Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 22, 2014, 12:31:36 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Subject: Persona 3: FES
Prize: $20 eShop, PSN or Steam code
Date: 3rd October 2014 Time: 16:00 EST
331871 Posts in 13590 Topics by 2191 Members
Latest Member: Zaltys
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  Super RPGFan Game Journal IV - The New Warriors: The Revenge The Movie The Game
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 101 Print
Author Topic: Super RPGFan Game Journal IV - The New Warriors: The Revenge The Movie The Game  (Read 147511 times)
Masamune

XzMaSaMuNezX
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #450 on: June 13, 2010, 04:05:36 AM »

I think FF5 is the only SNES FF remake I haven't played.  Well, that and FF4 for the GBA, but I've played enough god damn versions of FF4.  Anyways, I can't really get into anything now days.  I'm playing Front Mission 3.  I'm enjoying it, even though it's old and the graphics are super PS1.

Perley
Gunslinger Extraordinare

You feelin' lucky, punk

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #451 on: June 13, 2010, 12:44:52 PM »

Still plugging away at Chaos Rings. Three out four couples down. I really like how the latest one i went through wasn't as predictable as the first two. I'm glad they kept the same story line fresh for all of the couples.
Raziel

Megaten Fan

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #452 on: June 14, 2010, 06:44:00 AM »

Final Fantasy VIII:

Code:
Just finished the battle with Fujin and Raijin. God dammit, I forgot to draw the GF from Fujin (Pandemonium) or something, and my other save is somewhere in the beginning of Fisherman's Horizon. Sucks, really sucks. Oh well, missing a few GF's shouldn't be too much of a problem, although sucks that I missed Wind GF, as most of the enemies are vulnerable to wind and poison.
daschrier

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #453 on: June 14, 2010, 09:23:24 AM »

I beat Shadow Hearts: Covenant. It was fun, although the second DVD felt rushed and in general not as interesting as the European part of the game. One major complaint: it was pathetically easy. I didn't die even one time and I couldn't believe that the final boss was really the final boss...It's great how they came up with all those character-specific systems, like tarot cards and whatnot, but there is absolutely ZERO incentive to use them, since there is no challenge that would require you go beyond the standard combat. I actually feel that the first Shadow Hearts is the better game.

Maybe all this criticism stems from me being burned out on JRPGs at the moment...It happened before and then I stopped playing them for two years. We'll see how it goes this time...

I too loved this game, but agree that it was so easy there was no need to use magic or any of the other character's abilities. Also, if you spend time doing all the sidequests, the final boss was a complete joke.
Wilsongt

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #454 on: June 14, 2010, 12:49:24 PM »

Sealed Library in Hexyz Force. I'm really enjoying it so far.
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #455 on: June 15, 2010, 07:35:34 AM »

Final Fantasy VIII:

Code:
Just finished the battle with Fujin and Raijin. God dammit, I forgot to draw the GF from Fujin (Pandemonium) or something, and my other save is somewhere in the beginning of Fisherman's Horizon. Sucks, really sucks. Oh well, missing a few GF's shouldn't be too much of a problem, although sucks that I missed Wind GF, as most of the enemies are vulnerable to wind and poison.

Yeah that fight sucks.

Also you're well past the point where GFs are actually worth the time to use in combat anymore. Maxing out Str, Spd, and spamming limit breaks will pretty much carry you through the game. Unfortunately what you will be missing out on is its magic refinement and equipable abilities (fortunately outside of Spd +40% Pandemona really sucks (and that's both figuratively and literally) and there are even better sources of Spd +40%). Also...

Code:
there is a second chance for you to net almost any GF you've missed (save for Odin's replacement) within the final dungeon of the game. You'll know it when you see it.

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Raziel

Megaten Fan

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #456 on: June 15, 2010, 04:19:19 PM »

FFVIII:

Code:
Before going to Trabia, I decided to check out Shumi Village. I did the little side-quest there, and got to know the Shumis a bit more. It was kind of neat, actually. I mean, you had this little fetch quest where you expected somekind of a reward, yet the Elder offered you nothing. I think it was a clever comment on gamer mentality, as you always expect a materialistic reward for a task.

The orphanage scene was awesome, and really brought characters closer. I didn't expect the Matron to be Edea, although now I'm even more interested as to what happened to her. I hope there's a final showdown between Seifer and Squall. It's difficult to put in words, but despite not being brought up in an orphanage, there was a sense of nostalgy in that scene, not to mention it was pretty much the first time where you could really feel the friendship between Squall & co. For some reason, Squall continues to be interesting. He's a bit different from your typical JRPG hero.
Esper_Crusader

I love you, Dr. Zaius

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #457 on: June 15, 2010, 07:38:02 PM »

FFVIII is rad, I don't care what anyone says.  Anywho, I'm playing C&C Red Alert 3.  Haven't played one of the RTS's in ages.

Currently playing: .

-----------------------------------
"If I can't smoke and swear, I'm F**ked." ~ Ricky
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #458 on: June 16, 2010, 01:58:25 AM »

FFVI - decided to replay it after I got my bud a copy for his birthday.  ...why do the Figaro brothers completely conquer that game?

Also threw on some FF9.  It's a lot funnier than I remember!  And I like it!  It's silly and fun.  Battles are simple but still need some tact.  Geat characters, each add something.  Vivi is adorable, and Steiner makes me smile. =)

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #459 on: June 16, 2010, 05:41:43 PM »

The relative cuteness of FFIX, especially at the start, makes the Heavy Shit that goes on later a lot more... poignant. Mortality is sort of a major theme in it, but like... Okay, death was a big part of FFVII and probably the main theme of FFX, but both of those were just so constantly heavy about it that there weren't any dynamics, there. FFX was just one long hurricane of Sin killing people and towns and things. FFIX has darker moments but it also has completely happy moments, so it works better. Also it's more like REM's Automatic for the People in that it's about living with the awareness of mortality and not about death per se in the way FFX was. Which is a much more nuanced angle than you usually see in videogames.

Still in Hell's Kitchen in Deus Ex. About to raid the warehouse, but I have a few more things left to do. Shifter mod is interesting in that it gives you small amounts of HP for beating enemies, with bonuses for doing really well (Like, headshots, or unnoticed takedowns). i really liked Deus Ex's original method of only giving skill points out for accomplishing things or exploring, but this DOES help mitigate some of the less useful skills, since upgrading isn't as weighty.

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Dizzy

死ぬがよい

awe.of.she.1@gmail.com
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #460 on: June 17, 2010, 05:38:10 AM »

Still playing Trauma Team on and off. Not really progressing much, since I'm trying to get a better rank on the stages I did finish.

Going to try out SPELUNKER mode in 3D Dot Game Heroes. Bracing for frustration. :P

Trying to 1CC with all the characters in Deathsmiles. Unfortunately, I'm not THAT great at SHMUPs. :l Got all the easier achievements out of the way though.

Finished Lunar: Silver Star Harmony, and was quite happy with it. Despite the small flaws, this is most definitely my favorite rendition of the game. Can't wait for the second game to get a PSP remake.

Finished with Cecilia's story, in Hexyz Force. About to start up Levant's side. I'm really enjoying the game a lot.

(Tunnels)
Professional Thinger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #461 on: June 17, 2010, 06:37:06 PM »

Started Suikoden V and got up to shortly after recruiting Lucretia. Now I am putting it on hold for Agarest War. Near the end of the 1st Generation, and shooting for Elaine. Just gotta beat this durned final boss and then I can move on. I'm really enjoying it and the mousepad has provided plenty of sophomoric, immature laughs. :P

Edited for my idiocy. :P
« Last Edit: June 17, 2010, 09:11:02 PM by (Tunnels) » Logged
Darilon
Level 5 Spoony Bard

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #462 on: June 17, 2010, 06:40:22 PM »

Started Suikoden VI and got up to shortly after recruiting Lucretia.

A spark of hope was utterly dashed.

I have been playing The Dark Spire. Needless to say I have been dying quite often. I managed to get through both Etrian Odyssey games but this game may hate me even more.

(Tunnels)
Professional Thinger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #463 on: June 17, 2010, 09:11:34 PM »

Started Suikoden VI and got up to shortly after recruiting Lucretia.

A spark of hope was utterly dashed.

I have been playing The Dark Spire. Needless to say I have been dying quite often. I managed to get through both Etrian Odyssey games but this game may hate me even more.

Gotta learn to start proofreading my posts more. >.<
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #464 on: June 17, 2010, 10:40:21 PM »

Deus Ex - Back in Battery Park. And by that I mean I'm beyond Battery Park and somewhere in the subway.

STALKER: SoC - About to do stuff with Mole. Also >:C at constant bandit raids in Garbage. Jesus H. L. Roosevelt McGuillicutty "Big Butter" "Touchdown" "RIP 04 - 10" "Wireframe" Christ.

Metal Saga - Killed the disassembler. Got special scene with Kiriya. Scene was :(

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 101 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: