Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 23, 2014, 08:26:21 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Subject: Persona 3: FES
Prize: $20 eShop, PSN or Steam code
Date: 3rd October 2014 Time: 16:00 EST
331932 Posts in 13594 Topics by 2191 Members
Latest Member: Zaltys
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  Super RPGFan Game Journal IV - The New Warriors: The Revenge The Movie The Game
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 101 Print
Author Topic: Super RPGFan Game Journal IV - The New Warriors: The Revenge The Movie The Game  (Read 147560 times)
kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #585 on: July 15, 2010, 10:59:37 PM »

About the end of May in P3P. I've got a lot of social links but I need more guys. :P Also took Theodore on the first date. Apparently I need more Charm for Akihiko. Lame.

NANOMACHINES, SON.
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #586 on: July 16, 2010, 12:33:38 AM »

Apparently I need more Charm for Akihiko. Lame.

This is enough "charm" for him?
kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #587 on: July 16, 2010, 01:28:31 AM »

Ha. You'd THINK so! Maybe he needs another nosebleed.

Seriously though... you need enough 'charm' so the girls don't glare at you when you go talk to him, how lame is that? Who cares about the other girls :P

I started Bayonetta. Lots of fun.

NANOMACHINES, SON.
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #588 on: July 16, 2010, 12:00:52 PM »

DQIX: owns. Currently at Nice Boat.

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Darilon
Level 5 Spoony Bard

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #589 on: July 16, 2010, 04:47:58 PM »

I just finished playing FFTA. The story seemed pretty poor compared to FFT during my first playthrough. This time around I changed my perspective of it.

Marche: A young boy who is prepared to commit the mass genocide of an entire world in order to return home.

Montblanc: A nihilistic moogle who grows tired of awaiting the inevitable.

Code:
Doned: "Marche, I can walk. It is a miracle"
Marche: "Enjoy it while you can brother dear. Soon you shall be returning to your forsaken wheelchair"

Ritz: "It is amazing. For the first time I can accept myself for who I really am"
Marche: "Um, about that. I kind of need to kill Mewt's mother to destroy this world and return it to its former glory. Will you help me Ritz?"
Ritz: *Unsheathes sword*
Marche: "...You disappoint me Ritz"

Mewt: "Look Marche, My mother is alive and my father is back to behaving how he used to act"
Marche: "Hehe... well this is kind of awkward. I kind of need to kill your mom but do not worry everything will turn back to normal. Your mom will stay dead, your dad will turn back into a loser and a lifetime of being bullied awaits you.
Mewt: huh?
Marche: "And what was with turning everyone who bullied you into zombies? You know, just for the chuckles, I am going to leave your precious bear behind when we go home"

Aeolus

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #590 on: July 17, 2010, 07:53:35 PM »

I just finished playing FFTA. The story seemed pretty poor compared to FFT during my first playthrough. This time around I changed my perspective of it.

Marche: A young boy who is prepared to commit the mass genocide of an entire world in order to return home.

Montblanc: A nihilistic moogle who grows tired of awaiting the inevitable.

Code:
Doned: "Marche, I can walk. It is a miracle"
Marche: "Enjoy it while you can brother dear. Soon you shall be returning to your forsaken wheelchair"

Ritz: "It is amazing. For the first time I can accept myself for who I really am"
Marche: "Um, about that. I kind of need to kill Mewt's mother to destroy this world and return it to its former glory. Will you help me Ritz?"
Ritz: *Unsheathes sword*
Marche: "...You disappoint me Ritz"

Mewt: "Look Marche, My mother is alive and my father is back to behaving how he used to act"
Marche: "Hehe... well this is kind of awkward. I kind of need to kill your mom but do not worry everything will turn back to normal. Your mom will stay dead, your dad will turn back into a loser and a lifetime of being bullied awaits you.
Mewt: huh?
Marche: "And what was with turning everyone who bullied you into zombies? You know, just for the chuckles, I am going to leave your precious bear behind when we go home"

That's more or less the only way to look at it.

FFTA2 on the other hand doesn't even have that to fall back on. :(

Anyways DQIX: DQ Gakuen.

MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #591 on: July 17, 2010, 07:59:30 PM »

I assumed your alternate perspective was supposed to be how it was viewed. As such I actually liked FFTA's plot.

What I didn't like was most of the other everything.

Still playing Quake 3 and UT. I need a good RPG for someone with a low attention span. Something light on the readings, heavy on the killings, and nots so turn based.

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

eXaX

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #592 on: July 18, 2010, 08:26:54 AM »

Well, the end is nigh. I have actually completed not one but TWO games in the past 2-3 weeks. 2012 confirmed.

I finished Nier and unlocked all of the endings. I loved that game, the D ending was brilliant.
Also finished TOV. Great game. It took me 48 hours to complete it and yet I must have missed a ton of things (sidequests/costumes/titles/skits). Also, the bosses were quite difficult. Well, more challenging then difficult. I liked it. There were a couple of bosses that were overpowered as hell, the last boss in particular and
Code:
Alexei
They kicked my ass to hell and back.

All in all, I'm satisfied with myself. Next up is either Resonance of Fate or Star Ocean 4. Maybe actually finish P4. We'll see.

sandiny0ursh0es

sandiny0ursh0es
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #593 on: July 19, 2010, 12:26:19 AM »

Just been playing lots of Picross 3D (finally on Hard Mode, that's about 270 puzzles completed so far), Super Mario Galaxy 2 (60ish stars, World 6), and managed to beat God of War 1 FINALLY. Fuck Ares.

kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #594 on: July 20, 2010, 11:57:05 AM »

Got to June 13 in P3P. Bosses have been little trouble so far (just like the PS2 versions), just got Fuuka. Mitsuru's starting equipment is brutal. Also made lots of progress with s-links and stats. I have enough Charm to hang out with Akihiko. Why do I care so much...? I guess because he's a new s-link, haha.

NANOMACHINES, SON.
GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

OK, options aren't SO bad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #595 on: July 22, 2010, 10:57:38 AM »

Still playing Infamous. Still enjoying it, although some of the missions can be pretty tough. I'm also addicted to finding blast shards.
I'm starting to get excited for Metroid: Other M. Little more than a month away(8/31). Please don't suck.
My son really wants Super Mario Galaxy 2, so I told him to save up his chore money to buy it. Last night I ordered it off of Amazon for 41.40. Not bad. I was looking at other Wii games and saw that they had new copies of Mad World for $6.90. I decided just to go ahead and buy it for that price. Anyone around here play the game? Sounds like fun.

Playing: TWD Season 2
Reading: Mistborn #2 by Brandon Sanderson
Wilsongt

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #596 on: July 22, 2010, 12:11:16 PM »

Have completely ignored P3P in favor of actually playing through a game I haven't already beaten: Dragon Quest IX.

Just found Abbot Jack of AllTrades (har har), and quick saved last night so I could sleep. Before being able to vocation change, everyone is level 17 with my main as a Minstrel, Josef as a Warrior, Abigail as a Priest, and Lance as a mage. I think I will be changing Hero into a thief for a little while in order to get some stealing abilities. I might just class change everyone into different classes and grind for Skill Points. Am loving the game despite not being the biggest Dragon Quest fan.
Aeolus

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #597 on: July 24, 2010, 10:45:17 AM »

DQ IX: WHY WONT YOU WISE FROM YOUR GWAVE!!! I've cast Zing on you 20 times now. FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

OK, options aren't SO bad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #598 on: July 24, 2010, 09:38:08 PM »

Ok, so I guess no one has an opinion on Mad World?
Played some more Infamous. Starting to get a bit redundant. Plus I can't stand how the reapers can somehow hit me from several buildings over, but I have to get real close to even have a chance at hitting them.
I downloaded Limbo after reading a few reviews. I love the look of the game, and the very simple, but addicting, gameplay. Feels very old school. Good stuff.

Playing: TWD Season 2
Reading: Mistborn #2 by Brandon Sanderson
Esper_Crusader

I love you, Dr. Zaius

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #599 on: July 24, 2010, 10:29:39 PM »

Madworld is entertaining enough but I couldn't get past the b&w visuals. It just bothered me. It also has John DiMaggio so that was pretty cool.

Anyway, More FFIX today. Just arrived at Cleyra.

Currently playing: .

-----------------------------------
"If I can't smoke and swear, I'm F**ked." ~ Ricky
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 101 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: