Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 21, 2014, 01:47:12 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Congratulations to Andrew Barker! RPGfan Editor of the Year and now Chief News Editor!
341170 Posts in 13944 Topics by 2222 Members
Latest Member: XanTehMan
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  Super RPGFan Game Journal IV - The New Warriors: The Revenge The Movie The Game
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 101 Print
Author Topic: Super RPGFan Game Journal IV - The New Warriors: The Revenge The Movie The Game  (Read 151654 times)
Sketch
Sam I Am

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #345 on: May 17, 2010, 05:32:42 AM »

So, okay, I've been playing Deus Ex thanks to that crazy 75% off deal via Steam (two games for five bucks!?). I'm almost maybe kind of positive that I'm almost done with it. It's twenty times longer than I thought it would be, but I'm not sure that that's such a good thing. I started getting tired of the way the game is played by the time I got to China. Find Data Cube, punch in numbers, sneak sneak sneak, lockpick, hack computer, use overpowerd Dragon Sword to kill everything, etc.

I'm shocked that this is considered an RPG. There's almost nothing about it that can categorize it anywhere near that genre aside from the point allocation mechanic.

Fun times, though. I've been really impressed with the flow of the game, even though I am getting a bit tired of it.
supersonic
Prefers JRPGs

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #346 on: May 17, 2010, 10:08:43 AM »

Put a few more hours into Magna Carta 2 yesterday. This really is one of the better RPGs I have played recently. Instead of talking about what I like about the game, which is pretty much everything, I will address two things that I do not like:

- enemies seem to scale to your level, which I really, really dislike in general and think it's a cheap way of balancing the difficulty,

- the AI controlling the other party members is not very .... intelligent. The characters get stuck on objects and in general are not as aggressive as they could be.

Other than that, I'm enjoying it a great deal.
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #347 on: May 17, 2010, 06:59:49 PM »

* Spyro 2 - Picked this up in Columbus at a book store. It's pretty great so far. Got 100% on colossus. Working on the Idol level now. I need to get some more oldschool 3D platformers. I have like, this, Rayman 2 and 3, and the Megaman Legend games. And Threads of Fate if that counts, except I didn't like it much.

* BRPG - My engine has saving and loading now. Except I still need to store what the starting level is. Er... whoops.

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #348 on: May 17, 2010, 08:55:31 PM »

Nocturne: It was the White Temple. I eventually managed to beat the boss AND save before dying. :P

In the red temple now, and it's significantly..harder.

NANOMACHINES, SON.
D-Rider
Former God of RPGFan
Rainbow Club Member

Solitary One

ChlamydiaBlues
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #349 on: May 17, 2010, 09:36:37 PM »

I didn't do much today except play a little bit of Torchlight.  I just can't seem to focus on one game these days. :P

Wild Armor
Observer
Contributing Editor

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #350 on: May 18, 2010, 10:01:21 AM »

Started playing Sudeki for Xbox. LOL.

Avatar Author's sig: Let me know if you know this author. :)
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #351 on: May 18, 2010, 11:29:53 AM »

Started up Suikoden 1 two days ago. I've just recruited one of the five generals. I'm counting on some wise guy know-it-all to let me know who to keep an eye out for.

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Akanbe-

Cheap? I paid a lot for this hat!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #352 on: May 18, 2010, 12:50:45 PM »

Started up Suikoden 1 two days ago. I've just recruited one of the five generals. I'm counting on some wise guy know-it-all to let me know who to keep an eye out for.

That's a pretty good idea.  I've been in the mood for some nostalgia and was trying to think of a SNES game to play.  Perhaps I should be looking at PSX games instead.  Suikoden 1 or Suikoden 2 both sound like good choices.

"Karma is...secret top tier"~Starmongoose
PSN ID: Akanbe9
MeshGearFox

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #353 on: May 19, 2010, 12:18:28 AM »

Spyro 2 - Got 100% on Ocean Speedway. Doing hurricano next.

Ultima 7 - Got Jaana. Her hawk is a weapon. I never knew that before.

Metal Saga - Uh... I keep forgetting to play this.

Nameless Strategy Game - Did initial spritework and planning for this game. Gonna try and get the "culture spreads along roads" thing working too.

o/` I do not dream o/`

Sagacious-T

Official Pony Thread

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #354 on: May 19, 2010, 05:02:23 AM »

I really want to get into some obscure games this summer. Stuff with deep storylines. Anyone have some recommendations?
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #355 on: May 19, 2010, 05:08:56 AM »

You're asking on the wrong topic! Though you may as well play the Mother games and Planescape: Torment if you haven't already, and play Killer7 if all you really want is a good mindfuck.
MeshGearFox

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #356 on: May 19, 2010, 09:53:40 AM »

Play Ultima 7 if you haven't. Shit's pretty cash, bro. It's about Scientology, and awesomely scathing. Also the fact that it mostly plays like an adventure game with combat and ignores the number-wonk and archaicisms that plagued most old-school PC RPGs means that it remains perfectly playable today.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2010, 11:08:42 AM by MeshGearFox » Logged

o/` I do not dream o/`

Sagacious-T

Official Pony Thread

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #357 on: May 19, 2010, 10:59:12 AM »

I've played all of those but I haven't played the latest Mother! Hehe thanks guys.
Perley
Gunslinger Extraordinare

You feelin' lucky, punk

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #358 on: May 19, 2010, 12:31:58 PM »

Slowly getting back my once proud collect of PS/PS2 games. In the meantime, dicking around on SF4 for my phone while I play Nocturne. Forgotten how much I loved the Mega Ten series.
Wild Armor
Observer
Contributing Editor

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #359 on: May 19, 2010, 02:44:47 PM »

About 5 hour into Sudeki. It's not as bad as I had imagined.

Avatar Author's sig: Let me know if you know this author. :)
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 101 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: