Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 22, 2014, 10:38:11 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334689 Posts in 13706 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Multiplayer RPGs
| | |-+  FFXI and FFXIV details from Vanafest!
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: FFXI and FFXIV details from Vanafest!  (Read 4978 times)
Tenchi-no-Ryu
RPGFan's MMO Junkie

TenchiNoRyujin
View Profile

Ignore
« on: February 28, 2010, 06:40:09 AM »

Fresh news from FFXIVCore who were live at Vanafest 2010!

FFXIV Tester Site opening March 11th for those chosen! - Invite notification info still unknown
Beta announced for FFXIV - Details have not yet been completely revealed
New FFXIV gameplay footage - not yet viewable to non-attendants for the moment
Info on the FFXIV Alpha for the FFXI players invited will be sent March 1st

FFXI News
Odin and Alexander as Summons in FFXI!
Level cap increased to 99 in FFXI!
Three Mini Expansions announced
New high level area - Abyssea
Earn AF3 in Abyssea with only a single party!
New gigantic NM and HNM!
Black Mages to possibly learn Meteor!
Many class adjustments - will be detailed later
Hathen

FORUM IDIOT

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2010, 07:39:40 AM »

Heh, I was just about to post this.

Couple things for me:

About half the game is balanced for level 75 players. Are they seriously going to make that all obsolete in the blink of an eye? Just seems kinda dumb to me since just 3 months ago they were still adding level 75 content.

Odin and Alexander sound fun. Abyssea sounds like more nickel and diming bullshit they did with their previous 3 addons, but I'll reserve my judgement.

Anyway, excited as hell for the changes regardless. I guess it was time for FFXI to really reinvent itself.
ShiningHero

Lawlerabs

lightbreakerec@hotmail.com Blazeddc
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2010, 07:40:44 AM »

So the first of the level cap increases will appear in the June update? Wonder if they will continue in increments of five or make it an even bigger increase?

I wish they would of done some of these changes back when I was still playing...
« Last Edit: February 28, 2010, 07:45:15 AM by ShiningHero » Logged

Tenchi-no-Ryu
RPGFan's MMO Junkie

TenchiNoRyujin
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2010, 08:40:15 AM »

Here are more solid details since they just updated the english Vanafest Page.... http://www.playonline.com/ff11us/event/vanafes2010/

FFXIV Beta Testing
With the eagerly anticipated FINAL FANTASY XIV drawing ever nearer its beta test phase, we are excited to announce that we will be conducting a closed alpha test—exclusive to our loyal FINAL FANTASY XI users! Those who have been selected as beta testers can expect to receive further information starting from Monday, March 1. * The tester website is scheduled to go live on Thursday, March 11.

Those who were not selected in this drawing, fear not, for there will be other opportunities to come. Be sure to stay tuned!

There's a ton of information about the next FFXI expansions/job changes etc...

In attendance at the special talk session were Producer Hiromichi Tanaka, Director Koichi Ogawa, Battle Director Akihiko Matsui, planners Yoji Fujito and Mizuki Ito, and Global Online Producer Sage Sundi. The discussion revolved around the new content being planned for the upcoming version update as well as the game's future direction. * All announcements made are for content under development, and thus changes may occur without notice.

Job Adjustments

The job adjustments planned for the March version update have been announced, with further discussions revolving around the future direction of all jobs.

Overall Direction
Up until now, most job adjustments have been implemented with ease of party-forming in mind. From this point onwards, we plan to shift the focus towards ease of participation in endgame content. The role of each job will also come under review.

Currently for instance, the role of debuffing enemies is the exclusive domain of only a few jobs, but we intend to examine ways to enable more professions to perform similar roles, empowering each with the capacity to handle a wider range of situations. Our goal is to achieve—without sacrificing the uniqueness of each job—greater ease of participation in endgame content and provide the opportunity for all participants to contribute equally.

The scope of our vision for job adjustments does not stop there, however. Maintaining battle balance remains one of our highest priorities. As such, we intend to conduct reviews on an ongoing basis and introduce new equipment and adjust weapon skills as necessary. It is anticipated that the level cap increase will impact the balance of certain elements more than others. We will keep a close watch on these areas and, if the situation demands, review and reconsider even the adjustments that have been announced. Our ultimate goal is to provide the most rewarding, balanced play environment possible to all adventurers.

March Version Update Job Adjustments

[ Beastmaster ]  The following changes will be made to enhance the usability of the job ability “Call Beast”:

- New synergy recipes for the creation of consumable items required to perform the ability will be with a higher rate of yield for HQ items.
- Certain ingredients needed to synthesize/synergize the items will become more readily obtainable.

[ Summoner ]  Two new long-awaited avatars, Alexander and Odin will be added. Both new avatars will appear and do the summoner’s bidding only when Astral Flow is in effect. Be aware, invoking one or the other will automatically initiate Astral Flow, the effect of which will end upon the avatar’s release. In accordance of their introduction, summoners will become able to use the “Astral Flow” job ability even when no avatars have been invoked.

Avatar: Alexander Uses “Perfect Defense” to reduce damage sustained by party members and prevent status ailments. - Damage reduction and resistance rate will vary with the summoner’s remaining MP.

Avatar: Odin Uses “Zantetsuken” to vanquish all foes within the area of effect in one fell strike. - When used against NMs, will instead deal damage.
- Amount of damage dealt and accuracy will vary with the summoner’s remaining MP.
- More monsters within the area of effect will reduce accuracy.

[ Puppetmaster ]  With adjustments to attributes of the Harlequin and Valoredge X-900 frames and the performance of attachments, automatons will be made more durable against incapacitation. In addition, the hand-to-hand combat rating of puppetmasters will be raised from rank C to A, making them formidable combatants in their own right.

Tenchi-no-Ryu
RPGFan's MMO Junkie

TenchiNoRyujin
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2010, 08:42:05 AM »

Here's the link to the new expansions homepage too... http://www.playonline.com/ff11us/addon/

Level Cap Increase details...

Level Cap Increase
 History is about to be made with the increase of the level cap in the March version update and beyond! The increase will take place in stages until the new maximum, level 99, has been reached.

Up until now, character strength has been limited to level 75, and additions to the game such as monsters, strategic content, and equipment had been designed to correspond to this.

However, with the game having reached a certain level of maturity and the bulk of existing notorious monsters having already fallen prey to tenacious bands of adventurers, the development team has deemed that the time is now ripe for the bar to be raised.

Level Cap Considerations
We are aware that players will inevitably feel concern over how in-game elements such as support jobs, experience camps, and merit points will be affected by this change. We would like to take a moment to explain the measures that are in the pipes to preserve game balance.

Support job abilities that are not expected to steal the limelight from main jobs as a result of the level cap increase will be allowed to come into play. Furthermore, there are plans to tweak certain job abilities, job traits, and magic spells on an ongoing basis in order to further accentuate the uniqueness of each job when used in a main role, as well as its versatility when playing a supporting role.

New camping grounds are scheduled to be added to cater to the anticipated rise in demand for experience parties. Furthermore, the redistribution of monsters in existing areas is also under consideration.

An increase in maximum upgrades is being considered for existing merit point skills and attributes. Preparations are also under way for the introduction of a new type of merit point for players who have reached the new level 99 summit.
Tenchi-no-Ryu
RPGFan's MMO Junkie

TenchiNoRyujin
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2010, 08:45:45 AM »

I"m pretty excited about the changes, but at this point in the game's lifecycle its not doing anything to encourage new players to join, and they are planning on merging servers from 32 to 24, which is usually the death knell for an MMO. If the FFXIV beta wasn't so damn close I'd love to see some kind of Solaris revival to chip away at some of this new stuff. The real question is, who would reactivate?
Hathen

FORUM IDIOT

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2010, 09:15:27 AM »

Incoming Parn revival #5000?
Parn

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2010, 09:33:05 AM »

......lol.

My character wasn't deleted, so it's certainly feasible.  My scholar's only in the 60s though, however... could resume playing my Paladin since it's already equipped sort of decently and is 75.  Level cap increase to 99 is seriously fucking lol.  I am intrigued enough to wonder if I should play some more, again.  It's obvious they don't give a shit about FFXI at this point though, since they're willing to completely throw off what little left of game balance there is and let players have a ball for the last few months.
Tenchi-no-Ryu
RPGFan's MMO Junkie

TenchiNoRyujin
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2010, 10:12:13 AM »

Totally, my account is still active, but without people to do anything with, i'm basically stuck with campaign and sight-seeing. If anyone is interested in one last hurrah for content, let me know.
Parn

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2010, 10:44:11 AM »

Going to watch and see how the first version update plays out.
Tenchi-no-Ryu
RPGFan's MMO Junkie

TenchiNoRyujin
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2010, 12:46:05 PM »

http://kotaku.com/5482130/final-fantasy-xi-to-get-three-expansions-in-2010

I should feel dirty for giving a heads up to another publication, but it made me smile that I got a nod.
Ramza
Enjoying Retirement
Editor Emeritus

TSDPatGann
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2010, 02:18:38 PM »

http://kotaku.com/5482130/final-fantasy-xi-to-get-three-expansions-in-2010

I should feel dirty for giving a heads up to another publication, but it made me smile that I got a nod.

...congrats?

Posting this on *our* front page now.

Tenchi-no-Ryu
RPGFan's MMO Junkie

TenchiNoRyujin
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2010, 03:13:53 PM »

I like our story better anyway... nobody was on AIM when the news broke ;p BTW, it looks like the alpha invites were just for Vanafest attendees per Eorzapaedia, though the official site is somewhat ambiguous.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2010, 03:19:06 PM by Tenchi-no-Ryu » Logged
Ramza
Enjoying Retirement
Editor Emeritus

TSDPatGann
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: February 28, 2010, 03:46:04 PM »

I like our story better anyway... nobody was on AIM when the news broke ;p BTW, it looks like the alpha invites were just for Vanafest attendees per Eorzapaedia, though the official site is somewhat ambiguous.

blah, of course they give it exclusively to the Japanese. They probably don't have English-text alpha build prepared anyway. sigh...

So who at Kotaku do you know that you were able to pass that along?

Logick

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: February 28, 2010, 05:15:18 PM »

As awesome and "'bout time" as these changes are, I think my FFXI days are over.  Besides I gave my account to Jaydee :)

"If you're not careful, the newspapers will have you hating the people who are being oppressed, and loving the people who are doing the oppressing."
~Malcolm X
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: