Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 23, 2014, 02:00:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334711 Posts in 13708 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  Super RPGFan Game Journal IV - The New Warriors: The Revenge The Movie The Game
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 101 Print
Author Topic: Super RPGFan Game Journal IV - The New Warriors: The Revenge The Movie The Game  (Read 149010 times)
Esper_Crusader

I love you, Dr. Zaius

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #360 on: May 19, 2010, 04:34:01 PM »

Red Dead Redemption. This game is the tits!

Currently playing: .

-----------------------------------
"If I can't smoke and swear, I'm F**ked." ~ Ricky
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #361 on: May 19, 2010, 07:19:55 PM »

Morrowind - Mostly finished the "talk to Blades agents in Vivec" quest, except I need to get a book from somewhere to finish it.

Ultima 7 - Dickin' around in Cove. Talked to Rudyom, got some paper signed, etc. Waiting for Raymundo to show up so I can do his play.

Metal Saga - Explored the Morgue Town sewers. Can't find the sewer monster. Also tried going to monkey mountain but my tanks all asploded.

Chrono Cross - Just got up to Chronopolis. Still having a hard time finding some of the Level 7 techs.

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Dizzy

死ぬがよい

awe.of.she.1@gmail.com
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #362 on: May 20, 2010, 05:09:33 AM »

A friend picked up Monster Hunter Tri, so I'm currently helping him out with his quests, whenever I have the time.

Mostly playing 3D Dot Game Heroes though. I just got to the Fire Temple. Having the Excalibur in the Aqua Temple made it super easy. The Wire-rod really gets you access to a fuckton of power-ups really early. :D
I'm also trying to make retarded Cloud Strife in a wheelchair in the editor, just because. :P
Totally in love with this game. <3

Still playing Deathsmiles on and off too. Achievement-whoring etc etc.

I'm going to pick up Trauma Team, and Alan Wake tomorrow (I hope).

eXaX

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #363 on: May 21, 2010, 08:32:05 PM »

Mostly been playing RE5. It's interesting how much I like the game considering I didn't even like the fourth one (LE GASP). Finished it once on normal, going through it again on Veteran. Also, the Lost in Nightmares DLC was something I really enjoyed.

Also The Experiment (PC). Cool game, slightly unusual but cool.

dalucifer0
시발놈

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #364 on: May 21, 2010, 10:04:12 PM »

I'm finally playing video games again.

P4, on April 18 or 19. Yukiko's shadow was making my team look like a bitch.

Pokemon Platinum. I can' get past the second person in the Elite 4, so I'm level grinding a Tropius and a Gyarados, both around level 30. Have a long ways to go. I got through most of the game relying on Infernape...
MeshGearFox

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #365 on: May 22, 2010, 05:37:38 PM »

Metal Saga - Dicked around in the sewers for awhile, failed to find demon. Then I read a faq and found that I need to go to Torikami to get the... ... bounty first. Derp. In torikami now. Music's fucking sweet.

Morrowind - Juined Imoerial Cult. Did the first shrine sergeant quest, mostly via creative item usage* in order to not get caught. Did some neat quest from LGNPC. About to do the first Ahnassi quest.

So basically I was reading about Mammoth Caves lately and that got me wanting to play an oldschool dungeon crawl. Namely, one that takes place in a cave. Problem is that most of the cave-based, oldschool dungeon crawls aren't that good anymore, or don't have a proper atmosphere about them. So, basically, while I do, as far as I know, like, say, Dragon Wars, that's not cave-based.

However, I do find ultima underworld 1 and 2 quite playable. Same for Arx Fatalis and King's Field 1 (2 JP). UU2 is interesting because it actuallyfollows U7's storyline, which makes me happy, but UU and KF have a much better... weird underground civilization feeling. I think Arx Fatalis play's the best out of the four of them, and has a great atmosphere, but the storyline's a bit silly.

Other options include getting the fuck back to Zork or playing Adventure, as those were actually based on the Mammoth caves (Adventure muuuch moreso than Zork). Or the original Shivers. I liked those games for whatever reason. I need to go through my box. Wizardry 5 is also sort of a candidate.

I'm opened to suggestions. Looking more for RPGs and adventure games set in... caves. Less sidescrollers. I have plenty of Metroidvanias to play.

(Not really looking at Gothic 2. Which doesn't have caves, anyway, but also feels more... it's a fall game. Fall and winter. Not for summer. Not to me at least).

Leaning towards getting back into Devil Summoner 2, again. Probably do that after i shut off Metal Saga.

Goddamn Torikami music is fucking sweet .

* I wanna make a morrowind mod that turns off leveling and forces the player to rely solely on items or something. That might not work at all. That's sort of the point of BRPG, though, which I... made some floor and column sprites for. No idea where that's going.

o/` I do not dream o/`

kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #366 on: May 23, 2010, 11:25:14 AM »

Beat the black temple boss in Nocturne. Red temple one is currently kicking my ass. Must find more phys resists stuff...

NANOMACHINES, SON.
MeshGearFox

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #367 on: May 23, 2010, 11:51:14 AM »

Try to get that... blue clay doll guy. Aki... something. It's immune to physical.

Anyway, Metal Saga. Beat the sewer demon. What's cool is that when I teleported back to Morgue Town, it was... raining! I never knew this game had weather effects (even though I'm pretty sure it says so in TFM). Anyway, gonna go kill Orochi and then King Kong, I guess. Thinking about dropping of Kiriya in favor of Misha but Kiriya's cooler.

o/` I do not dream o/`

Sketch
Sam I Am

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #368 on: May 24, 2010, 02:24:19 AM »

Super Mario Galaxy 2 yyyeeesssssssss!

Yoshi is a bamf.
supersonic
Prefers JRPGs

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #369 on: May 24, 2010, 01:07:15 PM »

Magna Carta 2 - 31 hours in, and still enjoying it a whole lot. The two complaints (poor AI and scaling enemies) I had in my previous post still apply, but they are not game-breaking, at least for me. The side-quests have become more interesting too, at least some of them.

I've also been playing Riviera on the PSP. Around 5 hours in and it's slowly growing on me.
Superflat
Podcast Mom

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #370 on: May 25, 2010, 02:41:03 PM »

Geometry Wars + Audiosurf = Beat Hazard. I picked it up on Steam the other week and never got around to playing it until now, but I love Geometry Wars and I enjoy listening to music so this one is a bunch of fun.

Also, Red Dead Redemption. Just made it into Mexico. Lots of fun. I wish I was a bad guy though, I feel like I'm not taking full advantage of the game's ability to hogtie people and put them on the train tracks.
MeshGearFox

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #371 on: May 26, 2010, 01:02:04 PM »

I picked up Call of Pripyat a few days ago from Impulse and it's fuKFCen sweet. I greatly appreciate the built-in DX8 compatibility, given that my PC is made of dicks and pinecones. All my good weapons are out of ammo because of bloodsuckers and "I can't aim", so I'm stuck with a pistol and AK-74 flavored things. Pistols are powerfulish but slow. AK-74s are powerfulish but break after like four minutes.

Metel Saga - Beat Orochi. Also tried to buy a tanuki statue for my in-game sister so that she could wake up to a facefull of tanukinards every morning, but accidentally sent it to in-game mom. But it wasn't actually a tanuki afterall so everything's good. And then I bought a fireplace for my own room but it doesn't really go in there, so...

o/` I do not dream o/`

Esper_Crusader

I love you, Dr. Zaius

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #372 on: May 26, 2010, 06:30:38 PM »

Alan Wake, RDR, Crisis Core and God of War:CoO.  All good:)

Currently playing: .

-----------------------------------
"If I can't smoke and swear, I'm F**ked." ~ Ricky
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #373 on: May 27, 2010, 02:10:08 AM »

Poke Mon Z: So I FINALLY caught a female Burmy off of a honey tree after three days of honeying up six trees every 12 hours. Now I just need three more Burmys (two more females and one more male) and a Munchlax and then I'll be done with honey trees forever. I've also reduced the number of swarming pokes down to three and I've hatched both eggs holding my Wynat and Shuppet respectfully.

Next time on Poke Mon Z: Evolving my goddamn Skorpi and Swablu (eventually) *shoots self*.

Suki 1: Haven't had much time to dick around with it. I've now got the map though (and a combo attack that wrecks random scrubs shit seriously).

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #374 on: May 27, 2010, 12:54:53 PM »

Nocturne: Took me long enough to kick Skadi's ass. I just loaded up on Magatama and party members with phys resist.

So... that's it for Amala for the time being. Now it's off to Asakusa.

NANOMACHINES, SON.
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 101 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: