Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 02, 2014, 10:22:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
330162 Posts in 13528 Topics by 2179 Members
Latest Member: Lian_Kazairl
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  Super RPGFan Game Journal IV - The New Warriors: The Revenge The Movie The Game
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 69 70 [71] 72 73 ... 101 Print
Author Topic: Super RPGFan Game Journal IV - The New Warriors: The Revenge The Movie The Game  (Read 146797 times)
Yoda
Son of Dad

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1050 on: December 29, 2010, 09:04:17 PM »

accessing the map in FF1 on the PSP by hitting select and circle is absolutely ridiculous. The guy that made that decision must be the worlds biggest joker.
Mickeymac92

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1051 on: December 29, 2010, 09:29:35 PM »

accessing the map in FF1 on the PSP by hitting select and circle is absolutely ridiculous. The guy that made that decision must be the worlds biggest joker.

They're just being true to the original is all.

http://myanimelist.net/profile/mickeymac92

“MY NAME IS POKEY THE PENGUIN I LOVE CHESS!! IT IS LIKE BALLET ONLY WITH MORE EXPLOSIONS!”
Yoda
Son of Dad

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1052 on: December 30, 2010, 01:23:11 AM »

They're just being true to the original is all.

I get that, but the result is an incredibly awkward combination of buttons that could have easily been changed
Wilsongt

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1053 on: December 30, 2010, 01:27:37 AM »

Started up Nier. Finished the Lost Shrine part.
Azrael

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1054 on: December 30, 2010, 01:41:13 PM »

I have a PS2 now and decided to play FFXII.  This is my first time ever actually touching the game and I have to say it's a lot of fun.  I remember all the complaints that flew around about the battle system and the like, but I actually really enjoy it thus far.  Maybe my opinion will change as things open up, but it just feels really fluid and I like it.

Not really all that far, just went out of Rabanastre for the first time and was messing around with battles and what not.  Trying to get the hang of the game.
dalucifer0
시발놈

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1055 on: December 30, 2010, 02:15:58 PM »

I think only FF purists hate XII. I played it in '08 after most of the hype died and I really enjoyed it. If you watch the X-Play review, I liked it for basically the same reasons.

--

TotA: Finished the Absorption Gate. I hate that place. But, that means the game is winding down.

I'm probably done playing FFTA and Dragon Age for now. I can't concentrate on more than one game these days.
Mickeymac92

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1056 on: December 30, 2010, 03:36:30 PM »

I liked FFXII a lot, too, though I'm not much further than Azreal. I liked the battle system once I played FFXI, and the strategy involved was nice.

http://myanimelist.net/profile/mickeymac92

“MY NAME IS POKEY THE PENGUIN I LOVE CHESS!! IT IS LIKE BALLET ONLY WITH MORE EXPLOSIONS!”
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1057 on: December 31, 2010, 04:11:21 AM »

I am four endings into 999 and I'm really enjoying it.

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
dalucifer0
시발놈

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1058 on: December 31, 2010, 03:00:59 PM »

3 hours into Tales of Graces F. About 30-45 minutes is not knowing exactly where to go, but I'm navigating fine and understanding most of the story so far. I'll probably need a guide here and there and to help in combat (titles, weapons, artes, etc.)
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #1059 on: December 31, 2010, 03:27:43 PM »

3 hours into Tales of Graces F. About 30-45 minutes is not knowing exactly where to go, but I'm navigating fine and understanding most of the story so far. I'll probably need a guide here and there and to help in combat (titles, weapons, artes, etc.)

I worked with x360 Vesperia to PS3 - still not always easy.  I wish you the best of luck, please keep us posted how it is. =D

Star Ocean: The Last Hope.  Beat Ethereal Queen!  YAAAY!!  I don't want to say she was easy... I came OVER prepared (basically all the "laser" equipment had 12 tri-emblems synthed to it plus maxed resistances), but she still puts up a fight.  I wanna fight her 4 and 6 winged versions.  The game is done otherwise, may start again on a harder mode.

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

OK, options aren't SO bad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1060 on: December 31, 2010, 09:42:48 PM »

Nier - This game is hopelessly addicting. I haven't been this hooked since Mass Effect 2 back in the Spring. If it isn't the story, it's all the dang side quests. Then there's the quirky shifts in game play from 3rd person, to top down, to freakin' text adventure!
Let's see. Where am I now...
Code:
The Aerie(sp?) was just obliterated. That was one hell of a boss battle. My son was watching and he thought it was pretty darn cool, too. The regular enemies in this game might be kinda boring, but the bosses rock. Anyway...I'm now going back to the Junk Heap for another piece of the "key" to the Shadowlord's(original!) castle.
I find myself using a spear as my main weapon now. It's fast and I love the charge move. Two handed swords are too slow, and one handed swords are too weak. I'll try and do some forging to see if this changes.

Playing:
Reading: Mistborn by Brandon Sanderson
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1061 on: January 01, 2011, 03:15:41 PM »

I bought Age of Wonders 2: Shadow Magic a few days ago because I really enjoyed what I played of The Wizard's Throne, started playing with it last night, and while looking for mods found out how broken the AI is. And the random map generator is also... not... helpful, for various reasons and also just because it doesn't randomly generate stuff well.

I think I'm completely turned off from buying games for awhile, now.

:(

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Raziel

Megaten Fan

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1062 on: January 01, 2011, 04:51:45 PM »

Way of the Samurai is just massacring me. I also insist playing it on normal difficulty and since you can't save (unless you are exiting the game), then it proves to be quite a challenge, especially when you are slaughtered before the final battle.

Also playing a bit of Dynasty Warriors 2. While Dynasty Warriors series is universally criticized on almost every video game message board and often poorly regarded, I do like it. Dynasty Warriors 2 is quite a bit different from the later iterations as well, feeling more realistic (the common troops can take you out if you get careless). The maps themselves also feel much longer, so the battles can be quite a challenge. Even though you can save in-battle when you find the saving scroll, it is still quite dangerous on normal.

Finished Fallout 1. Well, didn't see the ending because it crashes in the escape from Mariposa. But I basically saw everything and did the thing that you are supposed to do there.

MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1063 on: January 01, 2011, 09:55:28 PM »

The maps themselves also feel much longer, so the battles can be quite a challenge.

I actually liked it less for that. The maps seemed sort of *needlessly* big. I only really played DW4 so whatever, but I liked it a lot.

Anyway, I just played the first five levels of super meat boy with my feet. Yeah.

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

D-Rider
Former God of RPGFan
Rainbow Club Member

Solitary One

ChlamydiaBlues
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1064 on: January 01, 2011, 11:46:12 PM »

Assassin's Creed:  Brotherhood has been beaten.  Fucking cliffhanger endings, I swear to God.  I'm already chomping at the bit for Assassin's Creed 3 because of it. :P  I enjoyed Brotherhood from start to finish; if I had to complain about anything, it's that Ezio's last bit seemed rushed in comparison to everything that came before it.  It doesn't seem like Ezio's story got a whole lot of closure either, although I suppose you could say the exact same thing about Altair's.

Up next...I don't know. :P  I'm probably gonna focus on either MGS4 or Demon's Souls.  Probably the latter since I just finished one stealth based game.

Pages: 1 ... 69 70 [71] 72 73 ... 101 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: