggressive game I've ever seen out of a Canadian team. Especially in Overtime. USA played defence almost the whole time, coming back only twice to take shots (really, really wild, risky ones, even from an objective point of view). But man, when Crosby fired in that corner? The whole place exploded with cheers.
(Tunnels)
Professional Thinger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: March 01, 2010, 02:21:51 AM »

I didn't really watch much of the Olympics, but I was at work today when Canada won the hockey game and the T.V. was on and people were watching. The first thing I hear was, "Yeah you won, but we can still nuke you off the map." I wanted to throw something at him. >:(
kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 01, 2010, 04:06:48 AM »

I think it's the single most aggressive game I've ever seen out of a Canadian team. Especially in Overtime. USA played defence almost the whole time, coming back only twice to take shots (really, really wild, risky ones, even from an objective point of view). But man, when Crosby fired in that corner? The whole place exploded with cheers.

You must have missed the Russia game, because Canada really smoked those guys.

So glad they won. Sure, the 2002 gold was nice too but this one was on home ice.

NANOMACHINES, SON.
Hidoshi
RPGFan's Open Source Field Agent

Built This House

clothothespinner@hotmail.com BrandingRune
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: March 01, 2010, 04:31:08 AM »

I sadly did miss the Russia game. Heard about it though, glad we smoked 'em. :) And heck, now we've made Olympics history with the over-USA win. :D
Booboo

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: March 01, 2010, 08:59:02 AM »

The first thing I hear was, "Yeah you won, but we can still nuke you off the map." I wanted to throw something at him. >:(

Clearly a smart guy, that fellow.

Akanbe-

Cheap? I paid a lot for this hat!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: March 01, 2010, 08:54:30 PM »

You must have missed the Russia game, because Canada really smoked those guys.

So glad they won. Sure, the 2002 gold was nice too but this one was on home ice.

Do you accept Crosby now?

"Karma is...secret top tier"~Starmongoose
PSN ID: Akanbe9
kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 01, 2010, 09:02:56 PM »

Well, I never said he wasn't good. But I don't have to cheer for him until the next Olympics, so...

NANOMACHINES, SON.
Dincrest
RPGFan Editor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: March 01, 2010, 09:10:23 PM »

Say, I heard somewhere that one of the women on the Canadian curling team was 5 months pregnant and actively competed.  That's pretty wild.  I don't know whether that's awesome or foolhardy. 

Next bike-a-thon: PD500 Rock 'n Roll ride (to benefit Parkinson's Disease) October 5, 2014
Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: March 02, 2010, 01:08:13 AM »

Say, I heard somewhere that one of the women on the Canadian curling team was 5 months pregnant and actively competed.  That's pretty wild.  I don't know whether that's awesome or foolhardy. 

WOW! A pregnant lady competes in the Olympics? Stop the pre-wait, curling? Nevermind.

Comeback with a REAL story like somebody skiing over a crotch high tree or post or something.

You've misunderstood me. I just seek your death only because you're in the way of my goal of world conquest. I can't help it that I have evil ambitions and am named Dark Lord. Honest.
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: