Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2014, 10:00:21 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
319703 Posts in 13046 Topics by 2147 Members
Latest Member: TacoBell_Lord
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  Super RPGFan Game Journal IV - The New Warriors: The Revenge The Movie The Game
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 101 Print
Author Topic: Super RPGFan Game Journal IV - The New Warriors: The Revenge The Movie The Game  (Read 141322 times)
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #120 on: March 26, 2010, 01:39:44 AM »

Up to the second area in Strange Journey.

Just got there tonight.

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
D-Rider
Former God of RPGFan
Rainbow Club Member

Solitary One

ChlamydiaBlues
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #121 on: March 26, 2010, 06:59:47 PM »

I've been playing the new Ace Attorney game featuring Edgeworth.  It's pretty good, although it does seem a little easier than the Phoenix Wright games.  I'm on case three at the moment.

Willy Elektrix
Lord of the Sword

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #122 on: March 26, 2010, 09:18:02 PM »

Every few months I'll start Dungeon Crawl Stone Soup up and play it really seriously for a few days until my character gets killed in mid-game. It's the game that I would take with me on a desert island. Balls hard and mostly fair, with lots of variety and replayability

MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #123 on: March 27, 2010, 01:01:16 AM »

SMT: SJ.

In Bootes, up to

Code:
the Mitra stuff. This is getting awesomer.

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Dizzy

死ぬがよい

awe.of.she.1@gmail.com
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #124 on: March 28, 2010, 03:33:11 PM »

FF13 - Very last save point of the game, and I feel too burnt out to fight the last boss (This happened with me and FF9 too). :P

RoF - Chapter 6. Just farming for Energy Hexes, to finish a few of the side-quests (and hoping to find more clothing/accessories along the way).

Fragile - Finished my second play-through, and found absolutely everything. I think I'm done with the game. What a fantastic experience that game was (outside of combat).

Dream Club - I just started the game. I think I'm gonna keep picking Mian as my hostess. She has tsundere potential. <3

Alisha

Z0eila@hotmail.com Z0eila
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #125 on: March 28, 2010, 04:11:06 PM »

playing bleach the 3rd phantom right now. for an anime based game its pretty sweet.

“Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from.”
MeshGearFox

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #126 on: March 28, 2010, 11:36:12 PM »

Shit yes.

Complete a huge milestone in BRPG today. Level switching now works. That was the LAST huge batch of refactoring before I can start actually finishing the engine up.

That's not to say it's the last refactoring in general. On the contrary! It's just that the menu code (which might be fine) will happen *later* once the functionality is more decided on. Same for the the graphic loading/storage optimization. Also, hubris being hubris, I'll probably run into some other huge roadblocks.

As it stands, though, I can actually start working on the Lua scripting and getting objects to *do* things.

Next big goal? Make things the player can pick up and drop.

o/` I do not dream o/`

GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

OK, options aren't SO bad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #127 on: March 29, 2010, 10:29:07 AM »

Mass Effect 2 - I am SO loving this game. It is just so much more polished and well put together than the first one. Everything is bigger and better. Except for the scaled down Citadel, which I actually don't mind too much.
I just finished the Krogan warlord quest.
Code:
I am informed that the Illusive man wants to see me, so I go do that. I didn't expect to get sent right into the next area! I didn't do anything with the Krogan yet! Damn. So now I'm on a new planet, with Collectors attacking it, and Ashley around somewhere. Should be fun 
I am already convinced that no other game I play this year will be better than this. No sense in hurrying through.

Playing: A Link Between Worlds
Reading: Cosmos by Carl Sagan
moomoofarm7

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #128 on: March 29, 2010, 05:19:34 PM »

Playing Yakuza (the original). I'd like to play through the first and second before I play the third. Absolutely love the story and characters. I really sense that Shenmue-like feel to the setting as well as the characters (a great thing).
Esper_Crusader

I love you, Dr. Zaius

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #129 on: March 30, 2010, 06:57:07 AM »

I'm giving FFXIII a break since there's a certain douchebag boss that I can't pass. I'm taking my time with GoWIII and started up a new game in DA:O, Grandia and Folklore.

Currently playing: .

-----------------------------------
"If I can't smoke and swear, I'm F**ked." ~ Ricky
daschrier

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #130 on: March 30, 2010, 08:47:10 AM »

Nearing (maybe) the end of chapter 9 in FFXIII. SE did make a combat system that requires thought and planning if you don't want to die, but I think they went a little too overboard. Spending 3-4 minutes on random encounters because enemies have 100k+ hp is just crazy.

Spent some time grinding on the soldiers for credit chips to buy materials to upgrade my stuff.

All I can figure out so far is
Code:
Organic materials, like wings, claws, etc seem to give exp bonuses while the synthetic materials like screws etc give more exp but remove exp bonuses.
Sketch
Sam I Am
Contributing Editor

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #131 on: March 30, 2010, 12:21:32 PM »

Been playing a crap ton of Minecraft. If you've never heard of it, it's basically Legos that you can play online. You've got a creative mode where you can just dive in and build stuff, and a survival mode where you've got zombies and giant spider dudes trying to kill you, and you've got to build bases and whatnot to stay alive. The game is only in alpha right now, so there's still a ton that the creator is working on, but hot damn is this game coming along nicely. It's addicting as all hell to build enormous towns and environmental structures with other people. Pixel art, too. Servers have Marios, Sonics, and Final Fantasy sprites all over the place.

Also, Team Fortress 2.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2010, 12:27:12 PM by Sketch » Logged
Fadedsun

Sunny Summoner

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #132 on: March 30, 2010, 12:22:46 PM »

I cracked and set aside everything else I was playing to start up a game in Strange Journey last night. So far it's awesome. I love the music. I suggest everyone play with headphones in as it increases the experience.

What did everyone name their MC? I named mine Romulus Orwell after a Nature show guy I like, and George Orwell.

"Oh, a hunter..."
MeshGearFox

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #133 on: March 30, 2010, 01:36:41 PM »

I suggest everyone play with headphones in as it increases the experience.

Yeah, especially since the drums are so... drummy. They don't have the same impact on the speakers. BTW the second dungeon's theme is better.

Anyway, still in the second dungeon. Just got the...
Code:
enemy scanner thing
. One of my demons is an anthropomorphic watermelon. I'm trying to continue the plot but it's easy to keep dicking around in this game.

Finding the story wonderful so far, as is the writing. Not sure if I like it more than the... well, more literary style in Nocturne, but we'll see.

I also like how they took item creation from EO, sort of.

Oh and I mentioned this elsewhere, but I named my MC Alden Gray, after Neil Alden Armstrong and Zane Grey.

--

Also I was going to play SD3 but then I read about how broken it was. I don't mind evade and crits not working since I don't honestly find attacks missing that appropriate in action RPGs anyway, and crits... also doesn't bug me. But the spells are apparently *really* unbalanced.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2010, 04:11:33 PM by MeshGearFox » Logged

o/` I do not dream o/`

Gen Eric Gui

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #134 on: March 30, 2010, 03:41:47 PM »

Mine is Albert Oda; Albert because I liked the sound of the name, Oda because it's the last name I used in the Devil Summoner games.  I also like the fact that it's an English/Japanese name, considering the MC's nationality changed during the translation process so he's technically both.

Still wandering around in Bootes.  Got captured and turned free by some demon, and am currently wandering around grinding for sources and macca so I can mess with Fusion.  I WILL have an awesome Jack Frost for this game, I swear it!
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 101 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: