Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 29, 2014, 09:12:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
327636 Posts in 13412 Topics by 2169 Members
Latest Member: KopeAcetic
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  Super RPGFan Game Journal IV - The New Warriors: The Revenge The Movie The Game
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 101 Print
Author Topic: Super RPGFan Game Journal IV - The New Warriors: The Revenge The Movie The Game  (Read 144855 times)
Hidoshi
RPGFan's Open Source Field Agent

Built This House

clothothespinner@hotmail.com BrandingRune
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« on: March 02, 2010, 06:02:48 PM »

After 84 pages of the last journal, I think it's time to start anew.

Me? I've been playing Jungle Strike on my SNES and that's really about it. Oh, I tried some Dynasty Warriors Task Force or whatever it is at my friend's. Kinda wasn't into it.
Jet16

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2010, 06:09:55 PM »

After finishing Heavy Rain I decided to start up Parasite Eve and Ratchet and Clank Going Commando. R&C is great platforming fun and Parasite Eve is really interesting so far. Other than that I've also been playing Star Ocean TLH and Crimson Gem Saga.
Dizzy

死ぬがよい

awe.of.she.1@gmail.com
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2010, 08:26:35 PM »

Mostly been on the handhelds lately. Finished Miles Edgeworth, which was fucking amazing. So now I'm playing some Idolm@ster Dearly Stars here and there. I love Eri. <3 Also finally finished act 2-2 of Wild Arms XF. Kinda treading through this game slowly now, after I hit act 2. I get burnt out on SRPGs pretty fast. :P Might start up some Kenka Bancho soon, since my friend let me borrow it.

As for home consoles, I beat the stuff on the new DLC for Valkyria Chronicles, which was a lot of fun. Also back into Idolmaster Live For You again. Oh, and Zero 4, as usual. It's beginning to kick up my Fatal Frame addiction again, so I'm still contemplating whether I should do a marathon of the series again or not, considering the March releases are around the corner. Hrm...

SonicDeathMonkey

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2010, 08:35:15 PM »

Still chugging away at FFTA2, making slow progress since I haven't had any time for anything other than school and work these last couple weeks and thus kind of hate my life a little bit.
Dincrest
Onoda
RPGFan Editor

Lieutenant Commander Vacation

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2010, 08:57:24 PM »

I'm playing Last Rebellion for RPGFan, thus leaving Heavy Rain and Kingdom Hearts (which I borrowed from a friend and loaned him P4) on the back burner. 

Last Rebellion... it's Xenosaga II but without the cool story.  The game's not quite as bad as everyone's made it out to be, but it's not a good game either. 

"Immortality is a manga artist without deadlines.  Without deadlines, the manga artist will never get the job done."
   -Battle Angel Alita: Last Order, Phase 58
Esper_Crusader

I love you, Dr. Zaius

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2010, 10:06:38 PM »

I'm still working on Heavy Rain, Ogre Battle on the VC, Mass Effect 2 and No More Heroes 2.  All are awesome but, finished or not, they will all go to the wayside in one week. FFXIII will take over as will GoWIII....and some more. WAYYYY too many games coming.

Currently playing: .

-----------------------------------
"If I can't smoke and swear, I'm F**ked." ~ Ricky
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2010, 10:34:01 PM »

Zilda: Ocarina of Sperm -

Got Biggoron's Sword, sort of working on collecting poes (Up to three? I like how TP does it better), um... I think up to around maybe 60 skulltulas (also like how TP does bug collection more, too). Got the Eye of Truth.

I have no idea which minigames I beat when I started playing this so I'm sort of not going to mess with them unless I get to the end of the game and am missing heart pieces still.

Also there's some fucking vibrospot outside the Lost Woods entrance in Kokiri Village and by a Stone of Truth but I can't bomb it.

Zelda: Oreilles de Seasons

Level 2 shield. That's been about it. Might go after Biggoronpaul's Sword now that I have the magnetic gloves. Which are the best item in any zelda game ever.

Also feel like playing Contact but I have no idea where the hell that even is. And I should probably get back to to Super Metroid before I forget what's going on.

Then I still have Gothic 2, Lunar, Grandia on the backburner... want to... get back to Brafe Vencer Musabi and that Elder Scrolls game with the black people and cats in it.

http://img691.imageshack.us/img691/7522/godlessterrainbackgroun.png also been drawing this insane motherfucking anteater bitch. The background actually needs to be about 30000 pixels in width but I don't have enough ram to do that so I'm gonna break it up into 5000 pixel segments.

Also! Megaman Legends. The fuck'd I put that at. And rune factory. Goddamn, you don't game for half a year and your games go wherever they want.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2010, 12:05:08 AM by MeshGearFox » Logged

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Akanbe-

Cheap? I paid a lot for this hat!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2010, 11:11:35 PM »

Just got the Krogan in Mass Effect 2.  Really enjoying this game so far.  Kinda bored of Dragon Age, but I really need to finish it since I won't touch it once FF13/God of War 3 comes out.

"Karma is...secret top tier"~Starmongoose
PSN ID: Akanbe9
Gen Eric Gui

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2010, 01:37:46 AM »

Megaman Motherfucking 10.  I'm messing around in the time trils trying to find an optimal speed path through the game, I think I've got a rough draft ready which I'll test Thursday.  I'm a little disappointed that it looks like the best time will come from just running the weaknesses, since only a handful of weapons actually provide any assistance in clearing stages faster, and with most of the bosses being legitimate threats with difficult patterns, weaknesses seem to be the order of the day.

Also playing Ragnarok DS, I'm a little disappointed that you can't alter the classes of your side characters, and that you can't really change your characters' appearance outside of class costume and headgear.  For a game based on Ragnarok Online there doesn't feel like there's very much in the way of customization.  But the game is still fun, so it's all gravy.

Taekwon Kid is the best class ever.
Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2010, 12:27:10 PM »

We could've waited till the olde threade hite 100e pagese.

Zilda: Ocarina of Sperm -

Got Biggoron's Sword, sort of working on collecting poes (Up to three? I like how TP does it better), um... I think up to around maybe 60 skulltulas (also like how TP does bug collection more, too). Got the Eye of Truth.

I have no idea which minigames I beat when I started playing this so I'm sort of not going to mess with them unless I get to the end of the game and am missing heart pieces still.

Also there's some fucking vibrospot outside the Lost Woods entrance in Kokiri Village and by a Stone of Truth but I can't bomb it.

If all else fails. Use fire. Try Song of Storms.

As for FE:SD currently up to chapter 7. Current MVP is Cain with Abel, Ceada, Ogma, Barst, Merric, and Hardin bringing up the rear. Also class changed Sager and Wolf as Generals for some badly needed durability.

Nearly got myself screwed over in chapter 5 by mid battle saving as I was about to get rushed by a second wave of reinforcements. Fortunately Navarre was fast enough to not get two-shotted by a Steel Sword wielding Cavalier.

You've misunderstood me. I just seek your death only because you're in the way of my goal of world conquest. I can't help it that I have evil ambitions and am named Dark Lord. Honest.
Fadedsun

Sunny Summoner

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2010, 01:51:00 PM »

On scene 20 of my hard mode run through Knights In The Knightmare. I should have played another normal run before I tried hard mode because I find myself really struggling with the limited amount of weapons I have.

Also playing Trauma Center again. I used to have a copy but someone stole it from me! So I got it again and now I'm on Ch.4. I forgot how hard this game was. Going to play part 2 after.

I've also gotten back into Guilty Gear:Accent Core as I found some local competition around and I started throwing gatherings at my place. Still one of my favorite games of all time. I love it.

"Oh, a hunter..."
John
Administrator

DeceptiJohn
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2010, 01:58:56 PM »

Defeated Mass Effect 2, it was fantastic.  106% on the RPGFan scale.

THROW PICKLE IN BURGER TO SPEED UP COMMERCIAL
Jet16

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: March 03, 2010, 11:30:32 PM »

Beat Crimson Gem Saga. Overall, the game was enjoyable. Some of the dungeons got a bit annoying and the battle system became horribly unbalanced once the ultimate moves were learned and powered up. However, the graphics, music, voice work and localization by Atlus helped make the game feel fresh, even at down times. It definitely benefited from the last two, without those aspects it would have been a much harder pill to swallow.
Dizzy

死ぬがよい

awe.of.she.1@gmail.com
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: March 04, 2010, 08:23:43 AM »

The R-Button on my fat DS magically works again, so I restarted Order of Ecclesia. This game is tougher than I remember. Maybe I'm just not in the groove right now, 'cause things that shouldn't be hurting me are hurting me. :l

I hope my R-Button doesn't fuck up before I finish this, again.

Kstar
Editor Emeritus

I Remember Everything

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: March 04, 2010, 10:17:02 AM »

I've been switching between Lunar and Tales of the World since I got it from Gamefly.  I really like what I've played of Lunar so far, it's hot stuff.  But my gosh I used to love Yuri Lowenthal's voice until he became the voice actor in every game I play.  I can spot his voice instantly now.  It's definitely overkill.  Tales of the World is definitely a fan service game, which I don't mind because I love my Tales, but I can see myself getting bored fast with this one. 

"We're all lying in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars" -Oscar Wilde

"To be a star, you must shine your own light, follow your own path, and don't worry about the darkness, for that is when the stars shine brightest."
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 101 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: