Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2014, 10:08:30 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
319144 Posts in 13033 Topics by 2145 Members
Latest Member: aew0
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  Super RPGFan Game Journal IV - The New Warriors: The Revenge The Movie The Game
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 101 Print
Author Topic: Super RPGFan Game Journal IV - The New Warriors: The Revenge The Movie The Game  (Read 140979 times)
Dizzy

死ぬがよい

awe.of.she.1@gmail.com
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #690 on: August 28, 2010, 09:04:42 PM »

Blasted through Ys 7, and the game was wonderful. Just working on a few side things now (like those blasted pikkards :P), and farming Soul Stones for final equipment.

I also finished Ys 6 in one sitting yesterday, so needless to say, I'm pretty fucking tired... =_=

I want to replay Oath in Felghana or Ys 1&2, but I think I'll just wait for the PSP releases to come out here. It's not that far off anyways. Maybe I'll start up Ys Origins again instead, until Metroid comes out. I'm sure I can finish it over the weekend. It's either that, or maybe actually start a game in my library that I haven't even started yet (Sakura Taisen 5 is still sitting on my shelf, completely wrapped). :l

Tenchi-no-Ryu
RPGFan's MMO Junkie
RPGFan Editor

TenchiNoRyujin
View Profile
« Reply #691 on: August 28, 2010, 09:59:28 PM »

Finally got around to playing Borderlands. I've had it on PS3 since it came out but had HDD issues with it, then got sidetracked and never went back to it. A friend of mine introduced me to Alien Swarm on Steam, which is free and feels like Aliens meets Left for Dead. Anyway I noticed Borderlands was on sale on Steam and looked hot on the PC so I picked it up with all it's expansions on the cheap and have been loving the he'll out of it.

Was fixated on Ys SEVEN last week, about 3/5 of the way through, so will have to get back to it at some point before the FFXIV open beta .
Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Vicious Feminist

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #692 on: August 29, 2010, 08:53:06 AM »

Playing my first ever Suikoden game, the very first one. Gotta say, I'm enjoying it a lot. I've recruited about 50 of the 108 Stars of Destiny (I think that's what they are called) so I don't know if that means I'm approaching the halfway mark or not.

Grinding faeries for bits of pottery is probably the weirdest part of this.

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Here to suck the fun out of games.
Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #693 on: August 29, 2010, 09:21:47 AM »

Beat Dragon Quest VIII.  Then I did the optional dungeon and beat it again for the true ending.  Good stuff, the Dragons you fight post-game were an awesome challenge.  I decided to see how many I could beat starting at level 40.  I ended up beating all of them, in the process leveling up to 42.  Got all the extra rewards and super items I cared for, pretty much 100% completed the game aside from ridiculous stuff like making all the alchemy items.  I attempted to beat the last fight vs all 7 dragons in succession but it was no go, I ended up dying to the 3rd or 4th dragon.  I'm pretty sure I could accomplish this feat at my current level of 42, but it would require more time/luck/patience then I care to give it.  Pretty satisfied beating them all at 42, since most do it at 65.  Alas, awesome game.  Easily a 9/10 and one of the top 5 RPG's for the PS2.  I love Level 5.

How many Timbres of Tension and Sage's Stones do you have?

It's blocky...but not hideous.

Dammit D-Rider, every time someone complains about a game I want to replay it and see it again for myself, and I've like six games on the go as it is! :(

Oh shit! SO3 big plot twist finally makes sense!

Code:
It's all a parody playing off of the game's tutorial. The entire game is a big fucking troll.

Anyways...

DQIX: Q Harder.

LoZ:MM: Goddammit the camera sucks in Goron Ball mode. The MP games have me so spoiled right now. On my third cycle in minimalist mode. The N64 controller is the worst controller ever designed by Nintendo.

You've misunderstood me. I just seek your death only because you're in the way of my goal of world conquest. I can't help it that I have evil ambitions and am named Dark Lord. Honest.
(Tunnels)
Professional Thinger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #694 on: August 29, 2010, 04:07:15 PM »

I've been bouncing around several games lately. Started replaying Fable 2, and while I'm not deviating to far from my first time through, I'm still enjoying it immensely. I'm building up my real estate empire and buying up everyone's shit, and then renting it back to them. I also started replaying Tales of Symphonia. Currently in Palmacosta, and determined to name every fucking dog in this game with Colette.

I rented Alan Wake yesterday, and started playing that as well. Really good creepy atmosphere, and I love how it's presented like a t.v. show.
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #695 on: August 30, 2010, 01:28:19 AM »

Okay that dude that's Suiking it up in the hizzle's got me jonesin' for some Suikodens myself. Maybe soon ! Perhaps TOMORROW even  !

Up through Belch's stuff in EB. I wish I still liked most SNES RPGs as much as I'm liking this :(

Trying to figure out what else I should play. I'm thinking about hooking up my Gamecube and seeing if I can finally figure out how to get Dirk to make Figurines in ToS although I'm pretty sure my game glitched.

More SaGa Frontier seems likely as well if I can seriously remember what the hell I was doing in Riki's quest.

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #696 on: August 30, 2010, 03:24:51 AM »

Finished uncharted 2 on crushing. I never did that on the first game but considering how tough it was on hard it's probably harder than 2, I'll have to give it a try some day.
The first game was hard enough on the supposed "easy" mode! You people are nuts.

Weren't you the one saying that uncharted needs lock on? You totally suck at shooters dude :-)

Currently playing: Uncharted 3, Dark Souls, Team ICO Collection, Atelier Totori, Child of eden.
GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

OK, options aren't SO bad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #697 on: August 30, 2010, 09:55:26 AM »

Finished uncharted 2 on crushing. I never did that on the first game but considering how tough it was on hard it's probably harder than 2, I'll have to give it a try some day.
The first game was hard enough on the supposed "easy" mode! You people are nuts.

Weren't you the one saying that uncharted needs lock on? You totally suck at shooters dude :-)
Yes, I did say that. And, Yes, I DO suck at shooters. I had the same problems with InFamous.
I read that the new Metroid has lock-on and breathed a sigh of relief.

It was damn hot out yesterday so I decided to spend some time with Final Fantasy XIII. That Lake Bresha area is Gorgeous! I'm also now getting to play around with Paradigms and such. Got my ass kicked by some boss three times in a row until I started using them right. The battles in this are frickin' intense. I'm only 4 hours in, but I'm enjoying it so far.

Playing: A Link Between Worlds
Reading: Cosmos by Carl Sagan
kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #698 on: August 30, 2010, 10:41:52 AM »

Got to the October 5th full moon in P3P. It's the one full moon boss that gives me a hard time. Sigh.

Also hoping to have some free time for Metroid: Other M when it's out but all this packing's getting in the way..

NANOMACHINES, SON.
CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #699 on: August 30, 2010, 12:02:06 PM »

Got to the October 5th full moon in P3P. It's the one full moon boss that gives me a hard time. Sigh.

Also hoping to have some free time for Metroid: Other M when it's out but all this packing's getting in the way..

I'm about 2 weeks ahead of you. There's a pattern to the weel of fortune. From my experience if you hit it on a red zone it usually stops at blue.

Currently playing: Uncharted 3, Dark Souls, Team ICO Collection, Atelier Totori, Child of eden.
kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #700 on: August 30, 2010, 10:20:53 PM »

I'm about 2 weeks ahead of you. There's a pattern to the weel of fortune. From my experience if you hit it on a red zone it usually stops at blue.

Ha, yeah, I noticed. Which worked great until you get the huge red spaces and the really tiny blue ones. Dying when I'd almost had Fortune dead was pretty frustrating. :P

NANOMACHINES, SON.
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #701 on: August 31, 2010, 01:38:17 AM »

Started playing Suikoden 1. Up to like, Mt. Seifu or whatever the first dungeon is. This is is horribly lame so far.

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #702 on: August 31, 2010, 01:56:09 AM »

Started playing Suikoden 1. Up to like, Mt. Seifu or whatever the first dungeon is. This is is horribly lame so far.

Nostalgia is the only thing that can really save age.  If no nostalgia, it's a tough go.

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Vicious Feminist

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #703 on: August 31, 2010, 06:00:10 AM »

Nostalgia is the only thing that can really save age.  If no nostalgia, it's a tough go.

Apparently this is not true, I just finished Suikoden 1 for the first time yesterday and I loved it. I admit it took a bit of effort to get into the swing of it, but eventually I couldn't put it down.

I will say though Mesh, at the point you are at now, I was thinking about giving it up because it didn't seem to be as charming as people made it out to be, eventually though I found its charm.

I'm now playing 2. I wish 3 came out over here, I'll just have to order 4 & 5 until I import a NTSC PS2 or something.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2010, 06:03:57 AM by Starmongoose » Logged

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Here to suck the fun out of games.
Masamune

XzMaSaMuNezX
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #704 on: August 31, 2010, 06:56:57 AM »

Beat Dragon Quest VIII.  Then I did the optional dungeon and beat it again for the true ending.  Good stuff, the Dragons you fight post-game were an awesome challenge.  I decided to see how many I could beat starting at level 40.  I ended up beating all of them, in the process leveling up to 42.  Got all the extra rewards and super items I cared for, pretty much 100% completed the game aside from ridiculous stuff like making all the alchemy items.  I attempted to beat the last fight vs all 7 dragons in succession but it was no go, I ended up dying to the 3rd or 4th dragon.  I'm pretty sure I could accomplish this feat at my current level of 42, but it would require more time/luck/patience then I care to give it.  Pretty satisfied beating them all at 42, since most do it at 65.  Alas, awesome game.  Easily a 9/10 and one of the top 5 RPG's for the PS2.  I love Level 5.
How many Timbres of Tension and Sage's Stones do you have?
I have one of each.  I tried to farm the magical beast hide required for another timbrel, but after about 15 minutes of fighting orc king's with no luck I said screw it.  I put enough time into the game, hah.  I didn't see the need for another sage stone since I had full heal and omni heal on my main and Angelo as well.  Although I'm sure there's some sort of strategy involving spamming Timbrel's and Sage Stone's and using Miracle Slash or something to heal as well.

Started up Magnacarta 2. Enjoying it thus far.

Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 101 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: