Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 22, 2014, 09:02:01 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334682 Posts in 13706 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  Super RPGFan Game Journal IV - The New Warriors: The Revenge The Movie The Game
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68] 69 70 ... 101 Print
Author Topic: Super RPGFan Game Journal IV - The New Warriors: The Revenge The Movie The Game  (Read 148972 times)
Jimmy

Wakens the Ferine Strain

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1005 on: December 17, 2010, 10:17:37 PM »

Finished up Batman: Arkham Asylum. I really enjoyed it, I haven't been able to put it down all week. I still have A LOT of Riddler challenges left to find. I think I only found half of them during the main portion of the game, and I cleared out a few areas of the island after finishing. I don't know that I have the motivation to find them all aside from putting an end to the Riddler's snide comments. Maybe some other time.

Bayonetta up next.
Mickeymac92

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1006 on: December 17, 2010, 10:30:10 PM »

Exploring Carnia in Strange Journey. Glad I got back into this. I also started a new game in The Dark Spire and a new party, just so I could test out the classic mode. I kinda like it, but the music's not as good. It's also tougher to tell what I'm highlighting so I end up choosing the wrong thing.=(

http://myanimelist.net/profile/mickeymac92

“MY NAME IS POKEY THE PENGUIN I LOVE CHESS!! IT IS LIKE BALLET ONLY WITH MORE EXPLOSIONS!”
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1007 on: December 17, 2010, 11:15:47 PM »

Playing through FFIX (for the first time).  Only an hour in and it gives me warm, bubbly feelings.

Hello and welcome to the only FF game I actually liked. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did. My only really complaint with the game is the same one I have for CC. It's a later era PSX game and as such it's sort of pushing the graphics to the limit and as such the framerate is terrible. It could also probably benefit from being harder but it's not like FFVIII level of non-difficulty. Also it's pretty cool in terms of characters actually being useful. Like, there are a lot of bosses you can hit with status attacks, and it works.

Also Quina can be really powerful. She's super underrated. Make sure to get her as I think she's... if she's not optional you can delay getting her for quite awhile, and you shouldn't. Because iirc there are parts in the game where you only have a three person party if you don't get her and stuff is way harder without.

Actually my other complaint is the character's ages. I think you could add about four to six years to everyone and it'd make more sense. Namely Vivi and Zidane, who are nine and sixteen, respectively. Vivi acts like a 14 or 15 year old. Zidane acts like every college-age dude I know.

I spent a bunch of time on random mini-games in FFIX and got a new chocograph. I kind of want to go back and do some optional stuff before I continue the story because like half of my party is lacking behind in terms of skills and level.

I'm also pretty sure I'm the only person that likes Tetra Master. But it lets you pull off crazy dick moves in ways you just couldn't in Triple Triad !!!

---edit---

I bought the humble indie bundle 2, and then I decided to be a consumer whore and bought minecraft. YEY ME.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2010, 05:29:56 AM by MeshGearFox » Logged

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1008 on: December 18, 2010, 12:35:30 PM »

So after finishing the minerva's den dlc (it's fantastic) I decided to try out bioshock 2's multiplayer. So I go into my very first match without even knowing how the whole thing works and finished with the highest score in my team. I just shot people in the face, you can use plasmids and I saw some guys transforming into big daddys but I have no idea how they did that. It was hilarious.

Currently playing: Uncharted 3, Dark Souls, Team ICO Collection, Atelier Totori, Child of eden.
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1009 on: December 18, 2010, 03:40:57 PM »

My friend picked up 3D Dot Game Heroes for me as an Xmas gift. :D

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
Mickeymac92

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1010 on: December 18, 2010, 06:14:29 PM »

^Aw, how nice.=)

Got my Bottom kicked in Blaster Master. I love that game, but it is hard, and I'm outta practice. Meanwhile I'm really into Strange Journey, I think I'm going to finish off Carnia tonight so I can move on to the next area.

“MY NAME IS POKEY THE PENGUIN I LOVE CHESS!! IT IS LIKE BALLET ONLY WITH MORE EXPLOSIONS!”
dalucifer0
시발놈

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1011 on: December 18, 2010, 07:29:57 PM »

14-15 hours into Tales of the Abyss. I kicked the Behemoth's ass in that one marsh, but I got no fucking experience from it. I wouldn't have wasted 9 life bottles if I had known I wouldn't get any experience. Fuck you game. lol
MeshGearFox

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1012 on: December 20, 2010, 03:03:17 AM »

Braid is a lot of fun so far.

o/` I do not dream o/`

Fadedsun

Sunny Summoner

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1013 on: December 20, 2010, 09:55:23 AM »

Exploring Carnia in Strange Journey. Glad I got back into this. I also started a new game in The Dark Spire and a new party, just so I could test out the classic mode. I kinda like it, but the music's not as good. It's also tougher to tell what I'm highlighting so I end up choosing the wrong thing.=(

I still need to beat Dark Spire. I made it to the 6th floor, then stopped playing.

If you haven't yet good luck trying to figure out how to unlock the subclasses without a guide. It's pretty much impossible to figure out on your own.

"Oh, a hunter..."
Mickeymac92

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1014 on: December 20, 2010, 10:46:41 AM »

I still need to beat Dark Spire. I made it to the 6th floor, then stopped playing.

If you haven't yet good luck trying to figure out how to unlock the subclasses without a guide. It's pretty much impossible to figure out on your own.

I've gotten halfway through on my first playthrough, and I can honestly say much of this game is impossible without a guide. Luckily I have no quams about using one. It's better than being frustrated, IMO.

Fadedsun

Sunny Summoner

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1015 on: December 20, 2010, 10:55:42 AM »

I've gotten halfway through on my first playthrough, and I can honestly say much of this game is impossible without a guide. Luckily I have no quams about using one. It's better than being frustrated, IMO.
[/quote

Yeah, pretty much. I've been stuck and gone to a guide to figure out what to do and it's something ridiculous that I could never have figured out on my own because they don't drop you any hints in the game. It's a great game, for sure, but there's no way you can do it on your own.

"Oh, a hunter..."
GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

OK, options aren't SO bad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1016 on: December 20, 2010, 11:58:15 AM »

Neir - It is SO hard to focus on the main quest. There are just so many little side quests to do.
I now have Kaine and am supposed to head into the desert or something, but I keep doing other things. I grew some pumpkins! Now I'm growing a watermelon for Yonah.
My son(9) was watching me play a little, and I said something like, "Man, she has a weird outfit on, huh?" about Kaine. Good thing there weren't any cut scenes. Not like he hasn't heard such language before, though.

Playing: TWD Season 2, Alan Wake
Reading: Mistborn #2 by Brandon Sanderson
Jimmy

Wakens the Ferine Strain

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1017 on: December 20, 2010, 01:16:49 PM »

Been playing Bayonetta for the last few days. It's a lot of fun, and I like that it is an action game with cool play mechanics and satisfying combos while still having a decent story. However, I am wondering whether or not I should be embarrassed that I'm playing it...

Anyway, I think I'm getting close to the end and I've only played for about seven hours. It is fun, and I can see why it was given the positive reviews it was given. I'm glad I only paid $13 for it though because I don't think it is worth $60 by a long shot.
dalucifer0
시발놈

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1018 on: December 20, 2010, 02:35:20 PM »

I think I'm past the halfway point in TotA around 16-17 hours in. I totally forgot how to do mystic artes, so I had to look them up.

Bought Dragon Age: Origins and I'm a dwarf rogue. Only an hour in so far.
MeshGearFox

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1019 on: December 21, 2010, 02:08:09 AM »

I got super meat boy from the steam sale. This is the best game.

o/` I do not dream o/`

Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68] 69 70 ... 101 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: