Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2014, 09:40:44 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
319585 Posts in 13044 Topics by 2145 Members
Latest Member: aew0
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  Super RPGFan Game Journal IV - The New Warriors: The Revenge The Movie The Game
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 101 Print
Author Topic: Super RPGFan Game Journal IV - The New Warriors: The Revenge The Movie The Game  (Read 141277 times)
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #315 on: May 09, 2010, 01:27:30 PM »

I finally got past ch.10 in FFXIII last night. God, it was such a pain in the ass.  Going to have to do some serious grinding now.

If you fight every enemy along the way, you shouldn't have to grind at all.

Unlike most RPGs, buffs and debuffs are essential, as well as staggering.

Haha I enjoyed the game's battle system so much, I had no trouble and insisted on fighting each enemy myself.  Game was a breeze for me.

I likehow they made de/buffs essential.  Its about time.

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Jet16

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #316 on: May 09, 2010, 02:37:03 PM »

Recently beat Yakuza 3. Awesome game, now I'm just finishing up some of the side content I didn't do. Other than that I've been playing Nier and have been enjoying it and I attempted to play Splinter Cell Conviction but stopped because I wasn't too impressed. That, and the fact that I've heard it's short made me decide to put it up on eBay for now and buy it again it when it's around 10-15 dollars.
CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #317 on: May 09, 2010, 05:27:41 PM »

So I finally bought my very first music game, guitar hero metallica. The game was selling for 20 euros at dvd.co.uk (it's 23 now though) and you can find a guitar for 30 euros (they're selling the Les Paul for less than 30). I'm having a blast, it's really great. I love having some kind of interaction with these songs that are such a big part of my life, nailing those crazy riffs and solos really gets my adrenaline pumping. I know, I should have learned to play a real instrument, but I didn't.
Also got the gow collection and am currently beating these games on hard, I only played them on normal on the PS2.
Also playing some SSF4 but in a more casual way, I don't find the motivation to invest hundreds of hours into a fighting game just to be really good with a particular character these days, I'd rather put the time into a good rpg or action/adventure game.

Currently playing: Uncharted 3, Dark Souls, Team ICO Collection, Atelier Totori, Child of eden.
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #318 on: May 10, 2010, 11:35:11 PM »

I bought the Civ 4 pack on Steam last night and installed Beyond the Sword. I'm not entirely sure why since after playing the game for awhile I'm sort of questioning a lot of the underlying design of 4x games as a whole and have been for awhile.

- Research bugs me. There've been very few games where I actually liked how the tech systems worked. X-Com, since it mostly involved finding and reverse-engineering alien tech. Crusader Kings, because you set vague, general goals and it actually did tech spread. And Anacreon, because it sort of did tech spread and you weren't researching individual techs so much as specific tech levels.

- The Final Frontier mod is sloooooow.

- I still find the win conditions odd. It's less about overall performance and more about meeting a single goal. I think a more oblique goal like happiness or sustainability or overall civilizedness would work better.

- And it's still a bit stacked towards domination instead of cooperation.

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Superflat
Podcast Mom

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #319 on: May 11, 2010, 12:01:54 AM »

I picked up the Humble Bundle so I could play Gish and Penumbra, and have a Mac version of Aquaria. There's still 16 hours in the sale, and I highly recommend picking it up, even though there's nothing particularly RPG-related. If they raise another $165k or so, the devs are going to release the source code for three of the six games in the pack. And did I mention that it's for charity?

I played a bit more of Assassin's Creed 2, and now that the new game smell has worn off, I'm stuck wondering why everyone loved the game so much.
Esper_Crusader

I love you, Dr. Zaius

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #320 on: May 11, 2010, 12:02:34 PM »

I started up Jeanne D'arc on the PSP over the weekend and I must say that after a few hours, I fell in love with it. The character customization really adds a lot to the basic SRPG formula. Best game of it's kind since FFT.

Currently playing: .

-----------------------------------
"If I can't smoke and swear, I'm F**ked." ~ Ricky
Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Vicious Feminist

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #321 on: May 11, 2010, 12:48:48 PM »

Playing Mana Khemia: Alchemists of Al-Revis - this game is 20 kinds of awesome.

Really, really gutted that the 2nd one hasn't been released in PAL format.

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Here to suck the fun out of games.
Wilsongt

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #322 on: May 11, 2010, 03:07:13 PM »

I've been on a Harvest Moon kick lately. I am playing Sunshine Island, but... I am not too thrilled about it. I enjoy a few things about it, but I do not like the Sun/Water system. I just want to grow crops. Also, the whole Sun stone aspect has gotten me a little annoyed.

So... Since I want to focus mostly on substantial farming without all of the silly strings of Sun/Water levels, soil quality, etc, I am also playing a bit of Friends of Mineral Town. Despite being a Back to Nature clone in hand held form, days go by much, much faster than they did in Back to Nature (probably due to lack of loading), and I am well into my first spring, having already gotten a chicken!

I've been dancing with the idea of starting back up Rune Factory Frontier, but I hate messing with the fucking Runeys.

I am still in Chapter 11 of Final Fantasy XIII. Just made it to
Code:
Oerba.
I have finally gotten a good strategy to beating Vetela so I should be able to grind with ease and finish up that side quest there dealing with the little robot.
Gen Eric Gui

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #323 on: May 11, 2010, 03:42:26 PM »

I've been dancing with the idea of starting back up Rune Factory Frontier, but I hate messing with the fucking Runeys.

So....don't?  I know that messing with the Runey system can get you amazing results, but you don't HAVE to do it.  If it's annoying just ignore it and play the game.
MeshGearFox

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #324 on: May 11, 2010, 07:46:28 PM »

I'd love a more realistic harvest moon game, honestly. Where you had to worry about things like soil depletion and rot and whatever.

o/` I do not dream o/`

Esper_Crusader

I love you, Dr. Zaius

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #325 on: May 11, 2010, 11:17:09 PM »

I had to check out 3D Dot Heroes just for nostalgia and I'm glad I did. None of the brain bending puzzles of Zelda (from what I've read), and all the fun. I tried out the editor but got impatient with it after a few minutes and just dove right in. Just beat the first dungeon with ease. Good times!
« Last Edit: May 12, 2010, 10:26:53 AM by Esper_Crusader » Logged

Currently playing: .

-----------------------------------
"If I can't smoke and swear, I'm F**ked." ~ Ricky
Serene Prophet

sereneprophet@yahoo.com sereneprophet
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #326 on: May 11, 2010, 11:46:28 PM »

I am intrigured by the upcoming Bazaar Harvest Moon.  Ive never really been able to get into the Harvest Moon games much, though I still think its a great series.  Hopefully it turns out fun and not to overly complicated like sunshine islands sounds.

Was working on Dragon Age Awakenings Origins.  Still love the story aspects..but there are alot of things I would like them to fix.  Item appearance variation, more like keep building and such, a more interesting class system, other little things here and there, but overall still an enjoyable game, but then Resonance arrived and ive put that on the backburner since Resonance is a rental and I own awakening so itll be there for me.

Damn I want Fallout New Vegas..the CE they announced is sexy as hell.

Played Just Cause 2 a bit ago...awesome game.  I would have liked some customization to it, maybe a bit longer of a main storyline, I mean there were plenty of missions, but it seemed kind of rushed, no fun twists or anything, though it was pretty insane at parts.  Not sure if I liked the grappling hook and parachute thing.

All I can think of for right now

-Give a man a fire, and hes warm for a day.  Light a man on fire, and hes warm for the rest of his life.-
MeshGearFox

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #327 on: May 12, 2010, 12:02:21 AM »

Got the glide version of Redguard working and it runs fast, but using the menus causes it to crash. I think I'll try it on my XP PC with VDMS. The problem is A) I don't have any harddrive space. B) It's almost required to make a disc image to get the thing running smoothly. C) I really d... wait I have an external HDD nevermind.

What else?

Changed my play style in Civ 4 and it really opened up. I'm hindu russia, situated in the tropics, and trying to monopolize dye.

o/` I do not dream o/`

D-Rider
Former God of RPGFan
Rainbow Club Member

Solitary One

ChlamydiaBlues
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #328 on: May 12, 2010, 08:36:25 PM »

In addition to the games I've been playing for weeks, I've started playing Eternal Sonata a little.  Man, this game is dumb as shit, but I like the simplicity of the battle system. :P

Masamune

XzMaSaMuNezX
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #329 on: May 12, 2010, 08:57:45 PM »

In addition to the games I've been playing for weeks, I've started playing Eternal Sonata a little.  Man, this game is dumb as shit, but I like the simplicity of the battle system. :P

Man, that's one 360 RPG I don't think I'm gonna bother with.  Although the battle system wasn't bad in the demo.. :P.  I'm speeding my way through Dragon Age.  I dunno why but I don't really like this game as much as other Bioware games.  Definitely prefer both the Mass Effect games over DA, not that DA is bad or anything.  I'm going to try out Dragon Age on PC and see if the 360 version is as cheaply ported as it feels.

Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 101 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: