Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 25, 2014, 03:20:43 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334802 Posts in 13711 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  Super RPGFan Game Journal IV - The New Warriors: The Revenge The Movie The Game
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 101 Print
Author Topic: Super RPGFan Game Journal IV - The New Warriors: The Revenge The Movie The Game  (Read 149101 times)
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #540 on: July 01, 2010, 08:32:49 PM »

NSMBWii: Up to Bowser's Castle. It's that and stage 7 of World 8, and then its on to World 9.

Glory of Heracles: And now the old-skool grind is felt in full force. The encounter rate is fucking ridiculous. Thankfully (?) there isn't much if any exploration so I don't have to put up with the encounter rate that much per battle. Also its very hard to run out of any resources at this point. The Herc's both have health regeneration, and everyone else is in the back row tossing spells at everything.

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Wilsongt

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #541 on: July 01, 2010, 10:26:28 PM »

Beat Rune Factory a few days ago, so am just doing bits and pieces of Rune Factory 2 here and there. Only about five days into it and doing some quests. Nothing special.

Picked up Dragon Quest IV again because I am getting hyped for DQIX. Got Ragnar back so I am now just moving right along.
D-Rider
Former God of RPGFan
Rainbow Club Member

Solitary One

ChlamydiaBlues
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #542 on: July 01, 2010, 10:35:57 PM »

Man, Nier sure did manage to squeeze in a whole lot of mindfuck in that last hour. :P  So much so, it compelled me to instantly load up the save I made at the end.  I really like that you don't have to start all the way from the start in order to see the other endings.

I'm looking forward to plowing through the rest of this again, because I've already seen some new shit that totally changes everything. :P

CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #543 on: July 02, 2010, 04:30:17 AM »

Finished RoF, great game. Now I can concentrate on Demon's Souls and Infamous. That's what I'll be playing untill GT5 hits.

Currently playing: Uncharted 3, Dark Souls, Team ICO Collection, Atelier Totori, Child of eden.
Sketch
Sam I Am

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #544 on: July 02, 2010, 10:27:17 AM »

Also a serious Threads of Fate question about the first boss, with Mint. The horse thing. How the hell do you dodge it when it starts running at you, short of running before it even starts charging (and sometimes it'd still chase me down, even with that). Also the stat gain system bugs me. Losing HP to get max HP boosts is sort of bizarre because if you're playing at all competently during the normal levels you're not really losing much HP. Except you need more HP during the bosses, from what I remember, so...

I just replayed the game about a week ago, except I did it with Rue, not Mint. That, and my stats were buffed so bad from New Game+ that I literally killed that horse guy in one hit.

Anyway, isn't there a set of pillars holding up a balcony near the backside of the atelier/building?  Maybe you could use those to block the charge attacks? Other than that, dude, just grind. Let some pollywogs gnaw you to hell until your HP is decent enough. You can also buy stat upgrades from one of the shops in town (+10HP per purchase, I think), but those are crazy expensive.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2010, 10:30:06 AM by Sketch » Logged
D-Rider
Former God of RPGFan
Rainbow Club Member

Solitary One

ChlamydiaBlues
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #545 on: July 02, 2010, 05:24:36 PM »

Nier's second ending has been seen.  Definitely a little more upbeat than the first. :P

Number three entails getting every weapon.  I'm not so sure I want to do that right now.

kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #546 on: July 03, 2010, 04:05:45 AM »

Just got to Daedus. God of War III goes back and forth between epic and weird.

Edit: And.. back in Hades.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2010, 04:41:18 AM by kyuusei » Logged

NANOMACHINES, SON.
Sketch
Sam I Am

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #547 on: July 04, 2010, 06:17:29 AM »

I ended up beating Thousand Arms tonight at around 22 hours or something like that. The reviews I've been reading made it out to be a much longer game, so I was honestly expecting something in the 30s or 40s, but whatever.

I'll tell you what, like a lot of other "save the world" RPGs, this one started off so strong, and ended up tapering out by the time the obligatory sacred flames of light/power/friendship came into the picture. I hate to see games with so much promise and personality get shoved down the shitter when the actual storyline comes into play.

I guess I had fun with it, though. There were definitely dialogue moments that had me cracking up. This game has some of the funniest voice actors and dopiest dialogue I've ever heard in games period.
Willy Elektrix
Lord of the Sword

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #548 on: July 04, 2010, 05:48:55 PM »

Ultima Exodus on NES. Grind...

I've also been playing more Kenka Bancho on PSP. My favorite taunt: "You're just the baby school."
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #549 on: July 05, 2010, 02:11:27 AM »

Got the Void during the Steam sale. Currently just stated the second cycle. Trying to open the Nameless Sister's second heart.

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #550 on: July 05, 2010, 02:43:59 AM »

So apparently I beat God of War III.

It would have been better if some random person hadn't spoiled the game's ending at E3 while I played Ghost of Sparta...
Code:
"Didn't Kratos kill himself?"
Groan. Should have seen it coming anyways. Great game. I want to do Titan mode.

NANOMACHINES, SON.
Esper_Crusader

I love you, Dr. Zaius

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #551 on: July 05, 2010, 09:37:38 AM »

I've been playing some Phantasy Star II, C&C: red alert 3, and Metro 2033 lately. I really need to pick ONE game and go with it for a while.

Currently playing: .

-----------------------------------
"If I can't smoke and swear, I'm F**ked." ~ Ricky
Akanbe-

Cheap? I paid a lot for this hat!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #552 on: July 05, 2010, 11:44:23 PM »

Started playing accent core again.  Not sure why I stopped playing the series before but I love it.  CvS2 and that were are the shit. 

Chugging along in Fire Emblem.  Finished the massive chapter 29 on Hector's side, but poor Nino got nixed when I forgot about Vaida.  Oh well.  Probably will play another 2 or so chapters then put it down to play something else.

"Karma is...secret top tier"~Starmongoose
PSN ID: Akanbe9
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #553 on: July 06, 2010, 12:38:08 AM »

I'm on a PS3 kick lately... (thanks for the help guys!)

Little Big Planet - cool, but I don't see the hype.  It's fun, better with a friend, but simple.  It makes it up with charm (though, truthfully, if I knew then what I know now, I wouldn't have been happy paying full price...!).  Like like nonetheless!

Uncharted 2 - skipped the first (saw a friend play anyways) - really cool game.  I missed ALL the treasures in the first chapter.... HOW DOES THAT HAPPEN!!?!?  Girls NEVER neglect SHINY objects!!! D:
One thing that pisses me off is I have NO idea what is grabbable sometimes and end up jumping against walls for a bit.  It also follows the Assassin's Creed plague that the controls muddy up a lot too - no, Drake, why would I want to cover against a wall when no one is firing at me!!!!???
Cool game, lots of fun, great dialogue.  Kinda like a cooler National Treasure starring someone better than Nick Cage.

Heavy Rain - I hate walking in this game, mainly because (yeah, its less realistic) running game-style shaves hours off my life.  Minor nit-pick (oh, voices are off and odd too).  Great game; very dramatic, and very interesting.

Folklore - barely touched it against the myriad of other games... interesting so far, wanna play more (promised bro I'd play this with him - it was one of the first titles we eyed when the PS3 came out).

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Kstar
Editor Emeritus

I Remember Everything

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #554 on: July 06, 2010, 01:27:15 AM »

I tried playing Ghostbusters this weekend and the controls are a little too wonky for my liking.  Then the game froze midway through while I was trying to exterminate the ghosts in a level.  I refused to start it back up again because the whole setup for each area is rather long-winded.  My effort goes into catching these ghosts than I'd like. haha.   

I also devoted some time to Sakura Wars So Long My Love.  I have mixed emotions on this.  Part of me finds myself playing it like a guilty pleasure even though it's lacking in certain areas i.e. wonky controls and a drawn out battle system.  I'll admit I enjoy more the choose your own dialogue parts than I do actually battling.  We'll see what happens as I play more. 

Working on Blue Dragon: Awakened Shadow - the game can be a lot more difficult than I ever expected it to be.  It's decent, not great, but you can tell the effort went into this one, moreso than I anticipated.  So, I'm really at the point where I see where it gets things right, but then little things it ignored or does wrong get in the way of my enjoyment. 

"We're all lying in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars" -Oscar Wilde

"To be a star, you must shine your own light, follow your own path, and don't worry about the darkness, for that is when the stars shine brightest."
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 101 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: