Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 28, 2014, 09:54:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
We have a new board! Pop on over to the Game Journals section and tell us what you've been playing!
338710 Posts in 13864 Topics by 2217 Members
Latest Member: milz
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  Super RPGFan Game Journal IV - The New Warriors: The Revenge The Movie The Game
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 101 Print
Author Topic: Super RPGFan Game Journal IV - The New Warriors: The Revenge The Movie The Game  (Read 150498 times)
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #660 on: August 19, 2010, 05:08:53 AM »

Finally decided to get into Final Fantasy XIII. I'm digging it so far, but a few things bug me. The writing is horrendous! How many friggin' times do we need to hear Snow referred to as "The Hero"? Didn't someone(ANYONE!) think to MAYBE change up the dialog a bit? I don't get it. Then there's the ridiculous duo of Hope and Vanille. God, they are annoying. And that weird accent of hers...just bizarre.
I like Lightning, and Sazh is a great character so far. All the silly story BS is going in one ear and out the other, and that's just fine with me.
The graphics and music are damn good. The battles are super fast, if a bit boring. I suppose this will be remedied later on.
Overall positive so far. We'll see where it goes.

"Moms are tough!" *Promptly dies*.

Best line of the game.

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
sandiny0ursh0es

sandiny0ursh0es
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #661 on: August 19, 2010, 01:32:40 PM »

Started up Oblivion... never really played a WRPG before. I finally got out of those sewers, picked the lock into some knights' quarter and promptly got spanked and died. I don't think I'm doing this right.

MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #662 on: August 19, 2010, 11:32:02 PM »

never really played a WRPG before.

Consider making your first WRPG one that's actually good. That is to say, not Oblivion.

http://www.agdinteractive.com/games/qfg2/homepage/homepage.html Try this instead. It's free.

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Dice
Dobbelstenen Muil
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #663 on: August 19, 2010, 11:39:14 PM »

"Moms are tough!" *Promptly dies*.

Best line of the game.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: moms are knda corny that way - I thought that an example of honest writing.

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Dizzy

死ぬがよい

awe.of.she.1@gmail.com
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #664 on: August 20, 2010, 04:55:59 AM »

Finished Arc Rise Fantasia. Was pleasantly surprised with the game, and enjoyed it a lot. I sank 72 hours into the game, and actually didn't feel burnt out. Supposedly there's some post game stuff, but I think I'm going to jump into Ys7 and Okami instead. I'm in the mood for some faster paced gameplay, and hopefully I can finish at least one of those games before Other M / Valkyria Chronicles 2 comes out. My Wii and PSP are gonna be busy for awhile. :l

D-Rider
Former God of RPGFan
Rainbow Club Member

Solitary One

ChlamydiaBlues
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #665 on: August 20, 2010, 07:02:03 PM »

Suikoden 5 has been beaten.  I'm kinda amazed that I didn't remember as much about the last third of the game as I usually do when giving RPGs a second (or third :P) play.  Maybe because it was composed of so many army battles that look identical.

Suikoden 4 next. :P

Esper_Crusader

I love you, Dr. Zaius

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #666 on: August 21, 2010, 12:54:54 PM »

Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light.  It's FANTASTIC!

Currently playing: .

-----------------------------------
"If I can't smoke and swear, I'm F**ked." ~ Ricky
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #667 on: August 22, 2010, 04:55:28 PM »

Lately I've spent most of my free time studying Common Lisp, with about 30-45 minutes a day devoted to practicing guitar cause I mean, I bought the fucking things eight years ago, better do something with them.

Common Lisp - Macros are confusing. I don't get variable capture that much.

Games, though.

SaGa Frontier - Did some shit with Riki's quest. like, I got Skelebitch the RingFucker. I have no idea what I'm doing now since I haven't played this game since last year.

Earth obund - This is way less grindy than I recall. Actually, it hasn't been grindy up to Threed so far. I think now that I'm older I've realized I can spam the fuck out of magic and always find a nearby butterfly to eat whenever the need arises.

Chrono Cross - Got Michael Henry back in my party. Didn't remember the orphanage scene at all. It was 900x better than FFVIII's orphanage scene. Gotta do some more character sidequests. Stuck on a few. Um... I thought the other Arni opened back up eventually. Guess not. Oh well Poshul can go fuck the ~-=aether galaxy fantassssstic=-~ for all I care though I DID want that frog radish thing. Fradish.

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

supersonic
Prefers JRPGs

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #668 on: August 24, 2010, 12:26:00 AM »

Finished Tales of Eternia - it was a great experience.  The PSP version is beautiful too.  Now playing Etrian Odyssey (just started, made it to the third floor) and Nocturne...yes, I have played most of the other SMT games, but it's my first time playing Nocturne. 5 hours in and I just got my ass kicked by Matador.
Dice
Dobbelstenen Muil
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #669 on: August 24, 2010, 12:47:08 AM »

Finished Tales of Eternia - it was a great experience.  The PSP version is beautiful too.  Now playing Etrian Odyssey (just started, made it to the third floor) and Nocturne...yes, I have played most of the other SMT games, but it's my first time playing Nocturne. 5 hours in and I just got my ass kicked by Matador.

I'll buy Eternia off you/... T_T
Youre lucky too - no Volt glitch?

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
D-Rider
Former God of RPGFan
Rainbow Club Member

Solitary One

ChlamydiaBlues
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #670 on: August 24, 2010, 01:09:30 AM »

It might have been a mistake to play Suikoden 4 after Suikoden 5. :P

I do enjoy the game, don't get me wrong.  But man, it's so much more simplistic than any other entry in the series barring the first one, and even that is debatable.  I think I might have spent more time trading than actual plot-related shit. :P

I do have to credit the game for one bit of awesomeness:  the confessional booth.  That's my second favorite extracurricular activity in the entire series, right behind the cooking minigame in Suikoden 2.

Anyway, nearly 20 hours in, 90+ recruits.  I'm on pace to beat this in half the time it took me to get through Suikoden 5. :P

GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

OK, options aren't SO bad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #671 on: August 24, 2010, 11:54:52 AM »

Block Buster online was selling new copies of Muramasa for $15 so I bought. Just showed up in the mail. Can't wait to play it.
I haven't touched FFXIII in a few days. oh well.

Metroid: other M - 1 week. Please be good.

Playing: DA: Inquisition
Reading: Mistbron#3: Hero of Ages
supersonic
Prefers JRPGs

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #672 on: August 24, 2010, 12:53:15 PM »

I'll buy Eternia off you/... T_T
Youre lucky too - no Volt glitch?

No Volt glitch (apparently it depends on the version of the firmware that is included on the UMD) but I'm afraid it's not for sale....It's actually pretty cheap in Europe (I think I paid 12 euros for it and I also bought Breath of Fire III which was even cheaper) so if you know someone there that could order for you...
Dizzy

死ぬがよい

awe.of.she.1@gmail.com
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #673 on: August 24, 2010, 07:00:53 PM »

Been playing a lot of Wii and PSP still. After finishing Arc Rise, I moved on to start up Okami. I only played 4 hours of it though, so I can't really comment on anything outside of how beautiful the game is, and how much I love some of the ambiance in the game. I'm really enjoying it.

For PSP, I marathoned like, 5 hours of Project Diva 1 and unlocked everything in it, and transferred all the content to its PS3 add-on, Dreamy Theater. I'm not sure if I'm going to try to get the trophies on it. I'll probably just play it on and off, on a whim. Going to focus more on Ys7, for the time being. Hopefully I can finish it before Other M, and Valkyria Chronicles 2 come out. It's every bit as fantastic as the previous games are, so far. I sank about 6 hours in to it so far, and am heading for the Fire Altar place.

kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #674 on: August 25, 2010, 10:47:45 AM »

Metroid: other M - 1 week. Please be good.
Agreed.

I've been neglecting P3P for random iPhone games. Uh, oops. Will get back to it today.

NANOMACHINES, SON.
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 101 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: