Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 23, 2014, 02:23:04 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334699 Posts in 13707 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  Super RPGFan Game Journal IV - The New Warriors: The Revenge The Movie The Game
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 101 Print
Author Topic: Super RPGFan Game Journal IV - The New Warriors: The Revenge The Movie The Game  (Read 148986 times)
Esper_Crusader

I love you, Dr. Zaius

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: March 04, 2010, 10:21:09 AM »

I tried some Bad Company 2 multiplayer yesterday for a couple of hours and it was a welcome change of pace from the chaos of MW2. You don't level up NEARLY as fast in BC2 and it seems to be a sniper-fest from what I've played but it may not be the norm. Overall I'd say that it's a big step up from the last game. 

Still counting the days 'till FF. :S

Currently playing: .

-----------------------------------
"If I can't smoke and swear, I'm F**ked." ~ Ricky
Wilsongt

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: March 04, 2010, 11:25:21 AM »

Not been playing much. Playing some Bright Shadow. Level 24 Machinist now. Also been playing some iPod Touch games: Plants vs Zombies, Battle for Wesnoth, Final Fantasy 1 and 2... Nothing major.
daschrier

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: March 04, 2010, 01:10:09 PM »

Was Fatal Frame reprinted?

I was just at Microcenter and they had Fatal Frame 1,2, and 3 brand new for the PS2.
supersonic
Prefers JRPGs

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: March 04, 2010, 01:40:33 PM »

Beat Crimson Gem Saga. Overall, the game was enjoyable. Some of the dungeons got a bit annoying and the battle system became horribly unbalanced once the ultimate moves were learned and powered up. However, the graphics, music, voice work and localization by Atlus helped make the game feel fresh, even at down times. It definitely benefited from the last two, without those aspects it would have been a much harder pill to swallow.

Overall, I did enjoy Crimson Gem Saga very much, although I must say that what they pulled at the very end was really annoying, ie.
Code:
limiting you to three characters, including one which left the party earlier and you had no way to adjust his equipment before the final boss, taking your (or at least my) main healer away and making the very last boss unfairly difficult. I actually never finished that fight.
Jet16

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: March 04, 2010, 01:44:53 PM »

Overall, I did enjoy Crimson Gem Saga very much, although I must say that what they pulled at the very end was really annoying, ie.
Code:
limiting you to three characters, including one which left the party earlier and you had no way to adjust his equipment before the final boss, taking your (or at least my) main healer away and making the very last boss unfairly difficult. I actually never finished that fight.

Actually:
Code:
You don't have to win that fight. You get the same ending if you win or lose, and even with Killian's best armor and weapon the fight is a pain. I got him down to half life, used up a Mandate of Heaven and had 2 of my characters instantly slaughtered. I decided to let the third die and just see the ending.
supersonic
Prefers JRPGs

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: March 04, 2010, 03:18:59 PM »

Code:

Actually:
Code:
You don't have to win that fight. You get the same ending if you win or lose, and even with Killian's best armor and weapon the fight is a pain. I got him down to half life, used up a Mandate of Heaven and had 2 of my characters instantly slaughtered. I decided to let the third die and just see the ending.

Code:
Interesting...I actually got him down to 1/3 on my third attempt but got slaughtered once he started casting those spells that hit everybody hard. Glad I didn't miss the "good ending" then.
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: March 04, 2010, 07:59:30 PM »

Darples: Ocatina of Rime -

Beat the Shadow Temple which I found substantially harder than the Water Temple (which wasn't difficult at all). The boss was sort of hard because:

A) I figured you had to shoot at the boss's eye with the arrows but it wasn't letting me do that for some reason. I guess because I was in first person and using the eye of truth? No idea.
B) When I went to look that up some dumbass on the Zelda wiki said to use the hover boots so the drum doesn't bounce you around. It still bounces you around, just less. And now you're moving so slowly that you can't dodge shit.

Anyway once I realized that you could z-target in 3rd person mode (I seriously have no idea what was happening the first time. Maybe the emulation the GC version uses bugged on me or something) the fight was pretty easy.

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: March 05, 2010, 02:29:55 PM »

Chapter 8 of FE:SD is been completed. Took me about 80+ turns due to only using one healer when I should've used two since most of my turns was spent healing after every enemy wave. At least Lena hit level 20 halfway through the fight so I can use other healers during the next couple of battles while waiting for a Master Seal to pop up somewhere. The rest of it was spent inching my way forward to trigger enemy reinforcements without getting my rear-end surprise-sexed.

DQIII: Collected 4 of the 6 orbs, and I now have an idea as to where I need to go to next. Specifically, I need to go get an item to help me get another item that I can trade for another item to allow me access to an area with another item that I can use to get an orb. Currently my party consists of a Hero, a Soldier, a Pilgrim, and a Wizard all at level 26.

Edit: 8 != 7. Also added fetch quest shenanigans.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2010, 10:03:26 AM by KillerArmoire » Logged

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Akanbe-

Cheap? I paid a lot for this hat!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: March 05, 2010, 07:30:55 PM »

Finished Bowser's Inside Story.  Good game.

Started the new Phoenix Wright Edgeworth game.  Loving it so far.  Actually had to return the first one I bought since it didn't work.  Never had that happen before.  Odd.

"Karma is...secret top tier"~Starmongoose
PSN ID: Akanbe9
MeshGearFox

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: March 06, 2010, 05:19:52 PM »

SotN: Got the double jump and a morningstar. Did some stuff in the library. Found a pot roasted. This am fun.

Wind Waker: Actually playing this. Explored, filled out my sea chart a bit, went to great fish island. Sailing is slow. Also, WW really DOES seem to have too much going on at once. I have this spoils back filled with things that I have no idea what they're for and I can't sell them to that goron merchant, there's pedestals to put things on on Windfall island but I can't find anything to PUT on them, there's the mail quest... I heard about something involving taking pictures of every boss/animal/person in the game but I can't find anything actually about it. Part of me likes that because it's like "Cool I wanna keep playing to see what the fuck these Happiness Pendants are for!" But... there's just a little too much of that.

o/` I do not dream o/`

GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

OK, options aren't SO bad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: March 07, 2010, 03:06:28 PM »

So I finally just beat Dragon Age
Code:
The battle with the ArchDemon was pretty intense. Damn cool dragon.
I survived the ordeal due to my "bargain" with Morrigan. I really just wanted some Morrigan action, so it all worked out fine. lol.
70 hours on the dot. Too damn long for me nowadays. I need 20 hour games, not 70.
Then we have the end credits that will not end! And that awful "war" song by 30 seconds to mars or whoever. That sucked. I'm not sure what they were thinking with that song, but it was totally wrong for this game.
Good game for the most part. Solid 8/10.
It's tempting to move right into playing FFXIII or GoW II, but I have ME2 to play now. The other two can at least wait until they go on sale.

Playing: TWD Season 2, Alan Wake
Reading: Mistborn #2 by Brandon Sanderson
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: March 07, 2010, 03:09:19 PM »

SotN: Got the double jump and a morningstar. Did some stuff in the library. Found a pot roasted. This am fun.

Wind Waker: Actually playing this. Explored, filled out my sea chart a bit, went to great fish island. Sailing is slow. Also, WW really DOES seem to have too much going on at once. I have this spoils back filled with things that I have no idea what they're for and I can't sell them to that goron merchant, there's pedestals to put things on on Windfall island but I can't find anything to PUT on them, there's the mail quest... I heard about something involving taking pictures of every boss/animal/person in the game but I can't find anything actually about it. Part of me likes that because it's like "Cool I wanna keep playing to see what the fuck these Happiness Pendants are for!" But... there's just a little too much of that.

Happiness Pendants are for giving to the Teacher on Windfall for plot reasons as well as a cash and a mask that lets you see enemy health. Pedestals are for stuff sold from the hooded guy's shop and is tied with the Goron's trading quest. The pictograph quest involves a color pictograph and the figure-making guy hidden around the Forest Island. Chu Jellies are traded in to either the potion shop owner on Windfall or the remaining Koriki after the second dungeon (not including Makar). Skull Pendants are for selling to a sailor on Windfall and for something else. Champion's Belts are for using to bribe the combat instructor on Outset to learn the Great Spin Attack. Golden Feathers are traded to a guy on Dragon Roost Island for something.

It's too bad that the quest part of the game feels so unfinished as the optional parts are actually interesting if you can get around the sluggish sailing.

That said, FE:SD Chapter 10. Enemies are rolling out the big guns now as they've started arming themselves with Forged Equipment. Now Javelins are hitting almost as hard as Silver Lances are and are just as accurate. Fortunately, there's a Master Seal in this stage so that I don't have to worry about having Cain warming a bench any time soon.

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Lord Scottish

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: March 07, 2010, 05:13:42 PM »

DQIV DS: Currently in chapter 4. I guess ahm the only person wat loiks the regional accents. :P
MeshGearFox

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: March 07, 2010, 08:31:44 PM »

See, just letting you fast travel to a coordinate you'd previously had added to the map by the fish dude would've fixed the sailing issue completely. Sort of like TP with Midna letting you teleport (and even without that, you either have a horse or can turn into wolf link and move across the world pretty fast. And Hyrule field's more interesting than endless, endless expanses of blue). Actually I sort of had a similar issue with the Dark World in LttP, if I'm remembering it right. Most of the cool exploratory stuff was in the Light World -- stuff you'd need to go back to after getting certain items -- and the Dark World was just.. it felt like a lot of dead space to traipse through. It's not really a big issue in and OF itself, it's just that, from what I remember, the Law of Miyamoto stuff was very, very unbalanced between the dark and light worlds.

---edit---

Okay just beat SotN. And got the bad ending. Seriously what the hell that is the most random bad ending ever. Anyway back to actually playing the game. Oh the clock room with the statues that go in and out is also sort of... dumb.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2010, 12:29:32 AM by MeshGearFox » Logged

o/` I do not dream o/`

eXaX

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: March 08, 2010, 12:02:33 PM »

It's sad to think that the first Persona game I bought was Persona 3 (when it was released) but the first of the series I played was the fourth one. Which I'm playing right now actually. And no, I don't know how that happened.
I've just done a couple of floors in the Kanji dungeon, so I've just begun.

Also, Chie for the win!

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 101 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: