Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 27, 2014, 09:41:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
We have a new board! Pop on over to the Game Journals section and tell us what you've been playing!
338615 Posts in 13861 Topics by 2215 Members
Latest Member: RPGtourguide
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  Super RPGFan Game Journal IV - The New Warriors: The Revenge The Movie The Game
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 98 99 [100] 101 Print
Author Topic: Super RPGFan Game Journal IV - The New Warriors: The Revenge The Movie The Game  (Read 150445 times)
Dice
Dobbelstenen Muil
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #1485 on: March 05, 2011, 10:21:20 PM »

Reliving the nostalgic moments in my childhood I guess?

Also, manchild as Mesh said.

+1 to that too. I have no shame in occasionally enjoying the kiddy stuff, not just pokemon. :p

I'd come in with an army of Psyducks.

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1486 on: March 05, 2011, 10:24:02 PM »

It's also fun to go on an adventure in a location that gradually opens up due to new abilities and whatnot. HOWEVER, with DQVI I don't think I need another of the kind of game really soon, if I get it sooner than later it's just to not miss Victini or because it's not going to get much cheaper anyway.
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1487 on: March 05, 2011, 11:43:56 PM »

Basically I think most people hit a peak of maturity around like, 18 or 19. After that you start getting degrees in shit and your mind erodes to the point where the former learned eloquence is replaced by a constant stream of dick jokes and Care Bears fanfiction. And one day you wake up and don't even care that your wife nearly OD'd on Oxycontin. You're going to grow a beard, goddammit, and go live out in nature with your buddies.

Except that never pans out.

And you slowly die inside.

Speaking of which what would happen if you accidentally swallowed a pokeball containing a wailord and it like, opened, inside of you? Could you murder someone that way?

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Smiley Abuser

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1488 on: March 06, 2011, 08:20:19 AM »

Speaking of which what would happen if you accidentally swallowed a pokeball containing a wailord and it like, opened, inside of you? Could you murder someone that way?

I...don't...know what to say to that. Only that you are awesome for even thinking that way.

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Here to suck the fun out of games.
dalucifer0
시발놈

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1489 on: March 06, 2011, 11:25:24 AM »

You'd have to be one giant, fat fucking slob to have a throat big enough to swallow a pokeball in the first place. And being a fat fucker, the stomach would easily be big enough for Wailord to live in.
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1490 on: March 06, 2011, 12:00:21 PM »

Pokeballs shrink down to a pretty small size when they're not about to be deployed. I think the bigger implication is, say, if there was some sort of sizable criminal organization in Pokemon that might be force-feeding people pokeballs as a particularly violent method of torture/murder. I mean just IMAGINE if it was a pikachu. It'd fry you from the inside out, slowly.

Of course, there are no criminal organizations in the world of Pokemon, and certainly nobody is obsessed with stealing Pikachus for nefarious purposes.

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Azrael

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1491 on: March 06, 2011, 12:15:08 PM »

I think the obvious next step is to go work for Nintendo and pitch this to them. I think the world is ready for an M rated pokemon game.
Vanguard

I am America, and I hate JRPGs

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1492 on: March 06, 2011, 06:27:23 PM »

Picked up my copy of White today and put a little over four hours on it. Impressions:

The sound quality of this game is a huge improvement. The music is much more memorable this time around, though it's still lighthearted.

Choosing a starter was hard. It was almost Snivy, but I went with tradition and grabbed the otter.

This game is much harder. Wild Pokemon might actually KO you. Random trainers aren't morons. Best of all, the battles have been sped up, adding to the risk of battling.

Also, the new Pokemon designs are awesome.

Team Plasma are the best villains yet, though they're still pretty thin.

I'm rocking a team of Dewott, Blitzle, Herdier, Pidove, and Pansear.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2011, 11:01:06 AM by Vanguard » Logged

Thoren: Astronomers fucking love stars and shit. Whitman was a bitch.
Hidoshi: Walt Whitman could beat you with both dicks tied behind his back.
Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Smiley Abuser

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1493 on: March 06, 2011, 08:19:40 PM »

I agree that this game is harder than previous pokemon games, I think some of that may be because of the new experience point system, if you want to level up at a decent rate you have always got to be facing Pokemon 2 or 3 levels above you, instead of grinding on weaker ones. I picked Snivy, I think he is adorable.

Team Plasma could have been really good villains, but the game missed that chance and I think it is probably best they did. They raise a good point, are Pokemon just slaves to humans, do they not deserve freedom. But the notion is pretty much dead on arrival as they do clearly evil things to Pokemon themselves and are driven more by greed than any real philosophical ideal. Though thats just from what I've seen so far. It's probably best they are rather see-through, it would suck to taint the idea of pokemon being your friends while you are playing, no one wants to feel guilty about it :P

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Here to suck the fun out of games.
dalucifer0
시발놈

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1494 on: March 06, 2011, 08:51:11 PM »

Also playing Pokemon White. I went with Tepig, because the fire starters are always overpowered. I'm 4 hours in and have two badges, and about to get my 3rd. I have caught about 12 pokemon now, and what I like is that there's no "worthless piece of shit pokemon." They all do pretty well in battle. Aside from the first gym battle, I haven't had too much trouble with the game. But yeah, it is harder than the two previous generations, which are the easiest in the series.
D-Rider
Former God of RPGFan
Rainbow Club Member

Solitary One

ChlamydiaBlues
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1495 on: March 06, 2011, 08:55:03 PM »

I'm trying to finish a game of Dragon Age:  Origins to use with Dragon Age 2.  Considering that the only thing I've done so far is the Circle of Magi, I think it's safe to say I won't make it. :P  I have a day off tomorrow, but I don't think I can possibly get in enough gaming in that amount of time.

Yoda
Son of Dad

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1496 on: March 06, 2011, 11:21:52 PM »

I'm trying to finish a game of Dragon Age:  Origins to use with Dragon Age 2.  Considering that the only thing I've done so far is the Circle of Magi, I think it's safe to say I won't make it. :P  I have a day off tomorrow, but I don't think I can possibly get in enough gaming in that amount of time.

Maybe, maybe not. But go for it!
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1497 on: March 07, 2011, 12:29:39 AM »

Basically I think most people hit a peak of maturity around like, 18 or 19. After that you start getting degrees in shit and your mind erodes to the point where the former learned eloquence is replaced by a constant stream of dick jokes and Care Bears fanfiction. And one day you wake up and don't even care that your wife nearly OD'd on Oxycontin. You're going to grow a beard, goddammit, and go live out in nature with your buddies.

Except that never pans out.

And you slowly die inside.

Why the hell would you wait until after 18-19 to grow a beard? You can grow one when you're like 14 or 15 if you would just put down that razor. Granted beards tend to get you in more trouble than not having one would, but the same could be said for wearing anything less than business casual or a three piece suit. But still having a beard means that you don't have to shave except for when you need to make your beard look less scraggly and lopsided, or when you have to trim your mustache so that it doesn't grow into your mouth or get into everything you eat, or when your girlfriend is getting seriously disgusted that you aren't shaving your back anymore, or when you have to make that unibrow back into eyebrows, or when you shave your feet and toes in the hopes of promoting more hair growth on your feet and toes to make yourself look even more like a hobbit than usual, or hands and fingers, or whatever, the point is that you don't need to shave as much as you would by not having a beard.

That said, I finally got Murdaw's map in DQIX and as well as a second silver orb out of Bramos. Additionally, I got a yellow orb out of Murdaw on my first shot, meaning that I can finally upgrade one of my top items into it's second form. Now my Hero Boots can have 5 more defense while continuing to sit in my inventory as Metal King Boots are far and away superior to any form of the Hero Boots.

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

OK, options aren't SO bad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1498 on: March 07, 2011, 09:17:37 AM »

Played a bit of Oath in Felghana last night. Man, this game is a hack fest! I was in Tigray Quarry just running around beating the crap out of everything in sight. It never slows down! I'll bet thew bosses are going to be a bitch. Fun so far, though.

Playing: DA: Inquisition
Reading: Mistbron#3: Hero of Ages
Annubis

Something something like a tiger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1499 on: March 07, 2011, 09:48:57 AM »

Lets just say there's a certain swordsman whom I still dread about after finishing the game.
At least the last boss is a piece of cake if you powerlevel just a bit. I went there again with 4 more levels than my initial fight (and it's dozen death) and it made a giant difference.
Pages: 1 ... 98 99 [100] 101 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: