Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 21, 2014, 12:24:44 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
329304 Posts in 13490 Topics by 2177 Members
Latest Member: Lian_Kazairl
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  Super RPGFan Game Journal IV - The New Warriors: The Revenge The Movie The Game
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 101 Print
Author Topic: Super RPGFan Game Journal IV - The New Warriors: The Revenge The Movie The Game  (Read 146321 times)
Sketch
Sam I Am
Contributing Editor

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #525 on: June 27, 2010, 05:13:24 AM »

I beat Final Fantasy Tactics and literally have nothing to play or beat (except for shudder-fests like Ephemeral Fantasia), so I decided to pop in Threads of Fate to get my nostalgia on. Ended up beating it in five hours because of all the stat bonuses I got back when I first beat the game.

I also purchased a copy of Thousand Arms off of eBay, which I'm pretty stoked for. Also thinking about snagging Shadow Madness and Final Fantasy VIII.
GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

OK, options aren't SO bad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #526 on: June 27, 2010, 11:35:07 AM »

God of War III keeps getting more gross and interesting. I killed a titan (weird battle, but cool), got it on with Aphrodite, and got two weapons (the arms and the whip) ..oh and Hermes' boots. Maybe some other stuff.
Whoa! No fair! You're ahead of me! I need to get some serious game on today. I was about to "get it on" with Aphrodite Friday night when the freaking power went out all of a sudden. Weird.

Playing:
Reading: Mistborn by Brandon Sanderson
ULTROS!
People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Contributing Editor

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #527 on: June 27, 2010, 11:40:37 AM »

Regarding Aphrodite

[spoiler]best sex scene I've ever seen in the God of War games[/spoiler]

"I feel ugly, I need a hard drink" - Maribel of Dragon Quest VII

kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #528 on: June 27, 2010, 11:40:52 AM »

God of War III keeps getting more gross and interesting. I killed a titan (weird battle, but cool), got it on with Aphrodite, and got two weapons (the arms and the whip) ..oh and Hermes' boots. Maybe some other stuff.
Whoa! No fair! You're ahead of me! I need to get some serious game on today. I was about to "get it on" with Aphrodite Friday night when the freaking power went out all of a sudden. Weird.
The electricity didn't want you to screw a goddess? How mean.

It's hard to put the game down even when I die a bunch of times... I must have done 5-6 hours at least yesterday. =P

Regarding Aphrodite

[spoiler]best sex scene I've ever seen in the God of War games[/spoiler]
But how many God of War games have a sex minigame? This and I? I didn't think II had one, unless I blatantly missed it.

Also super late, but yeah, Harp Hero was annoying.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2010, 11:45:00 AM by kyuusei » Logged

NANOMACHINES, SON.
ULTROS!
People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Contributing Editor

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #529 on: June 27, 2010, 01:01:13 PM »

II had one. It's near the start (also it's kinda hidden, when you crash on the jacuzzi place, you have to destroy the folding screens)

"I feel ugly, I need a hard drink" - Maribel of Dragon Quest VII

MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #530 on: June 27, 2010, 08:58:11 PM »

okay.

So I played the Painkiller demo. It's supposed to be a throwback to oldschool FPSes. Serious Sam was the same way. Also played the demo for that.

The thing is, Painkiller's levels are linear as hell and you have to kill every enemy in a segment of that level to progress. So, I'm wondering if the people calling it a throwback even played oldschool FPSes because Doom was explorationy as hell.

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Jet16

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #531 on: June 27, 2010, 09:59:52 PM »

Finished Alan Wake yesterday.The story, atmosphere and gameplay are all great but I had a mixed response to the deliberately ambiguous ending. I suppose the planned DLC will elucidate the ending a bit, though I wish Remedy would have done that with the main game. Overall I had a great time with it. I'm also reading the book that came along with the limited edition, and it adds a good bit to the story. Interestingly the bonus disc comes with an install that adds an in-game commentary, so I may actually replay the game on Nightmare sooner than I thought to check out that addition. Other than that, I'm playing Metro 2033 and loving it. I also plan on picking up where I left off in Strange Journey, Nier and Parasite Eve sometime.
(Tunnels)
Professional Thinger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #532 on: June 27, 2010, 10:53:23 PM »

Beat Sakura Wars 1 for the first time, and got the Sumire ending. Replaying it now, but dunno if I wanna choose Kohran or Maria. Also finished Agarest Generation 1 about a week ago, and chose Elaine. Kinda in the mood for a good shooter now...
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #533 on: June 27, 2010, 11:16:48 PM »

Beat Chrono Cross - the right way.

Ironically; the final battle against "TD" involves none of the beefed up weaponry I had, and didn't even involve almighty Glenn in the final party.  Rather I had the ex-girlfriend (Leena) and blond-aussie (Kid).
Instead; you need to make a magic-touting party and "play" magic to a certain someone's theme song in order to free a spoiler.

Victory was ours! And after the bizarre jig-saw ending, showing various, somehow related and ambiguous ending we have a GREAT New Game + (a Fast Forward button should be in EVERY GODDAMN VIDEO GAME....ESPECIALLY RPGs and their stupid love of EFFECTS!!)

... I think I'm left with a sort of underwhelmed final act however.
Too much story detail is given in mere speech bubbles - scenes that I would have LOVED to see acted out in the (back then) enhanced graphics that the PSX offered over the SNES.  The "burning orphanage" was awesome to see; but all too brief.
MAJOR, HUGE, FANGASMIC details are provided by the three "ghost children" in speech bubbles at the 11th hour.  Showing a cutscene of some of Chrono Triggers post-incidences would have easily gotten me ....er, wet (sorry, gross, and extremely over-emphasized).

Nevertheless - awesome game.

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Wilsongt

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #534 on: June 28, 2010, 08:08:13 AM »

Beat Danaan in Rune Factory last night. Pretty easy seeing as how I am level 95. Level grinding is really easy when you're grinding for rare material to make equipment with. Anyway, will try to beat Greed today and finally put Rune Factory on the shelf in favor of... Rune Factory 2. Or something else. I dunno.
GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

OK, options aren't SO bad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #535 on: June 28, 2010, 08:55:27 AM »

GoWIII - The Aphrodite scene was "amusing", especially with my wife watching next to me. She commented that the whole thing was pretty "sad" and obviously made by men without a proper "outlet", if you know what I mean. I don't remember the similar scenes from the first two.
after that:
Code:
The battle with Chronos was bizarre. I died numerous times during the different stages of it, before figuring out what to do. Still damn epic, though. Then I went back to the Smith guy, whooped his ass, and now have my bad ass electricity whips. Look forward to using them
I like how dying doesn't send you back too far. The checkpoints are almost too reasonable. Makes dying just a minor annoyance. Considering how often I die, this is a good thing.

Playing:
Reading: Mistborn by Brandon Sanderson
kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #536 on: June 28, 2010, 10:27:36 AM »

GoWIII - The Aphrodite scene was "amusing", especially with my wife watching next to me. She commented that the whole thing was pretty "sad" and obviously made by men without a proper "outlet", if you know what I mean. I don't remember the similar scenes from the first two.
after that:
Code:
The battle with Chronos was bizarre. I died numerous times during the different stages of it, before figuring out what to do. Still damn epic, though. Then I went back to the Smith guy, whooped his ass, and now have my bad ass electricity whips. Look forward to using them
I like how dying doesn't send you back too far. The checkpoints are almost too reasonable. Makes dying just a minor annoyance. Considering how often I die, this is a good thing.

Yeah, that battle was weird, but epic. I died a LOT of times in one of the last phases of the battle (on the arm) just because I didn't know where to go. I love that there's lots of checkpoints because like you, I die a lot. :P

I didn't do so well in entertaining Aphrodite the second time around. You probably get way less orbs anyway. I got to the labyrinth and ran into Hera, and that's about it.

NANOMACHINES, SON.
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #537 on: June 28, 2010, 09:19:31 PM »

Got to human level 2 in AvP. It's growing on me.

Tried the Bioshock demo. I think I can get this running at a playable framerate. It'll be ugly, but it'll work.

Also Dice I need to finish up CC again. I want to write about my thoughts on some of the themes and things I felt were going on there.

Also a serious Threads of Fate question about the first boss, with Mint. The horse thing. How the hell do you dodge it when it starts running at you, short of running before it even starts charging (and sometimes it'd still chase me down, even with that). Also the stat gain system bugs me. Losing HP to get max HP boosts is sort of bizarre because if you're playing at all competently during the normal levels you're not really losing much HP. Except you need more HP during the bosses, from what I remember, so...
« Last Edit: June 28, 2010, 09:40:17 PM by MeshGearFox » Logged

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Esper_Crusader

I love you, Dr. Zaius

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #538 on: June 29, 2010, 01:57:03 AM »

I beat the Decepticon campaign in Transformers: WFC.  Awesome. Seriously, if you even remotely like the Transformers, play this.  The story is what the friggin' movies should have been about.  I would say that it's this years "Arkham Aysylum". Well...maybe not THAT good, but damn close.

Currently playing: .

-----------------------------------
"If I can't smoke and swear, I'm F**ked." ~ Ricky
D-Rider
Former God of RPGFan
Rainbow Club Member

Solitary One

ChlamydiaBlues
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #539 on: June 29, 2010, 08:46:50 PM »

I think I'm getting close to the end of Nier.  I'm picking up key shards of some sort from all the old areas and I'm only lacking one.  I'm gonna be sad to see this one go; this game has been a major breath of fresh air for me, but I shouldn't postpone this any longer, especially since there are multiple endings.

Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 101 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: