Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 31, 2014, 06:15:36 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
335293 Posts in 13728 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  Super RPGFan Game Journal IV - The New Warriors: The Revenge The Movie The Game
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 101 Print
Author Topic: Super RPGFan Game Journal IV - The New Warriors: The Revenge The Movie The Game  (Read 149437 times)
Jet16

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #675 on: August 25, 2010, 03:27:06 PM »

I've recently completed Bioshock, Sakura Wars V and Nier. Nier went completely above and beyond what I was expecting it to be.
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #676 on: August 26, 2010, 03:09:05 AM »

DQIX: Rebirth

Two more to go before I can start collecting the top maps.

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Masamune

XzMaSaMuNezX
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #677 on: August 26, 2010, 06:07:30 AM »

Beat Dragon Quest VIII.  Then I did the optional dungeon and beat it again for the true ending.  Good stuff, the Dragons you fight post-game were an awesome challenge.  I decided to see how many I could beat starting at level 40.  I ended up beating all of them, in the process leveling up to 42.  Got all the extra rewards and super items I cared for, pretty much 100% completed the game aside from ridiculous stuff like making all the alchemy items.  I attempted to beat the last fight vs all 7 dragons in succession but it was no go, I ended up dying to the 3rd or 4th dragon.  I'm pretty sure I could accomplish this feat at my current level of 42, but it would require more time/luck/patience then I care to give it.  Pretty satisfied beating them all at 42, since most do it at 65.  Alas, awesome game.  Easily a 9/10 and one of the top 5 RPG's for the PS2.  I love Level 5.

Next up is Magnacarta 2.  Got it for $20 off a gogamer sale so I figure I'll splooge on the $5 DLC and destroy this game in hopefully no more than 20-30 hours.  It sucks but at the same time it's relieving to realize your RPG backlog is far too big to ever actually get through.  Now I'm just going to play games I think I will have fun with.

GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

OK, options aren't SO bad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #678 on: August 26, 2010, 10:54:59 AM »

Played a bit more Mad World. made it to the cowboy boss at the end of area 2 and got my ass kicked.
Muramasa - What a beautiful game! Having fun with it so far. Making no sense of the story or characters, but that's not why I wanted to play this anyway.
My Wii is actually getting some action!

Playing: TWD Season 2, Alan Wake
Reading: Mistborn #2 by Brandon Sanderson
Kstar
Editor Emeritus

I Remember Everything

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #679 on: August 26, 2010, 04:00:53 PM »

The Sims 3 has sucked me in and not in a good way.  I feel like I'm wasting hours creating my dream life in what will never be.  :::tear:::: haha.

Anyway, I started playing Lost Odyssey.  (I know where have I been that I haven't played it yet?)  It starts off slow, but I can appreciate the game.  Of course, there's that whole FFX feel to it and I liked FFX, so it shouldn't be a surprise that it's holding my attention.  The dreams aren't going to be for everybody, but I can appreciate the writing - some are so beautifully and wonderfully written.  I almost feel like it's a shame that many will probably click past the majority of them (I'll even fess up sometimes I get sleepy and don't feel like doing the reading).  It offers something different though and I appreciate that. 

Just got Grand Bazaar in the mail, so it looks like I'll be focusing on that for now, since I'm reviewing it for the site.  Gotta prioritize :-)

"We're all lying in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars" -Oscar Wilde

"To be a star, you must shine your own light, follow your own path, and don't worry about the darkness, for that is when the stars shine brightest."
D-Rider
Former God of RPGFan
Rainbow Club Member

Solitary One

ChlamydiaBlues
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #680 on: August 27, 2010, 12:15:17 PM »

Suikoden 4 has been beaten.  It was incredibly underwhelming after playing Suikoden 5, but I knew it'd be even more underwhelming after playing Suikoden 3.  Which is next on my agenda, by the way. :P

Esper_Crusader

I love you, Dr. Zaius

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #681 on: August 27, 2010, 09:31:31 PM »

Grinding away on FFXIII for 3 hours today. My people are so very weak. At least I can finally bring down a Behemoth king with relative ease:S  I totally fucked up with my upgrade items on weak-ass equipment and Vanille's summon is really kicking my ass. I think I have a lot more grinding ahead of me.

Currently playing: .

-----------------------------------
"If I can't smoke and swear, I'm F**ked." ~ Ricky
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #682 on: August 28, 2010, 03:09:12 AM »

Weird observation about Chrono Cross.

Code:
Serge saves Kid from the burning orphanage and I'm pretty sure it's implied that Kid is the one that saves Serge from drowning when he's younger.

That bit reminded me of a memorable line from As I Lay Dying: "He will save me from the water and the fire." I believe that this is said by the dead Addie Bundren about her son Darl. I guess in a sense Serge and Kid are playing Addie and Darl to eachother, here.

Although there's other things about CC that remind me of the little bit of Faulkner I've read. Going back to As I Lay Dying, the apparent irrelevance of death is part of it. Ghosts are prominent. Skelly's literally dead. Pretty much anyone associated with General Viper is dead in at least one timelime.

There's also how the whole underlying theme of the game matching pretty nicely with Faulkner's Nobel prize acceptance speech, although the really weird part is how much this passage:

I decline to accept the end of man. It is easy enough to say that man is immortal because he will endure: that when the last ding-dong of doom has clanged and faded from the last worthless rock hanging tideless in the last red and dying evening, that even then there will still be one more sound: that of his puny inexhaustible voice, still talking. I refuse to accept this. I believe that man will not merely endure: he will prevail.

matches up with the imagery of the whole Leene's bell bit. You know. Where you're quite literally standing on a worthless rock in a tideless sea in a red and dying evening, with that bell lying there signifying the end of everything. A Miguel.

It's perfect to the point where it can't be anything BUT coincidental and being intentional would probably ruin it, but still. Damn.

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

FlamingR1ft
RPGFan Editor

View Profile Email
« Reply #683 on: August 28, 2010, 04:43:38 AM »

The Sims 3 has sucked me in and not in a good way.  I feel like I'm wasting hours creating my dream life in what will never be.  :::tear:::: haha.

Anyway, I started playing Lost Odyssey.  (I know where have I been that I haven't played it yet?)  It starts off slow, but I can appreciate the game.  Of course, there's that whole FFX feel to it and I liked FFX, so it shouldn't be a surprise that it's holding my attention.  The dreams aren't going to be for everybody, but I can appreciate the writing - some are so beautifully and wonderfully written.  I almost feel like it's a shame that many will probably click past the majority of them (I'll even fess up sometimes I get sleepy and don't feel like doing the reading).  It offers something different though and I appreciate that. 

I love Sims 3 too. Got all the expansions and packs so far. I like designing houses more than anything, haha.

The dream sequences were about the only thing I actually am liking about Lost Odyssey.

CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #684 on: August 28, 2010, 06:40:30 AM »

Finished uncharted 2 on crushing. I never did that on the first game but considering how tough it was on hard it's probably harder than 2, I'll have to give it a try some day.

Currently playing: Uncharted 3, Dark Souls, Team ICO Collection, Atelier Totori, Child of eden.
GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #685 on: August 28, 2010, 11:52:03 AM »

Finished uncharted 2 on crushing. I never did that on the first game but considering how tough it was on hard it's probably harder than 2, I'll have to give it a try some day.
The first game was hard enough on the supposed "easy" mode! You people are nuts.

Anyway..

Muramasa is odd, but fun. I was expecting a full on action/rpg, not a game with staged battles. Still, it's been fun so far. The graphics are beautiful, if a bit repetitive.

HEY MESH! You don't check your PMs or what?

« Last Edit: August 28, 2010, 11:53:42 AM by GrimReality » Logged

MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #686 on: August 28, 2010, 12:17:29 PM »

I don't have Facebook.

Anyway, up to Saturn Valley. Still no need for grinding. This game is actually moving along at a really smooth clip and doesn't feel archaic at all which surprised me. I was sort of dreading replaying it because I thought it would be a mess, but... outside of like, Pray, and Poo's special skill, the magic stuff seems pretty well balanced (Status attacks work on bosses so far) and grind has been non-existent. Also all the other nice little touches that make exploration a joy.

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #687 on: August 28, 2010, 05:04:17 PM »

I don't have Facebook.

OK, but I would humbly suggest answering someone when they ask you a question. You could have PMed me back, "I don't have Facebook." and that would have been fine.
Anyway. Games...
Reviews so far for Other M are a bit more subdued than I had hoped. We'll see.

D-Rider
Former God of RPGFan
Rainbow Club Member

Solitary One

ChlamydiaBlues
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #688 on: August 28, 2010, 07:47:21 PM »

Oh snap, Suikoden 3 hasn't aged as well as I thought it would have. :(  It's looking pretty bland and awkward to my eyes.  Still fun, but damn.

Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #689 on: August 28, 2010, 08:26:55 PM »

It's blocky...but not hideous.

Dammit D-Rider, every time someone complains about a game I want to replay it and see it again for myself, and I've like six games on the go as it is! :(

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 101 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: