Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 15, 2014, 10:51:54 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Subject: Persona 3: FES
Prize: $20 eShop, PSN or Steam code
Date: 3rd October 2014 Time: 16:00 EST
331339 Posts in 13569 Topics by 2191 Members
Latest Member: Zaltys
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  Super RPGFan Game Journal IV - The New Warriors: The Revenge The Movie The Game
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 101 Print
Author Topic: Super RPGFan Game Journal IV - The New Warriors: The Revenge The Movie The Game  (Read 147257 times)
insertnamehere

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #810 on: October 13, 2010, 01:05:44 PM »

Randomly found Ar Tonelico 2 in G-Force yesterday, along with Suikoden Tactics. I was kind of taken back to see such an obscure title there, but way-hey.

Now all I need to do is find Ar Tonelico 1, if anyone knows, is 2 a continuation of the story? Would it be optimum to play 1 first?

I've only gotten through maybe 10 hours at most of AT1 without having played 2 and based on that and reading stuff online, it mostly has backstory about religion and a few people from 1 show up in 2, so you could probably play the first someday like a prequel instead of playing it first.

come get high with me
ba dum tissssss
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #811 on: October 13, 2010, 01:40:05 PM »

That, and the game has a fast forward button that I love. Every game should have one of those.

Especially RTSes where you have build queues to worry about. Dear god.

I tried playing Puzzle Quest again but I got sort of fed up with how random it is. You CAN play strategically by what you equip, what spells you use, and controlling who gets what colored mana, but you still gets sequences where the enemy gets off like a whole bunch of mana and attacks in a row because the random tiles just fall in that way.

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

OK, options aren't SO bad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #812 on: October 14, 2010, 09:23:01 AM »

Metroid: Other M is finished(sort if). I may mess around a bit to see what I can find.
I actually really liked it, despite some major flaws. I was fine with Samus, but everyone and everything else I didn't like so much. The story really got ridiculous at the end there.
While the environmental sounds/music were OK, I still wish it had a "real" soundtrack.
The gameplay was pretty darn good, and most of the boss battles were well done.

I'll probably start up Bayonetta and play that until I get LoS for my birthday.

BTW, my son finished Zero Mission. He loved it. I'll get him playing some of the other Metroid games, but for now he wants to play Super Mario World. I'll DL it on the Wii, assuming it's available.

Playing:
Reading: Mistborn by Brandon Sanderson
Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Vicious Feminist

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #813 on: October 14, 2010, 12:09:23 PM »

Randomly found Ar Tonelico 2 in G-Force yesterday, along with Suikoden Tactics. I was kind of taken back to see such an obscure title there, but way-hey.

Now all I need to do is find Ar Tonelico 1, if anyone knows, is 2 a continuation of the story? Would it be optimum to play 1 first?

I've only gotten through maybe 10 hours at most of AT1 without having played 2 and based on that and reading stuff online, it mostly has backstory about religion and a few people from 1 show up in 2, so you could probably play the first someday like a prequel instead of playing it first.

Danke, though I think i'll wait till I get 1. Sure I can treat the story like a prequel, but it always sucks when tweaking, improvements are taken away when you go in reverse order.

I am, however now playing Suikoden Tactics. Woo, Suikoden + Fire Emblem = Win.

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Here to suck the fun out of games.
Esper_Crusader

I love you, Dr. Zaius

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #814 on: October 15, 2010, 07:34:00 AM »

I finallly started up a game of Hexyz Force on the old PSP. Seems good so far.  I also broke down and grabbed Castevania since everyone seems to be loving it. I'll probably get into that tonight after work.

Currently playing: .

-----------------------------------
"If I can't smoke and swear, I'm F**ked." ~ Ricky
sandiny0ursh0es

sandiny0ursh0es
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #815 on: October 15, 2010, 12:14:57 PM »

So FML, my save file for Penny Arcade Ep 2 is corrupt. Apparently there was a game-ending bug in it that WAS fixed with the patch, but like an idiot, I skipped d/ling the patch and just played the game because at the time my internet connection was being shady. That's about 7 or 8 hours of playtime down the drain and I don't know if I want to play through it all again.

CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #816 on: October 15, 2010, 01:42:29 PM »

Playing castlevania and loving the hell out of it.

Currently playing: Uncharted 3, Dark Souls, Team ICO Collection, Atelier Totori, Child of eden.
MindCandy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #817 on: October 15, 2010, 02:08:13 PM »

*Metroid item pickup sound*

Just got SMT Strange Journey for 17 bucks.

That's right, 17. I love the local gamestop here. It's in dumbassville, where it it's not an FPS or a sports title, it never sells and gets DIRT CHEAP.

Hell there 4 copies of Nier here, that's my next pickup.

Currently playing:
Xbox 360 - NIER
Wii - Metroid Prime 2: Echos (trilogy version)
PSP - Disgaea
DS - SMT: Devil Survivor
Fadedsun

Sunny Summoner

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #818 on: October 15, 2010, 02:22:44 PM »

*Metroid item pickup sound*

Just got SMT Strange Journey for 17 bucks.

That's right, 17. I love the local gamestop here. It's in dumbassville, where it it's not an FPS or a sports title, it never sells and gets DIRT CHEAP.

Hell there 4 copies of Nier here, that's my next pickup.

Strange Journey at my gamestop is $15 used, I think. I was surprised because P4 used was still $35.

Still playing Yggdra Union. I read the gamespot review for the PSP version last night and it pissed me off. They gave it a 5.5 and listed off all these stupid reasons why they thought it sucked. I came to the RPGfan review and read it just so I could feel better.

"Oh, a hunter..."
GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #819 on: October 16, 2010, 09:35:35 AM »

OK, so NOW I'm done with Other M. Played for about 15 hours. Epilogue included
Code:
Took me numerous tries to beat that giant...whatever it was. And all that was just for a freakin' helmet?! Samus = softy
My item % was only 41%! Ugh. I would actually continue on to see how high I could get that # if I didn't have other games I want to play.

Playing:
CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #820 on: October 16, 2010, 04:13:05 PM »

Just played the force unleashed 2 demo. I'm very impressed, might end up being the best looking multiplat game yet. Gameplay is also very good. There's a ton of potential here.

Currently playing: Uncharted 3, Dark Souls, Team ICO Collection, Atelier Totori, Child of eden.
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #821 on: October 16, 2010, 06:12:04 PM »

I read the gamespot review for the PSP version last night and it pissed me off.

Let me see if Popmatters reviewed it. If they did it's probably a terrible review. For instance, their Knights in the Nightmare review was awful and bitched about them having an optional tutorial, of all things. The Persona 1 PSP review was just wrong about a lot of things (THE GAME HAD A MINIMAP DUDE. THE ORIGINAL VERSION HAD A MINIMAP. WARGH). The Devil Summoner 2 review was just the most stonefuck idiotic thing I ever saw online.

Also fuck they didn't review it. I thought they did. Sorry :(

But still, if you want some lulz, go check the site out. Even their positive reviews are funny because it's like pretentious hipster crap.

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Jet16

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #822 on: October 17, 2010, 08:33:04 AM »

I've recently been playing Enslaved, Castlevania LOS and SMT Strange Journey. I beat Enslaved last night and it was awesome, despite an abrupt ending. I'll probably go through and get all the tech orbs and masks that I missed. I'm at the seventh chapter in Castlevania LOS and it has been incredible so far. As for Strange Journey, I'm at the last dungeon. My opinion of the game lowered as I progressed through it, but overall it has been enjoyable.
Darilon
Level 5 Spoony Bard

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #823 on: October 17, 2010, 10:24:03 AM »

Valkyria Chronicles 2

I have just beaten August Story Mission.
Code:
All hell seems to have broken loose. Totally was not expecting Leon to be Dirk. I had assumed Dirk would be a Darcsen.

For normal battles I tend to use Melissa as an AT Sniper and she tends to take out more tanks than my lancers. I also use Anisette for normal enemies. If some V2s show up and Melissa is not nearby I usually use Jamill or Alexis.

Having completed all the current character missions available my team does not change as much as it did before.

GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #824 on: October 18, 2010, 09:28:34 AM »

I started up Bayonetta. I had played the demo a couple times, but holy cow was that tame compared to the real deal. I imagine they didn't want to scare people away. This game is completely ridiculous. I just want to fight and beat the crap out of monsters, but it keeps injecting silly story scenes and such. WTF is up with the Joe Pesci wannabe? I hope the music improves(changes?), too, as I don't like it at ALL.

Playing:
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 101 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: